Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

Just took my car in to get the transmission fixed because there is a very serious shudder at low speeds and some other issues when accelerating... the dealership tried to tell me there is nothing wrong with it!  I'm guessing there's "nothing wrong with it" because its still inside of the warranty and they supposedly already fixed it last week.  I'm totally going to flip out if this doesn't get fixed!!!

On a side note, when I couldn't figure out how to spell "supposedly", spell check wanted to change it to suppository.  lol

Edited by OsuMj
  • Upvote 1

It's automatic but it's some new hyBrid transmission that is set up like a manual... I haven't read about it yet so I don't totally get it.

Just go to Google and search for Focus Dual Clutch Transmission, or something similar.  It's an ingenious design, although it seems that Ford is having some issues with their implementation of it, mainly with the software that controls it.  Honda also uses a DCT on the VFR 1200.  For cars, it looks like VW was the first to use it in a production vehicle.

As an enginerd, I figured you would have been all over this!  :lol:

My wife's cousin, Bobby Reuse, is in his first ever  NASCAR Nationwide  race today.at Road America.

He is driving the #74 Chevy Camaro.

The race started at 3 or so, due to the rain delay. 

Almost halfway through the race and Bobby is in 28th place, one lap down.

• Upvote 1

So what was it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don't know exactly what a haberdashery is but this place sold yarn and sewing things.

Oh wait, here's google!

"A haberdasher is a person who sells small articles for sewing, such as buttons, ribbons, zips, and other notions (in the United Kingdom[1]) or a men's outfitter (American English[2]). A haberdasher's shop or the items sold therein are called haberdashery."

My roommate is terrible about having old food in the house, so I'm always careful to remark when things arrive.

So when a six pack of raisins showed up on the counter the other day I assumed they were newly bought. Grabbed one on my way out this morning and I'm eating them at church when I happen to look down in my hand to see three raisins and a maggot

• Upvote 1