Screw Honda Northwest!!!

Putty

I will not support Honda Northwest all because of this thread.  

24 members have voted

1. 1. I will not support Honda Northwest all because of this thread.

• Yes. I will support them
    • No. I will NOT support them
    • I will NOT shop at HNW, but not exclusivley because of this thread
    • This thread does not change my prior opinion about HNW

I think they told you to fuk off. right ? I'm not trying to upset you this much but, Your web atitude isn't all that great,And I don't think you would really say this shit to the guys at HNW.You seemed like a cool cat.I can say, you would be better off not going to HNW ...Stress isn't good for you or anybody.. Plus you said bolts could eat shit."ouch" I don't think he would like that.He is a really cool and does good work.And the krama thing,Thats because the way you treat ppl sometimes ....I would guess you have stuff happen to you like this all the time?

On another note Was that your first time there? 1st impresions are lasting. You will never like the place if thats the case<<<<rappnSorry

relax you can always go to hinds ....ask your boy tom about hinds he sounds like you ...and he worked for some time....and went back to HNW so he could make some $$$ .Its all good .

You are making this about an individual....I dont know bolts anymore than I know you. The store itself can eat shit..He didn't tell me to F off...he would not remove my screws because I would not buy him lunch. I stated several times over I go there all the time...you missed that. Actually, Tom and Jeff don't see eye to eye....there are more issues than $$.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, that was me.

if I had taken my bike to a shop and asked them to test my battery, and they said it would be $10 min charge, I would have the same feelings you did/do.

I think the reason this scenario is so polarizing is that we (readers) are concluding you were expecting the HNW shop to help you for free.

Is that a correct assumption? you wanted them to do it no charge?

OK...I dont expect anything for free.

The fact that I could have asked you for $3 is the exact same, minus a storefront....Bolts was going to pocket the money for using HW tools to remove my screws. I took my toolkit out to take off your seat....You should have paid me. Nothing is free. My time is as valuable as Bolts.

You are making this about an individual....I dont know bolts anymore than I know you. The store itself can eat shit..He didn't tell me to F off...he would not remove my screws because I would not buy him lunch. I stated several times over I go there all the time...you missed that. Actually, Tom and Jeff don't see eye to eye....there are more issues than $$.

He didn't remove your screws because he was doing work that paid. Thats what he does there work,just like everyone else and no one does it for free. Thats all I'm trying to say The shop is fine they just didn't take their shrit off for you and your pissed ...BUt I don't think it shouldn't be this bad for you thats all.You should really talk to tom more he could get you the service you wanted maybe. I think you may have burned some bridges there tho w/ all this crap. He would have bought you lunch if the tables were turned around.

He didn't remove your screws because he was doing work that paid. Thats what he does there work,just like everyone else and no one does it for free. Thats all I'm trying to say The shop is fine they just didn't take their shrit off for you and your pissed ...BUt I don't think it shouldn't be this bad for you thats all.You should really talk to tom more he could get you the service you wanted maybe. I think you may have burned some bridges there tho w/ all this crap. He would have bought you lunch if the tables were turned around.

He was doing work that was paying the STORE. He wanted to do work for me that paid HIM to eat lunch. Honestly, I don't care about any bridge there...The place will never see me again. Tom and Mike are cool, but if it causes an issue...i'll be ok with that. They burned a bridge with me cause they will get no more of my money no matter how small it is.....more than $10 though.

I wouldn't have expected it for free, but personally I would have had a similar reaction if I knew another place would do it for free. Selling motorcycles, parts, and service is all about scratching backs sometimes...give a little to gain a lot. Once Putty was ready to leave the guy should have realized that he was losing a potential future customer (for more expensive parts or bikes) and done it for free...IMO When a place does something small like that for free, I remember and will happily be a return customer or send others there.

I wouldn't have expected it for free, but personally I would have had a similar reaction if I knew another place would do it for free. Selling motorcycles, parts, and service is all about scratching backs sometimes...give a little to gain a lot. Once Putty was ready to leave the guy should have realized that he was losing a potential future customer (for more expensive parts or bikes) and done it for free...IMO When a place does something small like that for free, I remember and will happily be a return customer or send others there.

And that's ALL I have been saying here...

shit columbus motorsports send me a voucher for $25 for no reason so I went and spent $200. Then I went there first when I wanted to buy a bike, dude tried to screw me so I walked away.

I bet putty would have started a thread saying dudes at Honda NW were cool if they would have helped him out but instead its this thread. I dont think either of them are going to hold a grudge though

not to compare apples to oranges, but...

Iron Pony gives away a free t-shirt when you spend more than $100 (back scratcher). Will you happily return and buy more shit if you can find the same exact product for a cheaper price somewhere else but it doesn't come with a backscratcher?

I guess I am just confused by this thread... :confused:

And that's ALL I have been saying here...

But if you knew another shop would do it for free (and they're closer to your house meaning no hauling the wheel across the city), why didn't you go to that shop??? Probably because you like Honda Northwest better, and you were expecting it for free.

And you're pissed off at the whole store for one guy wanting to charge you $10 to do work for you????

I think this is what anyone who has been slightly agreeing with Putty has said.. there are just a select few that REALLY like HNW and disagree (I am in between, I like HNW but disagree with this employees way of handling business)

Iron Pony gives away a free t-shirt when you spend more than $100 (back scratcher). Will you happily return and buy more shit if you can find the same exact product for a cheaper price somewhere else but it doesn't come with a backscratcher?

