CCW while riding?

chevysoldier

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The law when riding was not very clear, so I did not carry until the laws changed last year.

I just carry like I normally would, the glock is not going to fire unless someone fires it.

What wasn't clear about it?

depends how long the ride is.... 90% of the time I use my kholster at 4 oclock.... 3 if I have a passenger.

The other 10% it's a shoulder harness

Didn't even think about a shoulder harness. That might be the way to go. I also worry about my jacket coming up and exposing it while I ride. Don't want to draw unwanted attention from either civilians or LE.

I just cant do it because thinking about that thing smashing into me in a wreck scares me!

I've been thinking the same think about crashing but then what's the point of not carrying? I mean bad stuff can happen anywhere, I don't want to need and not have.

Backpack

I hate wearing one while I ride.

i carry it like i do everyday. IWB behind the hip. never leave it behind.

Oh I plan on carrying it, just wondered what other peoples experiences and recommendations on how to were.

I carry a lot while riding. With the trigger guard completely covered in the holster I don't really worry about it going off during a wreck.

I'm not afraid of it going off, just landing on the thing, that could really hurt.

I'm always afraid that it will vibrate out of my IWB, so I usually put it in my jacket pocket in the IWB holster. I then try to hit a restroom and put it in my pants if I stop. I don't carry very often when I ride because the destination usually involves work or eats (with liquor licenses).