Knives! What do you have?

chevysoldier

A cheap-o $20 S&W that I bought on the Mac truck (when we had one coming around) and before that I have a Kershaw (actually 2 of them that I rotated in and out of service) that never seemed to hold an edge. I really need to work on them.

Thought I'd share a positive customer service experience I just had with Taylor Cutlery, knife subsidiary of S&W...

Pocket clip broke off an older knife of mine several years ago, & I've never gotten around to calling for a replacement. Finally did today. Even though the knife is probably 4-5 years old... They didn't even ask. All they wanted was the model # & asked if the screws were OK still, or if I needed those too. They're shipping a replacement clip out to me free of charge :bow:

Kershaw did the same thing several years ago

Taylor's # in case any of you need replacement parts...

Edited by Fonzie

I have picked up knives in a lot of different places over the years. In pawn shops, ebay, junk shops, yard sales and even while on vacation. This link shows a lot of them I have now. The good thing about collecting knives is that it doesn't take up very much space.

http://www.pbase.com/dstegjas/knives

Jim

I have picked up knives in a lot of different places over the years. In pawn shops, ebay, junk shops, yard sales and even while on vacation. This link shows a lot of them I have now. The good thing about collecting knives is that it doesn't take up very much space.

http://www.pbase.com/dstegjas/knives

Jim

You wouldn't be interested in maybe selling the bayonet someday would ya? :D I collect bayonets. Only have a few now though. I'll have to get a pic of them.

Sorry Josh, I rarely sell any of the knives. If it's any help to you, I picked this one up on ebay for $10. So there are a few deals out there to be found. Very nice collection you have so far.

Jim

I didn't think so but thought I'd ask. I'll have to check ebay out, never really looked at bayonets on there.

Nice 1913 model sword bayonet. I have one of them and also a 1907 bayonet. I have the older British style scabbards for both of mine, Cool to see you have the US style with the metal clips.

Thanks. It's actually a M-1917 though which is just a slightly modified 1913. It was my grandpa's. He always had it hanging above the fireplace. It's in really nice shape and still sharp.

I like yours. I do want to get a British 1913 model someday as well as a British model restamped by the US.

The second one from the bottom is an Iraqi bayonet I bought while I was over there. The other two I'm not really sure about yet. I need to research them.

Just wondering what everyone has for pack knife I am looking for a ka bar style knife for my b.o.b. I have a cheap survival knife right now. Looking for a better one..

I keep the KA-BAR and the one to the left of it in my BOB. The Cobalt I just got yesterday and haven't decided it's place yet.

2ds0cqv.jpg

Nice 1913 model sword bayonet. I have one of them and also a 1907 bayonet. I have the older British style scabbards for both of mine, Cool to see you have the US style with the metal clips.

IMG_2547.jpg

Just did a quick search and found out the second from the top is a German WWII bayonet.

I have four CRKT knobs in various sizes all folders, a smith and wesson fixed blade (surprisingly nice knife) and I have a masters of defense folding switchblade that my stepbrother gave me for the deployment that didn't happen. I like all of the knives I have and I have a use for most of them.

• Upvote 2

I have four CRKT knobs in various sizes all folders, a smith and wesson fixed blade (surprisingly nice knife) and I have a masters of defense folding switchblade that my stepbrother gave me for the deployment that didn't happen. I like all of the knives I have and I have a use for most of them.

Hey! He does live! :lol:

Thanks. It's actually a M-1917 though which is just a slightly modified 1913. It was my grandpa's. He always had it hanging above the fireplace. It's in really nice shape and still sharp.

I like yours. I do want to get a British 1913 model someday as well as a British model restamped by the US.

The second one from the bottom is an Iraqi bayonet I bought while I was over there. The other two I'm not really sure about yet. I need to research them.

My 1913 is a Remington manufacture that was made in 1917 and already had the later modifications to it and fits the US made shotguns and M1917 rifle. What you need to complete the collection is the rifles they go on also. :D

IMG_2544.jpg

My 1913 is a Remington manufacture that was made in 1917 and already had the later modifications to it and fits the US made shotguns and M1917 rifle. What you need to complete the collection is the rifles they go on also. :D

IMG_2544.jpg

ahh, that's sweet!