Ride Mandates&Rules for Group rides this year!

flounder

Well, I have been street riding for 30 some years, Ridden most if not all of the asphalt roads in southern ohio and west virginia.

I have a pretty tight group of friends. To me the quality of friend is more important that quantity. I would rather have 5 really close friends that 20 acquaintances.

While I am entertained by the party pictures posted, of the drunken silliness. I would rather throw some pork on the smoker, have some bourbon and cigars for an evening of good food, drink and conversation.

Wow, you are soooo classy.

bottomtooth.jpg

Did we not all agree that egos play a huge role in group rides? So' date=' it's safe to say that a rider with a less-than-used tire could potentially be in over his head in a matter of seconds. It's not that the rider can't ride, but rather the rider is not used to roads that go this way, that way and then this way, again.

Also, chicken strips have very little to do with riding ability. I was talking about wear vs age. If your tires are as old as my grandfather then you, obviously, don't have a lot of mileage under your ass. If they have a giant flat spot down the center then you, obviously, don't spend too much time leaning side to side. If they have giant dry-rot cracks you, obviously, don't do much of anything except not ride that damn bike. Or, you ride a lot and just choose to put yourself, and others, in jeopardy by running on shitty equipment.

Then again, we could be talking about completely different group riding styles. I haven't ridden with many of the people on this forum. I only know what I know from riding with my group. [b']I also know my group like I know the hair on my Balls.

Fixed it. We all saw that pic two(2) many times:eek:

The tire tread trick is not always accurate. On one hand if you are getting off of your bike it is possible to leave a nice wide chicken strip and still keep pace with a fast group. On the other hand I have ridden with riders who have no chicken strips at all who should ride in the back of any group ride that doesn't include cruisers.

+1

I was able to make one OR ride last year. There were 6 of us I think, would have had one more but someone cough, Recon Rat, had a nail in a tire. Max Power was in lead because he knew the roads to where we going. I was at the back of the more experienced riders, with Jagr pulling sweep with Moose being on his cruiser. I think I told everyone before hand I was inexperienced and agreed we would stop every so often to make sure everyone was there. I also said I wouldn't ride past by abilities. The group was very understanding and very accommodating. All in all I think it was a very safe but very fun ride.

If ground rules like that are set before hand, there should be hardly any issues on the ride.

you were with a good group of gents right there! perfect for a learning experience.

The rules are going to vary with the situation. Larger rides, might want to split into smaller groups, faster riders, and newberific rider separated, with some fasters helping out with the newberifics.

I can see where on some smaller groups, 1 or 2 newberifics could be asked to leave if they ride dagerously, without others to make a newberific group.

Anyone follow what I mean?

the ride we had for that poker run we went on was smoooooth. no problems at all! i follow you.

Agreed.

cleave how many rides have we been on group wise........ prob to many to count at this point.......... would you say egos at the door, have fun, and ready to learn something new was pretty much everyones attitude?

So, who's bringing the Popsicle's this year?

i forgot about sending that thank you card :(

getting ready to go to a stripper party!

interesting :lol:

Ok so here's the deal. I already see all the threads popping up about cornering, tires, suspension, spirited rides, how do I xxxxx, etc and I have to vent about a few things before the season starts. And yes these are in order!!!!

1. GROUP RODE RIDES ARE NOT THE PLACE TO HAVE A D1CK MEASURING CONTEST TO SEE WHO THE FASTER RIDER IS!!!

2. Less experienced riders need to be in the front or else they always try and play keep up and end up crashing, or rear ending people in front of them. (Get this through your phucking heads people. Im sick of everyone always putting the less experienced people in the back on the group rides.)

3. Asking for riding tips on here is ok but remember, there are allot of opinions and opinions are like assholes and they all stink. What works for someone with more experience wont exactly work for you. Best advice you will get is to read "Twist of the Wrist" cover to cover 3times and practice those techniques on your day to day rides.

4. The track is the only place where you can truly and safely learn to ride controlled and fast and the $170 you spend on the track day will get you more experience then the $500 you spend in gas riding through the country roads trying to showoff to your friends.

5. If you crash your bike being a dumbass doing 1 of the above and ask me to haul your balled up pos bike in the bed of my truck since you have a ford festiva, I think im gonna charge people this year... Same thing for helping you rebuild...

And last but not least and actually probably the most important thus 1.1 is:

#1.1 If you are being a dumbass and you crash me, someone I care about, or a friend of mine, Your bike and your crash injury's will fail in comparison to what I do to you..

The season is upon us people and we have enough problems with cages not seeing us.. Be smart and safe this year.

And the Lord said.....

moses-ten-commandments.jpg

Funny thing is..... 2 years on here, and I didn't even know you had a bike

cleave how many rides have we been on group wise........ prob to many to count at this point.......... would you say egos at the door, have fun, and ready to learn something new was pretty much everyones attitude?

Yeah that's generally the way it is on all the rides we've been on. It's all about your attitude. If someone goes into a group ride knowing that there are going to be people that are faster than them and that they could learn something from those people if they just sit back and watch rather than trying to ride over their heads, things generally work out.