Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

I hate them too.  For some reason bars on sport bikes look ok in black...never got used to anything but chrome on cruiser type bikes.

In any event, the dude's got small pp issues or something to run T-bars like that.  I can't tell from the pic, but if that's a Dyna frame you know it's probably kinked too.  What year is it?

Just now, Wandering Soul said:

I hate them too.  For some reason bars on sport bikes look ok in black...never got used to anything but chrome on cruiser type bikes.

In any event, the dude's got small pp issues or something to run T-bars like that.  I can't tell from the pic, but if that's a Dyna frame you know it's probably kinked too.  What year is it?

2015 Dyna low rider No stress marks or abnormalities on the frame. Tank dented, rear pulley bent, belt guard twisted, rear fender bent, broke 3 of 4 blinkers. Bike should have been totaled but insurance was expired (Rider insurance dropped everyone in WV).

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

2015 Dyna low rider No stress marks or abnormalities on the frame. Tank dented, rear pulley bent, belt guard twisted, rear fender bent, broke 3 of 4 blinkers. Bike should have been totaled but insurance was expired (Rider insurance dropped everyone in WV).

It'd be interesting to see how straight it tracks when done.  When they eliminated the rear downtube I think they sacrificed some strength.

2 minutes ago, Wandering Soul said:

It'd be interesting to see how straight it tracks when done.  When they eliminated the rear downtube I think they sacrificed some strength.

The guy actually rode it to our shop, and he claimed it rode fine. I have my doubts though. You can visually tell the front end was not straight. The bars hit the stops on the triple trees so hard, it sheared them off allowing the bars to rotate into the tank.