Sunday 5/23 Vagina Mash/Ride

InyaAzz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?

Stability when dealing with road imperfections. Bumps....holes..the XB frame doesn't give you much to work with when it comes to forgiving anything other than a smooth road. The short base is great for throwing it into a corner...but two rides out with it and I'm finding I'm not sure I like that aspect of it as much as I thought I did. Gravel and tar snakes seem to affect me more on the XB than the other ZX's I've owned. Disregard the Honda owner below.

After the entertainment portion of our ride is over and we are just commuting back home he doesn't like to be left behind by the 1Ks like he is riding a scooter.

The guys also now know why I made this post about that crazy 15 mph decreasing radius curve on 536.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=29234

This...by far...is the most dangerous corner I have ever come across. Even riding it at the speed limit puckered my shorts...and I knew it was coming.

Stability when dealing with road imperfections. Bumps....holes..the XB frame doesn't give you much to work with when it comes to forgiving anything other than a smooth road. The short base is great for throwing it into a corner...but two rides out with it and I'm finding I'm not sure I like that aspect of it as much as I thought I did. Gravel and tar snakes seem to affect me more on the XB than the other ZX's I've owned.

XB's are VERY sensitive to suspension setup because of the short wheelbase. It takes a few tries, but when it's right you'll know it. From what you say, I would soften the compression by 1/4 turn and maybe reduce rear preload by a click.

Budell, I bet Tony can help you with suspension setting to fix your problems. That bike can do the things you don't currently like about it well; I have seen it done with more than one XB.

Sure. When setup right it's one of the best handling bikes around. When off they can be fidgety and twitchy.

Budell, I bet Tony can help you with suspension setting to fix your problems. That bike can do the things you don't currently like about it well; I have seen it done with more than one XB.
XB's are VERY sensitive to suspension setup because of the short wheelbase. It takes a few tries, but when it's right you'll know it. From what you say, I would soften the compression by 1/4 turn and maybe reduce rear preload by a click.

Sure. When setup right it's one of the best handling bikes around. When off they can be fidgety and twitchy.

I'll give it a shot.

Fidgety and twitchy ..fuck yes. When I hit some gravel in a few corners on 536 I thought I was going to end up sliding into the top of a tree. On the way back home, that long patch of gravel (forgot which highway) just about put me down for the count...and I didn't come close to hitting the worst of it.