Ohio riders track day at gingerman $100

STT-Guy

I figure I'll be in bed by 11 (we do have to wake up by 7), so any drinking that goes down will be between 5 and 11. One beer an hour means 6 beers total.

the charts i found online say that puts me at about .12 BAC, and your liver removes .015 per hour.

I'll be sober well before 7AM, with 2 more hours before we ride. 2 gatorades before bed prevent a hangover, not that 6 beers would produce one anyway...

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the STT site:

Rider Gear Requirements: 1) Damage free BSI, DOT or SNELL full-face helmet with face shield. 2) Riding boots that fully cover the ankle. 3) Gauntlet style gloves with full wrist coverage. 4) One or two piece leathers. Two piece leather suits must zip together for Novice, Intermediate or Advanced groups. Ballistic nylon suits such as Joe Rocket, AeroStitch etc. are acceptable in the Novice and Intermediate Group provided they are either one piece or two piece that zip together with 50% zipper contact, reinforced and padded shoulders, elbows, hips, and knee areas. No chaps. 5) Advanced and Intermediate group riders are required to wear back protectors. Soft back pads sewn into suits are not enough. We sell Bohn and Knox back protectors at special STT member discounts. We can arrange to deliver your new back protector to you the day of your event or ship it to your home. We have a limited number of back protectors for rent at each event. 6) STT also asks that you consider the use of a chest protector.

I don't think rocky's will cut it. What size boots do you wear? I have some Icon riding boots size 11 you could borrow for the day. They aren't "race boots" but they are riding boots that fully cover the ankle.

I'm just getting into racing too and I know it can be expensive. I'm always up for helping out others. I'm borrowing a leather suit from someone myself.

Yeah I wouldn't wear those boots. I would say get some track boots or post up your size and maybe someone will have some you can borrow.

:plus1: or check out forums.13x.com you may be able to stumble on a super cheap pair there in the for sale section.

Or go to pony and buy some closeout boots.

+1 i got mine for $100 on closeout.

Saw the same pair (in yellow only) for $79 a few months later.

Last time I was at Gingerman, I pitted next to 3 guys who had yellow bikes, yellow leathers, yellow boots, etc.

I asked them why, and their response was "yellow gear is always on clearance."

why make this sport more expensive than it already is?

The boots I have are over the ankle but I just wasn't sure about the definition of riding boots. All the clearance boots I have seen at the pony are Harley style boots.

Ok dumb question #2 I've been reading online that I should use de-ionized water to flush my coolant and mix with my engine ice. Wtf is de ionized water where can I get it. I have well water here.

Motorcycle Requirements

6) Advanced and Intermediate group riders must use water, water wetter or a non-ethyl glycol based anti-freeze/coolant. Approved Poly Glycol brands are: Evans, 7th Gear, Liquid Performance, and Engine Ice. Automotive ethyl glycol based coolants are not allowed.

Regular coolant is allowed for Novice, but if you use Engine Ice....I don't believe you have to mix it with water, ust pour it in. I did this on a few bikes now, and all I did was just drain the regular coolant out and a quick flush with distilled water($1.75? at any grocery) and then filled it up with Engine Ice and did the air bleed process.

Edited by SJC1000rr

I thought if you were in the novice group there was no need to flush out your coolant. I better reread the requirements:).

I think Fasttrax is the only group i've ever ridden with that required water/water wetter.

some tracks don't allow antifreeze though.

honestly, there's a high probability that most of our bikes could use a coolant flush anyway... Refilling with distilled water costs you like $1.

between the low effort, and cheap cost, there's no reason to be "that guy" who pukes antifreeze onto the track and makes the rest of us miss track time while it's cleaned up.

Just checked the 10 day forecast, not looking good guys. But hey weather men aren't the best at their jobs.

Edited by cOoTeR

Will these boots work for the track day?

ironpony.com/ironponydirect/product.asp/ImageName/AKITO-MONZA-BOOT.jpg/Brand/AKITO/Class2/Footwear/Class3/Street%20Boots-Mens/Class1/STREET%20PRODUCTS

Dropped my leathers off to have the 360-degree zipper sewn into my jacket and stopped by Iron Pony to buy a proper back protector and a bar harness. I think I'm finally prepared for this track day :D

Dropped my leathers off to have the 360-degree zipper sewn into my jacket and stopped by Iron Pony to buy a proper back protector and a bar harness. I think I'm finally prepared for this track day :D

Did you get the canyon dancer 2 with the plastic ends on it? Also make sure you have atleast 2 tie downs so we can get your bike setup in steve's truck. We are still working on the ramp situation.

Did you get the canyon dancer 2 with the plastic ends on it? Also make sure you have atleast 2 tie downs so we can get your bike setup in steve's truck. We are still working on the ramp situation.

Yep, that's the one I got. I called him while I was buying it and he said we would be ok on tie-down straps so I didn't get any, but I can make another trip to the Pony to get them if it turns out we need them.

Not to derail the current conversation, but r1crusher and I were wondering about the lunch situation there, and decided to bring a Coleman Grill2Go with plenty of propane. So as the owner, I am offering up the use of it to anyone who decided to bring their own chow. We're doing simple hot dogs or burgers, but if you want to bring your own food and cook your own food, the use of my grill is free. He and I are both running in the novice class, so anyone running at the same time is welcome to come grub up when we do. If there are riders that are in the other classes and want to use it, get a hold of us sometime Sunday morning and you can come over to where we're set up.