Last minute ..quick romp Saturday 8-14-10

InyaAzz

"If you're not prepared to do 70mph in the straights, this might not be the ride for you."

Translation: Prepare to pass cagers doing 90mph, in the least and also be willing to open the throttle on blind hills and turns.

We're all adults, and everyone has to ride their own ride. There were no problems up until this point and the rider said she was doing great until this point. She will have to sort out what she did wrong (with help). No one was forced to come along, and while on the ride everyone has the option of bailing out if they so choose. As far as blind hills and turns goes, I don't have the balls to let it rip. I always slow down until I can see what's on the other side. Other riders have skill way beyond mine and they are comfortable with that. If someone comes on a ride and thinks they are obligated to do that, they are an idiot and should of stayed home. This rider was not in that category. Everyone makes mistakes. Hopefully when you're on 2, you can walk away from it and learn. I did something stupid on rt 60 and totaled my bike. I wasn't able to walk away (only because the stupid muscle and flesh on my leg wasn't attached to anything at the moment) but I learned from what happened. Hell...I was the lead bike when it happened!

This accident is in no way indicative of OR rides. It was a mistake by a fairly new rider.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres some parts there I'd like to have. So what happened?

I'll let you know. The bike was tracked a lot...had lots of nice bits on it. It will be sorely missed.

Hey I like street fighters. bet it is 20 pounds lighter minus the front and rear ends? We were not riding that hard yesterday. Sometimes shit just happens I guess.

We weren't riding hard at all...and like you said, shit happens. Sometimes we create the shit, sometimes the shit is given to us.

I'm very happy to hear that the rider is o.k.,or will be after a few days of walking like a mummy.;)Been there,done that.

Now,make something possitive out of it.When I crashed and totalled my bike in '03 I knew I didn't want to stop riding,so I went on a mission to be a better rider.I read a bunch of books on riding,attended safety schools and mentally prepare myself everytime I ride.

I'm betting that this incident will make this rider a better rider.Good luck,and best wishes on a speedy recovery.

BTW,if you(the downed rider) want a free copy of David Hough's "Proficient Motorcycling" just send me a pm.That book saved my a$$ on a couple ocasions.

Edited by drc32-0

Well fuck a duck,, Brain called me yesterday after he went past, I tried to call Tod but he didnt answer an I dont have Udells number for some gay reason. Glad she is alright, sounds like it was the hard up hill left turn if coming to coshocton.

Sorry about not answering Adam, you should have left a message especially when it was that important, I would have been glad to help in any way possible. I had a friend from high school staying with me and we were talking with some other friends when you called because it was a reunion weekend. Udell did text me some time later & I offered to go get her & the bike with my trailer.

I hope this doesn't discourage her, she seemed like she wanted to learn how to ride.

90 MPH passing cars, up blind hills, doing wheelies......... that sounds just like that bunch, bad news all of them. You should have asked me about riding with them I would have told you to stay away, no good could come of it.

90 MPH passing cars, up blind hills, doing wheelies......... that sounds just like that bunch, bad news all of them. You should have asked me about riding with them I would have told you to stay away, no good could come of it.

Sounds like an awesome time to me. :)

They make me do that when I'm showing chord! Dicks. :D

She's already ready to get back on it. I might lower mine a few inches just so she can get on the pony around town. I'm making her analyze the whole incident...so she doesn't do it again. She's a trooper...and will be back.

And LOL at the $100 comments. Damn vultures.

I'm not sure I understand this statement. I'm not taking away a few inches for anyone, my pony is a full size ride.
It's only temporary. She's too short to ride my pony safely. Take that how you want to.
My horse is a full size ride, a pony is a pony no matter how you try to sell it.

and people wonder why this is the best forum ever. I am literally in tears laughing at the turn this took :bow: