Screw Honda Northwest!!!

Putty

I will not support Honda Northwest all because of this thread.  

24 members have voted

1. 1. I will not support Honda Northwest all because of this thread.

• Yes. I will support them
    • No. I will NOT support them
    • I will NOT shop at HNW, but not exclusivley because of this thread
    • This thread does not change my prior opinion about HNW

I took just a rim in there with 2.....two screws in the rotor that needed to be removed. They had so much loctite I could not get them out. SOBs looked at it and goes "you got any cash on you....a job like this will cost $10". I simply said "you guys are out of your mind, give it back....I'll take to Motorsports to have done". He goes " I am sure it'll be more there"....I took to MS and it was FREE for two minutes of work. Fuck them...never stepping foot in that store AGAIN...!!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next time just heat it up a little and those screws will come right out. That is some bullshit tho. Assholes.

Good to know cause the rim was ice cold.

i think you should go use some mightyputty on them...

:bigfinger:

I took just a rim in there with 2.....two screws in the rotor that needed to be removed. They had so much loctite I could not get them out. SOBs looked at it and goes "you got any cash on you....a job like this will cost $10". I simply said "you guys are out of your mind, give it back....I'll take to Motorsports to have done". He goes " I am sure it'll be more there"....I took to MS and it was FREE for two minutes of work. Fuck them...never stepping foot in that store AGAIN...!!

Well, I'm going to say somethings in defense of them. Nobody go and get their panties in a twist...

First, you bought your bike from Motorsports. Its closer to your house than Honda Northwest. So why did you take it all the way over there?

Second, we all know several people at Motorsports. That with the fact you bought your bike there, I can understand how they did it for free.

Third, you took something to a shop to have done because you couldn't do it, and you got upset they wanted to charge you $10?

Fourth, you should've just called me. We could've got it out with no problems. PB Blaster is your best friend.

Third, you took something to a shop to have done because you couldn't do it, and you got upset they wanted to charge you $10?

I agree with everything but this. It isnt the $10 that is the problem. The point is that EVERY good business that knows that it is going to be something so simple like this should have done it for FREE. They know it isnt going to take hardly any time to do and they would be building good relations with potential customers down the road. The goal of Honda Northwest should be to build relationships with their customers so that they have repeat customers. Somebody dropped the ball on this one. If Ty from Honda Northwest hears about this he should find out who f*cked up and rip him a new one IMO.

But fire is more fun when working in a garage attached to your friends house! :D

:lol:

Also when it is right under your own bedroom and the master.

You know fire melts the garage doors escapes out the front then works it's way back through the house...

It can also melt motorcycles down to the engine. Cruisers can withstand more and only melt down to frame and motor.

Though if you powdercoat something it also can withstand more.

Well, I'm going to say somethings in defense of them. Nobody go and get their panties in a twist...

First, you bought your bike from Motorsports. Its closer to your house than Honda Northwest. So why did you take it all the way over there?

Second, we all know several people at Motorsports. That with the fact you bought your bike there, I can understand how they did it for free.

Fourth, you should've just called me. We could've got it out with no problems. PB Blaster is your best friend.

1. I go in there all the time....I am good friends with Tom from his Hinds days and friends with Mike from his Classic Cycles days. I also get all my Wayne passes to ride dirt there...I work close...Iron Pony for that now.

2. MS did it for free cause they are not the business of ripping people off. $10 to remove screws is a ripoff and I dont care who you are.

3. Yes, I am upset...I handed him a wheel and it would have taken literally two minutes to use a stronger impact wrench to remove them.

The shop is shit...Never going back and never telling anyone they even exist. PISS OFF HONDA NORTHWEST

I agree with everything but this. It isnt the $10 that is the problem. The point is that EVERY good business that knows that it is going to be something so simple like this should have done it for FREE. They know it isnt going to take hardly any time to do and they would be building good relations with potential customers down the road. The goal of Honda Northwest should be to build relationships with their customers so that they have repeat customers. Somebody dropped the ball on this one. If Ty from Honda Northwest hears about this he should find out who f*cked up and rip him a new one IMO.

Build relationships??? Guy buys a bike at a shop closer to his house and doesn't take it to them for service?? How's THAT for building relationships...?

What some people don't stop and think about is a few things on the side of the dealer...

1) They got a rim that had two rotor bolts left in it. Rotor bolts are, in fact held in with Loctite and should be. Now, anyone with any mechanical ability knows if it gets stuck and won't budge, you simply apply a light amount of heat and PRESTO!! It comes free... Now, said dealer gets the rim, hears the bolts are seized up and the customer cannot get them loose.

Dealer looks at it and sees it SHOULD take a few minutes. Should... Now, if it is, in fact frozen solid and wallows out the head of the bolt, they need to apply more than a few minutes of work, etc., they evaluate the worst case scenario - $10. They probably charge $80 per hour... So, 10 minutes isn't out of the norm to suspect it could take that long...

