Has anybody actually sold a motorcycle lately?

TSB67

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sold my 600rr pretty quick in the spring. It was priced reasonably I would say, had a lot of interest in it.

My 636 has gotten little interest but I absolutely had/have it priced optimistically. Reason being is I have really started to like it since buying it so probably would only let it go for that price at this point to pick up an 08 600RR or R6

Sold my Vmax pretty easy in the spring. Not having much luck on the Raptor 80 though.

CL is getting tough because nearly every bike in Ohio is being advertised on it now and you kind of get lost in the fray real easily. If you post a bike @ 5pm now its off the first page by 6:30.

The market is flooded.

Sold my Vmax pretty easy in the spring. Not having much luck on the Raptor 80 though.

CL is getting tough because nearly every bike in Ohio is being advertised on it now and you kind of get lost in the fray real easily. If you post a bike @ 5pm now its off the first page by 6:30.

The market is flooded.

And as the end of the season approaches, it's only going to get worse. I think it's especially early this year due to the economy, the enthusiasm people had at the beginning wore off quick as finances tightened.

My wife and I had this discussion this year after someone showed up to buy our couch and paid what we posted, a very fair price. Men want to post high and then deal. Women want to get rid of shit (of course I'm generalizing). So we have to ask ourselves ... "are wanting to profit or are we wanting to sell?" Price it low and it will sell. Very rarely does one profit in the resale environment. Glws!

Edit: My comments are not directed at anyone who posted to this thread. Craigslist in general .

Edited by C-bus

Had mine listed for a while and nobody had the cash. Ended up doing an even trade which worked out well, but now I hear the other guy just got an audit form from the state because we listed the sale price as $0 on the registration paperwork. (Well we're not lying!) It's probably only a matter of time before I get one too.

I'm having a hard enough time selling leathers and tires, I'm not even going to try to sell a bike for a while.