Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

1 hour ago, Casper said:

I thought your wife didn't care? 

She didn't. Then she spawned twins and the damn game changed

the amount of work these two are is incredible and exhausting. Me being gone for 4 days is asking a whole shit ton lot

Edited by Bad324

1 hour ago, Bad324 said:

She didn't. Then she spawned twins and the damn game changed

the amount of work these two are is incredible and exhausting. Me being gone for 4 days is asking a whole shit ton lot

You've got it easy right now man. Just wait... 

10 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

I finally got myself a gerbing heated jacket liner and controller. Now to see how cold of weather I can stand with heated gear...

Colder than you will fee safe riding due to possible ice. In other words the deciding factor won't be comfort, you will be very comfy.  It will be the possible/probable road conditions. I freeze quickly and badly, I have very low tolerance for the cold and I can ride in the mid 30's no problem.

• Upvote 2

On 11/28/2016 at 8:59 PM, Isaac's Papa said:

Ordered a new fork for my mountain bike. Also new brake pads, handlebar, rotors, front hydraulic line, and RD hanger. Holy shit! My "budget" bicycle just shot upwards into the $600 range. I could have bought a real bike for that. :( 

The marketing teams for bicycle makers must be geniuses :)

22 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

Maybe, but it's not marketing hype that I fell for. I bought a decade-old frame that has seen some action. A new bike would have set me back well over a grand. I'm still ahead of the game. A bike kitted like Lyns' "new" mountain bike would have been a few grand. I was happy to pay $600 and drive 3 hours to get it. 

Besides, I've never been on a motorcycle ride that felt as awesome as riding a hardtail at full-tilt while slipping between trees and rocks. I look forward to actually getting fast at this stuff. 

I get it Paul...just messin'

But it does seem like that industry is rife with planned obsolescence.  

Edited by Tpoppa
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, bowdog said:

If that isn't a scam you need to jump on today!

It doesn't seem to be. I talked to the dude and he doesn't seem to know what he has. I told him if he still had it by Saturday after I look at the Firebird I'd come look at it and he's like yea this isn't going anywhere at this time of year. Supposed to be a clean title and everything