Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

I wound up in handcuffs after an argument with some non English speaking hertz employee a few years ago. I am was not charged or taken to jail but I am banned from the hertz location at Philadelphia Intl Airport for life.

• Upvote 2

So others are aware:

Scenario:

Reserved car online weeks ago.hertz accepted the bid at $25/day for a full size car.

Show up and there's a long line.

I opt for the skip the line kiosk where You video conference an agent.

Which ended up taking 45 minutes and no sooner then where I was in line since the video person disappeared.

I insert my credit card, hold up my drivers lisence to the camera. She has my reservation number.

I tell her I do not need insurance.

She says you'll have to sign a insurance waiver and its $10/day. I questioned why I have to pay $10/day because I have my own insurance? And told her I'm not pay you $10/day because I don't need your insurance.

She then says they have no full size cars. I said really? I have a reservation? She says I'm sorry sir stay near the desk so you can hear them call your name it will be about 15 minutes. I told her most places bump you up when that happens.

So I wait. 30 minutes go by. 50 people have come and gone with no reservations.

I get on FB and complain on the hertz site. Dude immediately responds. Tells me to pm him reservation number.

15 min later the front desk lady calls my name. She says I'm sorry it didn't come over. I said it's still only $25/day correct, I Dont need your insurance I have my own, no other charges correct? She said yes.

As I'm driving to drop the car back off I notice the paper states insurance waiver accepted. $37/day.

"Insurance waiver" means I pay and im responsible for nothing.

I explain this problem to the guy that checks your car in. He agrees hertz is messed up. I told him to confirm the car is in excellent shape. I took pics.

Gives me reciept for $80+

I asked him if this is ALL I'm being charged. He says no that's just the insurance. Got managers name and had the catch a shuttle for a plane.

Bastards charged me $280 for something. Called CC company to report fraud getting reversed. Posted on hertz FB again.they asked me to PM them conf. # again.

I'm just getting started.

FB guy later states I signed for the charges no credit is due. No, I signed a blank screen after your agent confirmed my question and statement which was: it's still only $25/day right? I do NOT need your insurance, and there's no other charges correct? Her Response "yes" then I signed the blank signature screen.

Edited by Gump
  • Upvote 1

So others are aware:

Scenario:

Reserved car online weeks ago.hertz accepted the bid at $25/day for a full size car.

Show up and there's a long line.

I opt for the skip the line kiosk where You video conference an agent.

Which ended up taking 45 minutes and no sooner then where I was in line since the video person disappeared.

I insert my credit card, hold up my drivers lisence to the camera. She has my reservation number.

I tell her I do not need insurance.

She says you'll have to sign a insurance waiver and its $10/day. I questioned why I have to pay $10/day because I have my own insurance? And told her I'm not pay you $10/day because I don't need your insurance.

She then says they have no full size cars. I said really? I have a reservation? She says I'm sorry sir stay near the desk so you can hear them call your name it will be about 15 minutes. I told her most places bump you up when that happens.

So I wait. 30 minutes go by. 50 people have come and gone with no reservations.

I get on FB and complain on the hertz site. Dude immediately responds. Tells me to pm him reservation number.

15 min later the front desk lady calls my name. She says I'm sorry it didn't come over. I said it's still only $25/day correct, I Dont need your insurance I have my own, no other charges correct? She said yes.

As I'm driving to drop the car back off I notice the paper states insurance waiver accepted. $37/day.

"Insurance waiver" means I pay and im responsible for nothing.

I explain this problem to the guy that checks your car in. He agrees hertz is messed up. I told him to confirm the car is in excellent shape. I took pics.

Gives me reciept for $80+

I asked him if this is ALL I'm being charged. He says no that's just the insurance. Got managers name and had the catch a shuttle for a plane.

Bastards charged me $280 for something. Called CC company to report fraud getting reversed. Posted on hertz FB again.they asked me to PM them conf. # again.

I'm just getting started.

FB guy later states I signed for the charges no credit is due. No, I signed a blank screen after your agent confirmed my question and statement which was: it's still only $25/day right? I do NOT need your insurance, and there's no other charges correct? Her Response "yes" then I signed the blank signature screen.

That's some bullshit right there. I'd start a new thread about it so when people use the Googles, it will come up.

I use Avis and have never had an issue. I've probably done 15 rentals this year. Reserve on line. Get an email with my spot. Get in...show my license to the gate dude and off I go. Upon return, I pull up and they check miles and tank and the receipt goes to my email.

Dealer in GA forgot to take the car I am looking at purchasing to get a PPI... Got that straightened out.

Find me a sub 120k mile, extended cab or 4 door truck down there while you're at it :)

Our new twins arrived Tuesday at 2:27 an 2:28 pm and are healthy and loving life already!  Wife is good, had an epideral(sp) this time instead of a spinal and well, they forgot to give her the last 1/3(5ml) of medicine due to some OR issues and us getting bumped 3 times before actually going in to deliver.  Let's just say when they put her back together, it wasn't good.

But on a high note, her recovery has been MUCH better this time, and we actually left the hospital 1 day early due to being put next to some nutcases who were having domestics in their suite and child services there multiple times a day, everyday.  Healthy environment for a newborn and for other new mothers.

But our 2 year old is taking a liking to them, he is acting out a little more, or that could just be our exhaustion, but overall we are very happy with how they are health wise and how our 2 year old is handling it.  Some big changes as this is his last week at a sitter and then it's just home with mom and dad for a while until I figure out my next move.

Our babysitter told us she is moving to Cleveland and this Friday is her last day after 1.5 years and childcare is too expensive for us to make sense of it around us so we are planning some career changes it appears.  I think I've already made some decisions for the best for our family, not necessarily myself, but the family.  After all they come first.

• Upvote 3

Salmon plus 1/4 cup bourbon, 1/8 cup of honey, and 2 TBSP brown sugar cookies skin up on a skillet for 6 minutes then in the oven for 5 minutes at 450F then a drizzle of chive butter. Zomg, good.

• Upvote 1

Been in the new house 5 days and already moved in our crap, painted 3 rooms and trimmed 3 over grown damn trees. Real pleased with the progress in under a week

• Upvote 1