When does a bike need a new chain?

CBRunninfast

Buy a front steel' date=' a rear steel and a quality 'O' or 'X' ring chain.

[/quote']

I may regret this but I agree with IP here. The aftermarket O/X chains are WAY better than the OEM's.

I may regret this but I agree with IP here. The aftermarket O/X chains are WAY better than the OEM's.

No regrets. If someones going to argue with you on this their advise is poop. Poop I say. If they want to argue the necessity that's another thing. Alot depends on how you ride, maintain and how much you ride. But that's another thing in itself.

An OEM chain is an aftermarket chain. Honda doesn't manufacture chains or sprockets.

Makes since. IS an OEM chain a lower quality chain because they don't seem to last a long and stretch more than a x ring chain?

Makes since. IS an OEM chain a lower quality chain because they don't seem to last a long and stretch more than a x ring chain?

oems tend to be DIDs, RKs, or EKs but they're typically the bottom end o-ring offering.

Couple that with the fact that the OEM price at the dealer is typically higher than the same brand's own top end x-ring.

Edited by Zach

Way to be a dick... How the hell is he supposed to know if he doesn't ask :rolleyes:

Sorry we aren't all knowing like u ..

I have no patience for that crap.. A new guy on the board is asking for help, and you have to be an ass... typical.

It's not about being "all knowing". Dont buy the shit if you dont know when/how to maintain it.;)

It's not about being "all knowing". Dont buy the shit if you dont know when/how to maintain it.;)

I bought mine with knowing very little about motorcycles and between this website and my Dad I've learned a shit ton over the last 8 months or so :) But I am a hands on learner so its a lot easier to learn things with the bike in front of me and doing it myself with some direction

on the flip side I know what you mean by buying things without knowing the in's and out's of stuff. Guess it really depends on a person by person basie

If your statement above is true there's a hell of a lot of things we should never buy.

You just like to bust balls.

• 2 weeks later...