Ohio riders track day at gingerman $100

STT-Guy

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys and Gals...

I also invited Toledo Sportbike Riders (TBSR)

We need about 75 total to break even and I dn;t think just OhioRiders alone can come up with 75 riders alone.

Your thoughts.....

have you considered inviting the junkies?

between the junkies and OR you guys could get 75 ppl.

There are actually two, sealer indeed from how they paved the track. It takes some getting used to but is nothing to be scared of!

thanks, i was a little concerned when i saw that. i think i will be making this day. have a few trackdays scheduled for april but my may is wide open.

There are actually two, sealer indeed from how they paved the track. It takes some getting used to but is nothing to be scared of!

:plus1:

It's really not that bad or in the way, besides in the double right hander I think turns 7 & 8 that section takes some getting used to but like tomato said nothing to freak out about. It's really nothing you run into the same thing at putnam in the turn 9 & 10 section.

:plus1:

It's really not that bad or in the way, besides in the double right hander I think turns 7 & 8 that section takes some getting used to but like tomato said nothing to freak out about. It's really nothing you run into the same thing at putnam in the turn 9 & 10 section.

Monte can chime in as I was thinking the changes would be by this time? Maybe it is June?

^ agree.

you just have to cross the seams with some purpose, and not stay on top of them.

I had the rear squirm on me once in turn 2, but the less you think about the seams, the less of a factor they are.

I know this will be irrelevant with the repave, but what kind of lap times are common for B, I, and A groups at Gingerman?

I'm a newb and have never been to a track, is it something you would recommend for more experienced riders, or are newbs welcome? Also, is this kinda like a sports bike only thing? I have a honda nighthawk 650 and I don't really think it's considered a sport bike...

Its a sportbike primarily. But KTM's are on the tracks so it varies. I'll let Brian or Monte make the call on whats usable.

As for doing it as something new. I would recommend anyone that can do it....DO IT. I learned a LOT more then I feel would have on the street alone. And you don't have to worry about all that debris in the road, that animal that jumps out in front of you etc.

The biggest thing you need is equipment. (Full Suit, Boots, Gloves and a good helmet) And all that combined can get pricey to say the least.

Its a sportbike primarily. But KTM's are on the tracks so it varies. I'll let Brian or Monte make the call on whats usable.

As for doing it as something new. I would recommend anyone that can do it....DO IT. I learned a LOT more then I feel would have on the street alone. And you don't have to worry about all that debris in the road, that animal that jumps out in front of you etc.

The biggest thing you need is equipment. (Full Suit, Boots, Gloves and a good helmet) And all that combined can get pricey to say the least.

QFT! I have a couple track days in my rear view mirror, and hope to be in aplace one day where the lion's share of my riding is done there. I learned more about my machine and the concept of my ability (and how to safely exceed it) by hitting the track. I will never be fast, but I always take some huge lesson learned from my track days, event he rainy one I had two seasons ago.