how'd you pay for your bike?

redkow97

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loan through Triumph, only because it was a .9% interest loan. Cost me a whole $400 and change if I keep the loan for the whole 48 months. Making my last payment this week, 6 months ahead of schedule.

Pretty much the same as everything that's been said. Cash for toys.

All my powersports toys have been used a couple years old from private sellers. Although brand new $5000 1125Rs and $6500 ZX6Rs were tempting this past year. If something had 1.9% financing like my truck did I'd just leave the money in the bank.

Nice.... point nine is not very typical for a bike loan' date=' is it?[/quote']

No it's not. It was an end of model year promo and I got free hardbags to boot. The sales guy at Hinds was pushing me to a 7.9% loan through Polaris and I said let's try the Triumph loan. He just about shit when I got approved. Good credit does pay.

cash, never had a credit card or a loan.

you might want to consider creating some kind of credit history for yourself.

I've had a credit card since I was 19 or 20, but literally didn't use it for the first 2 or 3 years I had it. I've got 2 cards now, and have never paid interest on either. I called to have them LOWER my limit last year, because I didn't want $20k in potential debt, but that's a better problem to have than no credit history.

I did have a 60 month car loan that I paid off in about 18 months, too.

That really helped when the wife (then the girlfriend) and I applied for our mortgage. Through all three rating agencies, BOTH of us had credit scores between 790 and 820.

they approved us for roughly triple what we could afford. Go banking industry!

Are a lot more people buying and financing through dealers than i realize, or does everyone make that much more money than me? :-p

Never finance a bike through the dealer unless you are getting a .9% interest rate like was mentioned before.

I bought a handful of bikes when I was young for cash because I didnt have any credit.

Financed my first quad to build my credit rating after not paying on my school loan for the first year I was out. Paid off the school loan early, but my credit was still in the shitter. 3 year loan, doubled payments and paid off in a year and a half.

I financed my Katana for cheap and paid off early to build my credit even further. Did the same with the Vmax. Current bike was cash. Never paid more than 7% interest.

Motorcycles and wise credit use are the reason that I have an 800+ credit score. ;)

It's my car, now and back in CA. It's kinda hard to pull $13k out of thin air for an FJR. However, I did refinance through my credit union and drop interest to 7%. Can't argue with that, and I'm at least several months ahead of schedule.

Glad I did though, that bike is still one of the best things that ever happened to me.

i traded my high quality hooker and some uncut blow......no seriously paid cash for everybike i had except my latest 1000rr....paid it off after one year of payments tho....who wants a SUMO!!!!! i HAVE ONE!