Ohio Riders Beta Site

Casper

The Ohio Riders beta site has gone through a few improvements to boost it's speed. I'm happy to say I've sped it up 22%. This was the last step before going live with it. So, take a look at the site, play around with it, and tell me if you find any bugs or notice anything wrong. Also, make any suggestions you'd like. I'm hoping to make the final changes this week and go live.

http://dev.ohio-riders.com/

Just to give you an idea, in YSlow the current site receives an overall performance score of 77 which is a "Grade C". The new site started out the same, but now has an overall performance score of 94, which is a "Grade A".

For those of you who are going to inevitably test it for yourselves, use the YSlow(v2) ruleset, but uncheck "Use a CDN" and "Configure ETags". Neither really apply to this site. Make sure all the other tests are checked.

Will our friends lists, PMs and visitor's messages transfer over to the new site?

Everything will be migrated over. The beta site is a snapshot from a few months ago. When I go live with it, I'll migrate everything over up to the minute.

Casper hits this button.

selfdestruct.jpg

Just on you.

What's rep?

Looking forward to the new site. Will our friends lists, PMs and visitor's messages transfer over to the new site?

No, he's gonna nuke it all and start over. [/sarcasm]

If you look over there, your friends list is there, but it is not updated from the time he transferred everything over there. I'm sure he will take the site down, transfer it all, then bring it back online with everything just as it is, but on the new site.

dont like it...looks like buckeye stangs...it looks too generic, not that my opinion is gonna matter lol...ill miss this site :(, the new ones gonna be crappy

Don't sell yourself too short, Casper tends to take opinions and digest them... unless of course he's just fucking sick of dealing with all the bitching/whining/commenting on something *cough*rep*cough*

dont like it...looks like buckeye stangs...it looks too generic, not that my opinion is gonna matter lol...ill miss this site :(, the new ones gonna be crappy

How do you figure it looks like Buckeye Stangs? :lol:

http://www.buckeyestangs.com/vb/forum.php

The only thing in common is they're both using vb4. They're using a generic off the shelve style. I'm using one I've made myself. LOL

What exactly don't you like? It's just a software upgrade with a newer style. Why is it crappy?

instead of "rep" can we have a system of "crap"? so instead of being falsely lauded for posts, there is only punishment. for instance, this post would earn me a lot of crap.

for serials, i think it looks nice and neat. the thing i like best about this version is how fast it is, but i'm sure the new version will be just as fast soon enough.

if we were to make requests, the only thing i'd request is:

instead of having to link to a photo in the album or flickr or random website, would it be possible to post a pic uploaded from my comp while posting? i know it's not terribly difficult now, since all it takes is: open a new tab in the browser, upload the photo to flickr/whatever and paste the link, but i thought it couldn't hurt to ask. the current system works just fine for me, as evidenced by my endless courage wolf pics.