NE spring meet

garysol1

The road crews threw down some heavy salt up here. I was cussing the whole way home! I know they have to do it in order to get more for next year. It just ruins where I was planning to ride this Saturday. We'll be good for this ride I hope. Never know here in the OH..

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deadmans corner was closed last night on my way home from work due to a truck flipping over and a multi car pile up behind it. wish they would have thrown some salt on the shoreway around midnight. Had to take east 9th thru downtown to get back onto 71. If it is nice sat I am working on my triple to get ready for next week.

4 days to go and it is looking like a beautiful weekend to ride. We have some route ideas thanks to lost18888 but no one has stepped up to be the ride "leader". Not sure we really need one but it would be nice to have someone to follow who knows the roads out that way.

Anyone willing to step up to make this ride even better than it already will be??

Saturday April 3rd @ Quaker Steak and Lube Valley View

12:00pm - 2:00pm Meet and great BS session and food

2:00pm.....roll out for a ride

4 days to go and it is looking like a beautiful weekend to ride. We have some route ideas thanks to lost18888 but no one has stepped up to be the ride "leader". Not sure we really need one but it would be nice to have someone to follow who knows the roads out that way.

Anyone willing to step up to make this ride even better than it already will be??

Saturday April 3rd @ Quaker Steak and Lube Valley View

12:00pm - 2:00pm Meet and great BS session and food

2:00pm.....roll out for a ride

Lost can't be a ride leader, he's a gimpy fool :D

I'll see you guys around noon.

I'm in, thanks Lost for posting this on the SVrider boards!

No problem.

Lost can't be a ride leader, he's a gimpy fool :D

I'll see you guys around noon.

I might do it. I just don't know the roads all that well in the Cuyahoga Valley area. I'll see if I can program the route in the GPS. If I can I'll be more confident with a group of riders following me and me leading them where we intend to go. Two other things. I don't know many of you guys so I worry about pace and and not pissing people off because I'm not a "master ride leader."

We'll see how many people show up and the mood of the group. If no one else steps up I'll do what I have to do.

We'll see how many people show up and the mood of the group. If no one else steps up I'll do what I have to do.

I am looking for a civilized pace as well. I will also try and load the route in my GPS. So that we are on the same page.....could you post a link to the route we are going to use again?

I'm assuming this is the one everyone wanted to do- http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=5935+Canal+Road,+Cleveland,+OH+44125-4231+(Quaker+Steak+%26+Lube)&daddr=Riverview+Rd+to:Unknown+road+to:Cleveland+Metro+Pkwy%2FMeadows+Dr+to:Cleveland+Metro+Pkwy%2FMeadows+Dr+to:Valley+Pkwy+to:Riverview+Rd+to:Boston+Mills+Rd+to:Main+St%2FW+Streetsboro+Rd+to:Everett+Rd+to:Oak+Hill+Rd+to:41.168963,-81.603012+to:W+Steels+Corners+Rd+to:100+Cuyahoga+Falls+Industrial+Pkwy,+Peninsula,+OH+44264+(State+8+Motorcycles)+to:Akron+Cleveland+Rd%2FState+Rd+to:Truxell+Rd+to:Main+St%2FW+Streetsboro+Rd+to:Olde+8+Rd+to:Boston+Mills+Rd+W+to:W+Hines+Hill+Rd+to:Brandywine+Rd+to:Riverview+Rd+to:Main+St%2FW+Streetsboro+Rd&geocode=FRbAdwIdkHsi-yGSQUbhTkykIikV9qUTQuQwiDHqjeNi1IxZRA%3BFfXzdgIdKt0i-w%3BFb5zdgIdkNQi-w%3BFX1gdgIdpJgi-w%3BFRQ3dgIdP74i-w%3BFQQ4dgIdbZ4i-w%3BFZwrdgIdqjEj-w%3BFZ-bdQId4pki-w%3BFaZLdQIdsIYj-w%3BFUC8dAId_CYj-w%3BFaCJdAIdWAIj-w%3B%3BFeBNdAIdAH4j-w%3BFb9xdAId01sk-yFIHRf7hPB51g%3BFefJdAIdboIk-w%3BFVz2dAIdqyUk-w%3BFTg_dQIdmNgj-w%3BFUF2dQIdWk8k-w%3BFQ-BdQIddd8j-w%3BFeK9dQIdhq0j-w%3BFYThdQId-dMj-w%3BFWihdQIdBncj-w%3BFSRLdQId9ZMj-w&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=11&sz=13&via=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21&dirflg=h&sll=41.194544,-81.585331&sspn=0.072594,0.127888&num=10&ie=UTF8&ll=41.255614,-81.581383&spn=0.145053,0.255775&t=h&z=12

If we were going north I wouldn't even bother with a map. Living here for over 30 yrs and landscaping in the area for 15 of them I know just about every road worth knowing. The only part of the map ^ I really don't know all that well is whats west of River view rd. Everything else I've been on many times just not yet this year.

Since this will only be my second ride of the season I won't be going fast. I'm more worried about people getting bored or pushing the group. That's why I was hoping to run clean up. Whatever though. We'll make it work.

So, I'm definitely meeting with the guys/girls on this side of town for the ride over to QSL but, I'll probably have to skip the ride from QSL. Having some scheduling difficulties. :( Oh, well I'll get out for a bit and meet you guy/girls. :D