Casual Ride

Osiris-016

Does anyone here go on casual rides?

I have a ninja 250 and looking for someone to ride with. Not long distance, and not extreme speeds around tight corners (my tires are 15 years old and they slip out easily ;) ). Just looking for a casual ride every so often to enjoy the scenery and the environment with a group of people.

I'm in the Westerville area. Please let me know, riding by myself is extremely boring.

Dude, seriously, change those tires. That's dangerous as all get out.

+1. Tires are one of the most important aspects of the bike. Obviously as you can already tell...shitty tires...especially extremely old ones = abysmal handling.

I'm sure some people on here can score you a deal or 2. Just ask around.

I go on all types of rides.. And ride as much as my health allows.

+1^ I do all kinds of rides as well. You are welcome to come along. Get your tires replaced first.

Edited by Xfz
spell

Make sure he's behind you so he doesnt take you out too when his tires let go.

I'll get him to cage it up to the pony to buy the tires I mentioned in his other thread. THEN go for a ride. I need to get someone else on a 250 to go on some of the group rides so that I'm not the only one!

Edited by jporter12
spelling

Whoa, I just read your post about the sticking suspension and locking front brake??? Tires are your second problem! Suspension is kind of nice. Brakes are pretty much a must have . :eek: You got some work to do before any rides. Casual or otherwise.

Whoa, I just read your post about the sticking suspension and locking front brake??? Tires are your second problem! Suspension is kind of nice. Brakes are pretty much a must have . :eek: You got some work to do before any rides. Casual or otherwise.

I'm hoping that he's exaggerating how much the front brake is locking.

Edited by jporter12
spelling, again...

I'll have my 250 on the ride next Saturday so you'll have company at the back

No 250s allowed in the back with me! That's my very deseved spot! Everyone knows I am The slowest rider around!

J/k anyone is welcome to ride in the Scenic location instead of the racing locations!

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I'm currently searching for tires, and I'll be sure to ask around this website for deals as well. I've got someone who can mount them for me.

As for the brake, they don't necessarily "lock up", they're just stiff past a certain point and then free up again. They don't stick down, just hard to pull it past this one area and then it's fine. No big deal, just going to take a closer look at it.