Ohio riders track day at gingerman $100

STT-Guy

BIG QUESTION! does any one know FOR SURE! when the gates close on saturday night to let people in. We are driving up from columbus and we will no be able to leave until after Theresa gets off work at lik 3-4 so that will put us in earliest 10 latest hopefully 11pm.. i really dont want to drive all that way then have to sleep in our truck in some random parking lot, cuz we are not going to get a hotel lol. and im not driving 5-6 hrs in the morning then attempt to ride teh track exhausted !

THANKS in advance

p.s i prolly shoulda just sent a msg to Monty

I just got an email back from gingerman they said the gates will be open until 10pm on the 15th.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Me TwiztedRabbit (Jason) Intermediate

2. TwiztedRRgirl (Theresa) Intermediate

3. Dubguy (Andy) Intermediate

4. Kawasaki Guy (Josh) Intermediate

5. jbot (jinu) Int.

6. skrewloose (kevin) Adv.

7. e-flores (eber)-advanced

8. Rslocum(rob) trackday virgin

9. Hoblick (ryan) - Novice

10.SJC1000rr (Steve) - Intermediate

11. Harb67 (jareth) - Novice

12. YLODUC (My dad Dave) - Advanced

13. cOoTeR (martin)- Novice

14. Redkow (chris) - Intermediate

15. RVTPilot (Steve) - Novice

16. r1crusher (Kevin) - Novice

:D

soo... would the 2 advanced guys be willing to ride "I" group passing rules and have 30 minute sessions all day??

I can dream, right?

I invited a couple of other novices who may or may not have actually registered. They were supposed to contact STT about suit rental last week.

we did 30 min sessions at grattan during this past sunday, and it was fantastic. it's just the right amount of track time, imo.

Depending on the track.. I get so tired :) .. 20 is good for me.. If i get lazy then i start making stupid mistakes...

My dad and I still haven't actually Paid.. But we're in.. Maybe I should pay :) lol... Or A few I guys could bump up to A... But as far as i know this isn't just a "closed" OR event.

it's not "closed," but it's also not advertised on their site.

Monte had posted to "spread the word," so I did. It may have only yielded a couple of spectators, maybe another rider or two.

In any case, 30 minute sessions is more riding than my legs can handle, but it makes it easier to get open track for sure. I like to either go out for 12 minutes, rest for 8 and then go back out for 10, or just chill teh first 5 minutes of the session, head out for the middle, and roll in a few minutes early.

I'm sure STT will make a judgment call the morning of the event - I've been to events before where 30 minute sessions were possible, but the coaches just need a break. If there are always "I" or "B" guys on the track, the coaches may never get 20 minutes to rest.

i'm sure we'll have tons of open track no matter what happens.

the last time i was looking over the STT schedule for may, it was there, but you had to call to sign up.

maybe it's not there anymore? maybe i was smoking some good shit. nobody knows

Well super bad news boys and girls, it doesn't look like I will be making this one now. A group I play with just landed a gig in Nashville that Saturday night. And it's kinda a big deal, we will feature in a showcase in front of a few different record lables and we will be getting paid a good amount of $'s as well. So it looks like I am out for now.

But good/bad news is Nashville is in a flood situation right now and our show is on stand by at the moment.... But it's more than likelly tht this is going to happen... :(

Well had to go ahead and register for it as they are selling out. Novice and intermediate is sold out as of noon when I talked to them, only class with openings is advance then. For those of you that are looking for novice or advance spots I would reccommend putting up a WTB thread on the STT forum asap. Hope to see alot of you guys up there or at Grattan on the 14th.

Well had to go ahead and register for it as they are selling out. Novice and intermediate is sold out as of noon when I talked to them, only class with openings is advance then. For those of you that are looking for novice or advance spots I would reccommend putting up a WTB thread on the STT forum asap. Hope to see alot of you guys up there or at Grattan on the 14th.

Sold out for Grattan or gingerman?