I know you where not directing this to me but it brings up a very good point. Iron Pony is often times more expensive (not by a lot) than other places. Specifically, the online deals are better than at Iron Pony. I don't mind paying Iron Pony an extra couple of dollars for my product because each and every time I go in there I feel respected and don't feel like they are trying to take me for my cash, even though they are sometimes more expensive. (BTW, I don't know anyone personally who workes at Iron Pony, so they are not just being nice because I know "so and so")

I have a few Iron Pony shirts and honestly, yeah I like getting their 50 cent shirt for free...but I am cheap.:D I don't feel like I'm obligated to shop at Iron Pony though, especially now that they are so large and do tons of internet sales..maybe when they were a smaller shop. That being said, I like supporting the locals and will buy from Iron Pony unless the price difference is substantial. Got my 2-piece A* suit, gloves, boots, helmet, etc. from there.

I know you where not directing this to me but it brings up a very good point. Iron Pony is often times more expensive (not by a lot) than other places. Specifically, the online deals are better than at Iron Pony. I don't mind paying Iron Pony an extra couple of dollars for my product because each and every time I go in there I feel respected and don't feel like they are trying to take me for my cash, even though they are sometimes more expensive. (BTW, I don't know anyone personally who workes at Iron Pony, so they are not just being nice because I know "so and so")

I shop there because more times than not they have it in stock. If they don't, I'll order from somewhere else for cheaper.

I shop there because more times than not they have it in stock. If they don't, I'll order from somewhere else for cheaper.

Not if you ride an Italian Bike. I cant even get a oil filter half the time. Ha. its understandable tho. not too many people have Duc shit instock. Ha. I said duc shit! :monkeypoo:

But if you knew another shop would do it for free (and they're closer to your house meaning no hauling the wheel across the city), why didn't you go to that shop??? Probably because you like Honda Northwest better, and you were expecting it for free.

And you're pissed off at the whole store for one guy wanting to charge you $10 to do work for you????

I told you I work very close to that shop, so I took it there.....I knew MS or Hinds would have pulled them out for nothing...I assumed they would have, too. Also, MS would have taken them off when they removed the wheel from the bike, but I didn't know I needed them off then....so I told Drew, No, when he asked if I wanted them off.

Not if you ride an Italian Bike. I cant even get a oil filter half the time. Ha. its understandable tho. not too many people have Duc shit instock. Ha. I said duc shit! :monkeypoo:

Ever try this place: www.motohio.com

They are a shop on East Main street and they sell Ducs.

I see your point totally....All I am saying is something as simple as that gets you more in the long run. You know as well as I do when out riding...the question "what's a good place to get bike work done around here"...I'll never say Honda Northwest....even if I know they do good work. Hinds lacks in service, but they are the best place in Columbus to buy a bike....PERIOD.

Wow, pages galore - I need to catch up...

BUT, best place to buy a bike is Hinds? Are you nuts?? Dude, we have been in there on a couple of occassions to buy new MX bikes and they were BY FAR the highest priced. Plus, their staff is clueless...

Sportbikes? Forget it...

At least HNW has a service department that has a little knowledge to the point IF you cannot do it, you can assume they will know how with some credibility... Hinds sucks... Jeff's a racer wannabe and dumps his money in his vintage crap and walks around the pits with his big expensive rig like his shit don't stink.

Yea that is a large amount of lost business.. and the huge Fuck Off thread that is being circulated now is going to cost them how much? Lets do the math.. a bike costs anywhere from $5,000(used) - $20,000(Ducati).. lets just say, on the low side, that 5 people read this thread and agree with him that it was a bullshit move on the part of HNW and dont buy a bike from them.. anywhere from $25,000 - $100,000 of revenue lost.. all that over $10??? You cant tell me that isnt bad business on their part.

Of all the people on here that read this and actually agree - how many are going to buy a bike w/o shopping anyways? Taking that into factor, once they find a better deal within a short driving distance, they'll go where the deal is.

If you eliminate them, that leaves you the people that buy w/o worrying about a deal, buy from their favorite shop and based on heresay. Those people are so damn small that once HNW loses what, 10 total bike sales, they'll gain that 10 from making deals to 20 other people to get them in the door. Overall bike numbers are 10 per day - not 10 per month.

Dude, they spend about (A dealer their size) about $75k PLUS a month in flooring costs for their units. The units you don't see are usually off site or at an assembly company (Custom Assembly). So, that expensive floor plan makes it a deal where they will do lowball deals or meet lowball deals to move units when time comes. You and the 10 other people that decide that charging Putty $10 for a labor job that COULD have been more than a simple removal of a bolt, is peanuts.

If you think otherwise, you need to do some more research and understand what dealers pay and what they move unit-wise before you go and think if you and your buddies stop shopping there it will make them hurt.

It's like you and 1,000 of your friends deciding to stop buying gasoline a MONTH to prove to the oil companies they can't mess with you. Yeah, that'll hurt 'em...:rolleyes:

Hell if I know.. add a poll to the thread. I am simply looking at it from a customer relation perspective. Bad business.

Wow, a whole 4 people have voted. Yeah, that's gonna kill them that 3 customers are going to buy somewhere else. I still think even if you feel strongly enough to NEVER go there again, you'd consider it anyways if they'd beat the best deal on your next bike by $500-$1000...

He was doing work that was paying the STORE. He wanted to do work for me that paid HIM to eat lunch. Honestly, I don't care about any bridge there...The place will never see me again. Tom and Mike are cool, but if it causes an issue...i'll be ok with that. They burned a bridge with me cause they will get no more of my money no matter how small it is.....more than $10 though.

Uh, techs are usually paid per the job instead of hourly. Again, it could be different in his case, but most the time it isn't. Yes, it pays the store, but they earn money per job. You need to understand that first. You seemingly work on computers and this isn't the same.

Computers break and there is usually a flat hourly fee plus parts. In service, they get a listing of hours that job takes. Based on how quickly they do it and how well, they get paid accordingly. If they are interuppted, it's money out of their pockets.

So, you could have been costing him money. Feel differently now?