Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

23 hours ago, Wojo72 said:

Just found out that my Mom has cancer.  Fuck.  Not looking for sympathy, just getting it off of my chest.  I can't tell my wife or kid for now.  Not even supposed to know at this point but my brother let it slip.  My dad died from a different type of cancer 13+ years ago.  Here we go again.    

Fuck cancer. 

52 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I fucking despise video games. I'm thirty seconds from absolute totalitarian rule and tossing the box and the boy out of the highest window in this goddamn house. 

I used to game ALOT. Then I discovered I'm in a better mood if I spend that time into the garage or the gym. 

• Upvote 1

Winter isn't for video gaming. Once the weather breaks my Xbox sits basically unused and I'm more than okay with that

i gamed a shit ton growing up and i turned out just fine albeit somewhat lazy and fat

Whoever was completely stopped and out of their car on the route 2 bridge going westbound from Cleveland taking pictures of the sunset, you sir are a fucking idiot. I hope you almost getting hit by every car passing by was worth the shots you took the other day.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

It's 60+ in cleveland right now. Also stuck inside.

Stuck in a Gaylord property where everything is about 300% more expensive than it should be. $15 hamburger for lunch that should be $5. Here for 7 days...

There IS a movie theater right next door with IMAX though. Maybe I'll go see the new star wars or something if I get some time off. 

Just now, what said:

Stuck in a Gaylord property where everything is about 300% more expensive than it should be. $15 hamburger for lunch that should be $5. Here for 7 days...

There IS a movie theater right next door with IMAX though. Maybe I'll go see the new star wars or something if I get some time off. 

Per Diem? 

1 hour ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I have a corporate card and usually eat sushi and steak when I'm on the road. Usually a few beers. I'll buy some cigars while away. Bottle of scotch. Any/all entertainment is also on the company's dime. 

I've got a card too, but they payroll deduct any charges put on it that aren't pre-approved. On larger events we will do a thing called "Crew Meal" where everyone pitches in $20 and then you order whatever you want except alcohol. 2 people last year got a 2 drink maximum policy put in place because they ordered $500 in scotch for themselves like assholes. Generally we end up at pretty nice places in a private room. Every other meal is good luck chuck, unless it's provided by the client as a lunch/dinner buffet or something in the ballroom/meeting space. 

BUT!

we discovered and snuck into the employee cafeteria, which has a $3 at-cost buffet for all resort staff. score. 

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

Yeah.. my boss is a "work hard, play hard" kind of guy. Enjoying ourselves while traveling for work is a big deal to him. We don't abuse our privilege, but the line is very slack. 

I'm also expected to maintain customer relations and large food/beverage/entertainment charges are part of the gig. 

I don't have to go out and wine/dine the clients, thankfully. 

Edited by what

The good news is, I'm racking up the overtime this week. Need to then decide between the FZ-10 for reliability and power whoolies or a Honda Element to pull the track trailer. FZ would be a lot more fun but I'm hesitant to buy a bike off the show room. I think I could get pretty close to even if I sold the Triumph and the SV though, may have to toss a couple $K on top. Common sense tells me get the Element this year, get a used FZ next year. 

Life is so hard. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Isaac's Papa said:

I'm blue collar. I don't whine and dine rich people. I take the install crew and reward them for a job well done and for making me look good. Suits are not invited. 

My personal feelings on bike buying is to let someone else take the initial hit, then farkle the thing to death, then find out they can't/won't use the bike. 

"Buy low. Ride high."  

Yeah, I figure I can find a lightly used FZ-10 next year, or maybe even next winter for around $8-9k. A few places have them advertised at 10999 new, but that's with none of the dealer fees attached which I'm sure is how they get it up over MSRP. Can dump the $$ I save on a used bike into ++horsepowers and springy bits. 

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, what said:

The good news is, I'm racking up the overtime this week. Need to then decide between the FZ-10 for reliability and power whoolies or a Honda Element to pull the track trailer. FZ would be a lot more fun but I'm hesitant to buy a bike off the show room. I think I could get pretty close to even if I sold the Triumph and the SV though, may have to toss a couple $K on top. Common sense tells me get the Element this year, get a used FZ next year. 

Life is so hard. 

New Z900 FTW ;) 

2 hours ago, Wojo72 said:

Westfield Powersports is damn near giving away leftover FZ09s if you don't have your heart set on the big dog.

I'd rather have the 10. The 9 is too close to the Street Triple and I've never had an I4. Twin, Triple now I need a 4 cylinder. 

2 hours ago, what said:

I'd rather have the 10. The 9 is too close to the Street Triple and I've never had an I4. Twin, Triple now I need a 4 cylinder. 

I can't fault you there.  I stepped up to the 4 but I used ABS and TC as the excuse.  :lol:  Now that the FZ09 has ABS it would be a tougher choice.

Edited by Wojo72

7 hours ago, Wojo72 said:

Westfield Powersports is damn near giving away leftover FZ09s if you don't have your heart set on the big dog.

I personally wouldn't own a pre-2017 FZ 09.   The have some shortcomings.  There are reasons they're being sold cheap.   I would however own the nicely updated 2017 model.