2) Ever been in ANY business that does shit for free to all their customers? Where does it stop? Do they give free 5 minute repairs to everyone that comes in? Maybe just 25 people? 10? Where's the line drawn? I worked in a shop for over 6 years. We did a LOT of free work to customers who bought their bikes FROM US. This guy didn't.

Now, add up all these "relationship" building customers that come in for only small things they shouldn't even be doing in the first place and you'd be amazed at how many walk through that door. I bet on average, there's probably 100 a month in similar situations... Let's say 1000 per year. $10k is a good bit of lost business, no?

3) Walk into your local grocery store you've shopped for YEARS. supported them to the end. Ever ask them for a few gallons of milk for free since you forgot your wallet? Maybe in a town like Flounder and I grew up in, but in Hilliard? Yeah, right...

Look, $10 is $10. Sure. The cost of business isn't free. To go off and get all pissed at a dealership over a $10 service charge on something you really should have known how to avoid is kinda lame...

If you had a friend that worked there and he said "Shop rules - nothing free and a minimum $10 charge on everything" and charged you $10, would you be so pissed? I doubt it. You definitely wouldn't have fired off a big "F you" thread...

Again, food for thought. I see the other side a lot. You guys see someone seemingly ripping you all off. How about your boss decides that a little job for you is small enough to just skip giving you any money for?

Flame away. I'm sure it will be getting hot in here in a while...

Oh....This summer when I got my dirtbike sprocket changed...I took to Hinds....again just the tire cause the screws/nuts holding that stock sprocket on must have been welded....They removed EVERYONE for free...even the ones I half rounded. Gave me replacements and installed the new sprocket. Little things is how youre nice to people to get great word of mouth repeat business.

1. I go in there all the time....I am good friends with Tom from his Hinds days and friends with Mike from his Classic Cycles days. I also get all my Wayne passes to ride dirt there...I work close...Iron Pony for that now.

2. MS did it for free cause they are not the business of ripping people off. $10 to remove screws is a ripoff and I dont care who you are.

3. Yes, I am upset...I handed him a wheel and it would have taken literally two minutes to use a stronger impact wrench to remove them.

The shop is shit...Never going back and never telling anyone they even exist. PISS OFF HONDA NORTHWEST

If Tom's a bud, why didn't you wait for him to handle it?

By the way, you shouldn't impact a rotor bolt off... The allen heads will strip in no time if it is truely seized. Suggestion - buy a propane torch. Easy fix for next time - more than $10, though!!:cheers:

Oh....This summer when I got my dirtbike sprocket changed...I took to Hinds....again just the tire cause the screws/nuts holding that stock sprocket on must have been welded....They removed EVERYONE for free...even the ones I half rounded. Gave me replacements and installed the new sprocket. Little things is how youre nice to people to get great word of mouth repeat business.

No offense, but at the end of the day, Hinds isn't the most profitable shop in the area. Plus, their service staff isn't too top notch...

Free is certainly cool and fine. However, giving everything away for free is stupid. If you owned a business, wouldn't the object be to stay in the black. Know what the most difficult area in a motorcycle shop is for holding a profit and not sustaining a loss? Yup, Service Department...

Build relationships??? Guy buys a bike at a shop closer to his house and doesn't take it to them for service?? How's THAT for building relationships...?

What some people don't stop and think about is a few things on the side of the dealer...

1) They got a rim that had two rotor bolts left in it. Rotor bolts are, in fact held in with Loctite and should be. Now, anyone with any mechanical ability knows if it gets stuck and won't budge, you simply apply a light amount of heat and PRESTO!! It comes free... Now, said dealer gets the rim, hears the bolts are seized up and the customer cannot get them loose.

Dealer looks at it and sees it SHOULD take a few minutes. Should... Now, if it is, in fact frozen solid and wallows out the head of the bolt, they need to apply more than a few minutes of work, etc., they evaluate the worst case scenario - $10. They probably charge $80 per hour... So, 10 minutes isn't out of the norm to suspect it could take that long...

2) Ever been in ANY business that does shit for free to all their customers? Where does it stop? Do they give free 5 minute repairs to everyone that comes in? Maybe just 25 people? 10? Where's the line drawn? I worked in a shop for over 6 years. We did a LOT of free work to customers who bought their bikes FROM US. This guy didn't.

Now, add up all these "relationship" building customers that come in for only small things they shouldn't even be doing in the first place and you'd be amazed at how many walk through that door. I bet on average, there's probably 100 a month in similar situations... Let's say 1000 per year. $10k is a good bit of lost business, no?

3) Walk into your local grocery store you've shopped for YEARS. supported them to the end. Ever ask them for a few gallons of milk for free since you forgot your wallet? Maybe in a town like Flounder and I grew up in, but in Hilliard? Yeah, right...

Look, $10 is $10. Sure. The cost of business isn't free. To go off and get all pissed at a dealership over a $10 service charge on something you really should have known how to avoid is kinda lame...

