tire size question

magley64

Stock front is a 120 70 17

stock rear is 180 55 17

iron pony has a set of PDS 180/55/17 and 120/60/17 on closeout

would I even notice a difference between a 120/60 vs a 120/70?

speedo runs off transmission, so no issue there.

yes

The 60 has a lower profile. It would marginally drop the front end, which reduces rake and trail, and make the steering more sensitive. It could result in a twitchy, less stable front end.

I'm not familiar with the 1100xx, so not sure how much it would impact that particular bike.

Edited by Tpoppa

the overall shape would be flatter due to a shorter tire having to "stretch" outward more to seat on the bead. Then the rake and trail change as already mentioned. The change may seem small but small changes make big differences with the handling.

I went from a 60 to a 70 on my bike. It fell into corners a bit better. I like the feel of the 70 more, but if I got a set of PDS for a good discount I'd put 'em on without question.

^^^^ this is an absolute truth....ditto....

Magz, you can keep that one for longhauls on highway though.....

That is a big heavy bike with no front end adjustments. I would stay away from the swap because you need as much of a contact patch as you can get with the big old bird especially since you have no adjustments to correct the handling issues it will give you.