Always assume they don't see you.

Xyloft

I've always assumed drivers dont see me and i think that's kept me out of trouble. I've had some o shit moments on a bike before, but nothing like yesterday:

While riding at 40 (speedo read) in a 35 this car decides to turn left in front of me from the oncoming lane. I was in the left most MC line. I grabbed a handful of front brake (way to much), which locked the front tire causing the rear tire to come up what felt like 2-3 ft. ~~~~

at this point i had one of those slow motion things. I conciously let go of the brake so i could regain control and not flip over the bike. my rear tire slammed onto the ground behind the car (i'm pretty sure was oblivious to me) - whose rear bumper ended up about 3 ft driectly to my right. if i had been in the center line or the right line i would have t-boned her. ~~~~

after a little wiggle I regained full ballance, and I realised I was still riding, and drove about 20mph for a few seconds trying to determine if i should pull over to collect myself.

I'm really glad that 3 years ago when i took the MSF we practiced emergency stops. yesterday was an eye opener that I deffinately need to practice a bit more on this bike as these brakes are a LOT more powerful.

Please watch out for cagers, as they're not going to watch out for you.

on the bright side, I just did my first and hopefully my last stunt ever: a stopy :banana: I can laugh about it today, yesterday not so much.

Plus that. My last close shave was some dummy in an SUV trying to turn across two lanes in front of me on the strip in Cocoa Beach. He had a signal on but was not checking his rear view mirror. Uh-oh here comes. Front & rear brakes & horn applied simultaneously. "Ride like you are invisible"

I had a couple in a BMW almost hit me a couple weeks ago.

I was on 670 just east of Clev Ave. when they decided to switch lanes with out signaling or looking. Then they were all pissed that I was in the lane and started flipping me off???

Now, you iz a stuntah!!!!

correction I waz a stuntah. not planning on doing it again :)

I can't remember if I felt weightless or not, all i can remember was the sound of the skidding front tire and the "omg this is it" feeling.

lol, I remember following a friend after work (him in his car) he stopped at a yellow I was expecting him to go through it... I hit an oil patch and locked the front and back tires.... I skidded for what felt for 100 feet...

That was the longest stop ever

I just did my first and hopefully my last stunt ever: a stopy :banana: I can laugh about it today, yesterday not so much.

Congrats on the stoppy, now don't do that shit no more :p, glad you're ok.