If you had a friend that worked there and he said "Shop rules - nothing free and a minimum $10 charge on everything" and charged you $10, would you be so pissed? I doubt it. You definitely wouldn't have fired off a big "F you" thread...

Again, food for thought. I see the other side a lot. You guys see someone seemingly ripping you all off. How about your boss decides that a little job for you is small enough to just skip giving you any money for?

Flame away. I'm sure it will be getting hot in here in a while...

Dude, dude, dude.....I am in that shop quite a bit over the summer. Often times I just go there on my lunch just to walk around. I buy little bolts and crap there. 2-stroke oil, wayne passes, hell, my sidi boots come from there. I have a relationship with two of the sales guys. I did/do not EXPECT anything for free. However, a job simple as that should not warrant a charge. He knew the heat trick cause he mention how cold it was when he took it from me. Also comparing a free gallon of milk is totally off. If I walk in a grocery store and ask to borrow a pen cause I dont have one...I dont expect them to say we sell them on aisle 6. The time it would have taken to do it is not worth all the bad talk they will get from me....I know alot of people. Maybe I stop them from one sale....My job is done.

No offense, but at the end of the day, Hinds isn't the most profitable shop in the area. Plus, their service staff isn't too top notch...

Free is certainly cool and fine. However, giving everything away for free is stupid. If you owned a business, wouldn't the object be to stay in the black. Know what the most difficult area in a motorcycle shop is for holding a profit and not sustaining a loss? Yup, Service Department...

I see your point totally....All I am saying is something as simple as that gets you more in the long run. You know as well as I do when out riding...the question "what's a good place to get bike work done around here"...I'll never say Honda Northwest....even if I know they do good work. Hinds lacks in service, but they are the best place in Columbus to buy a bike....PERIOD.

If Tom's a bud, why didn't you wait for him to handle it?

By the way, you shouldn't impact a rotor bolt off... The allen heads will strip in no time if it is truely seized. Suggestion - buy a propane torch. Easy fix for next time - more than $10, though!!:cheers:

He was tied up...As I was walking out I said...."Hey Tom....they wanted to charge me $10 to get these screws out"....I won't say what he said incase somehow they read this.

Also, same situation with Flounder and MJUSA...they tried to charge him crazy for something, so he went elsewhere....to never go back to MJ...If you think it's about the $10...You don't really know me.

Dude, dude, dude.....I am in that shop quite a bit over the summer. Often times I just go there on my lunch just to walk around. I buy little bolts and crap there. 2-stroke oil, wayne passes, hell, my sidi boots come from there. I have a relationship with two of the sales guys. I did/do not EXPECT anything for free. However, a job simple as that should not warrant a charge. He knew the heat trick cause he mention how cold it was when he took it from me. Also comparing a free gallon of milk is totally off. If I walk in a grocery store and ask to borrow a pen cause I dont have one...I dont expect them to say we sell them on aisle 6. The time it would have taken to do it is not worth all the bad talk they will get from me....I know alot of people. Maybe I stop them from one sale....My job is done.

Bad example with the pen. It would be more like asking the person at the grocery store to use their pen and write out your bills for you, and expecting it to be free. I'm really not understanding your problem with them wanting $10. It just isn't making sense.

Let's say 1000 per year. $10k is a good bit of lost business, no?

Yea that is a large amount of lost business.. and the huge Fuck Off thread that is being circulated now is going to cost them how much? Lets do the math.. a bike costs anywhere from $5,000(used) - $20,000(Ducati).. lets just say, on the low side, that 5 people read this thread and agree with him that it was a bullshit move on the part of HNW and dont buy a bike from them.. anywhere from $25,000 - $100,000 of revenue lost.. all that over $10??? You cant tell me that isnt bad business on their part.

I could side either way. Yea its bogus for the $10 for something that simple. Then again, the whole idea of doing service work for free get really old FAST! I cant tell you how many people's cars and bikes I have worked on in the past not getting a dime. I was nice and did something as simple as tightening a friends chain. Someone else sees or hears I didnt chrage them, cuz I was being nice, then everyone shit tons of people come out of the wood work wanting it done for free.

He was tied up...As I was walking out I said...."Hey Tom....they wanted to charge me $10 to get these screws out"....I won't say what he said incase somehow they read this.

Also, same situation with Flounder and MJUSA...they tried to charge him crazy for something, so he went elsewhere....to never go back to MJ...If you think it's about the $10...You don't really know me.

But it is about the $10. Otherwise you would've waited for Tom. This person who wanted to charge you, do they know you? Do you bullshit with them? Have you known them for a long time? I'm guessing no, you just expect them to know you because they've seen you in there browsing and shopping. If you have a hookup somewhere, you go to your hookup. You don't expect other employees there to hook you up. That shit pissed me off when I bartended. People would get pissy because I charge them for drinks. "Well so and so never charges me". I'm not so and so. I don't know you. You're not my "buddy". I owe you nothing. Get it?