Make sure you vote next month!

chevysoldier

I say we at least make it optional. :dunno:

I'd be on board with this... but I'd want some stipulation in there that if you played the privatization game and lost... you CAN'T enroll in the social programs after all your money is gone.

Grandma and Pop-pop have to live on the streets, poor and homeless unless their family wants to take them in. But the family that takes them in shouldn't get any gov't help either.

You roll the dice and get burned, "we" shouldn't bail you out. Go to charity.

Problem is.. that's idealistic thinking, not realist. It stops short of playing out the full scenario of what to do with a bunch of homeless elderly on the street.

People will come with their sob stories, and the gov't will be forced to do something about it because the costs of the problems will start outweighing the costs of just giving the people money to GTFO.

So, it's more economical to force people (who are generally fiscally irresponsible, as noted by household income/spending/saving trends) to pay up front for services (SS, Medicare, etc) that they may or may not receive in the future - penalizing everyone, including the ones who are responsible, for the greater good.

Besides' date=' what does "more economical" have to do with freedom? My house is in order.. why punish me for the bullshit my neighbor does?[/quote']

Chalk it up to the costs of living in a society like ours. If I'm going to pay for homeless people to get healthcare anyway, I'd rather do it at the least cost out of my pocket.

You can still put on your BK Crown and be king of Isle de IP

Yea. Social programs don't make things any less "free" -- you're still free to speak your mind, free to engage in commerce, etc. Just because there are some rules and structure to that doesn't make it any less free.

Like you said, Medicare, SS, etc... that haven't always existed -- but we have them now for a reason, and people benefiting from those programs really don't want to give them up.

I plan on being retired loooooong before 65' date=' my friend. That shit is for fucking suckers.[/quote']

and do what? sit around watching judge judy all day?

screw that, once i have earned enough money to live comfortably, I'll be doing something productive with my time, maybe go into teaching, or start my own business, I'm not gonna retire and lay around til i die.

send a message to the world "CONTROL YOUR PEOPLE, if we find out a terrorist attacked the United States from your country, we nuke you...period, end of story"

do you think we would really nuke saudi arabia? even if we did, do you think that would embolden muslim extremists?

really, if we detonated a device in the middle east, i really dont think they would rest until a device of theirs was detonated here. so pick your city. LA? NYC? Chicago? Miami? Philly? pick one, and erase it from the map.

do you think we would really nuke saudi arabia? even if we did, do you think that would embolden muslim extremists?

if by "embolden" you mean "convert them into nuclear fucking vapor"

then yes.

really, if we detonated a device in the middle east, i really dont think they would rest until a device of theirs was detonated here. so pick your city. LA? NYC? Chicago? Miami? Philly? pick one, and erase it from the map.

you misunderstand, glass the whole thing.

not "a device", we park a carrier outside their door, and send a whole damn onslaught of devices...think apocolyptical... they can't retaliate if they are dead.

do it at night, just after dusk, that way when they detonate, every country in the middle east will see the light...

then we send out a message again.

"Saudi Arabia housed terrorists, they fucked with us, now they no longer exist, CONTROL YOUR FUCKING PEOPLE"

Edited by magley64

if by "embolden" you mean "convert them into nuclear fucking vapor"

then yes.

you misunderstand, glass the whole thing.

not "a device", we park a carrier outside their door, and send a whole damn onslaught of devices...think apocolyptical... they can't retaliate if they are dead.

do it at night, just after dusk, that way when they detonate, every country in the middle east will see the light...

then we send out a message again.

"Saudi Arabia housed terrorists, they fucked with us, now they no longer exist, CONTROL YOUR FUCKING PEOPLE"

while i agree they all need blown up...

your reasoning is no good..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Yahiye_Gadahn

do you suggest we nuke ourselves?

while i agree they all need blown up...

your reasoning is no good..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Yahiye_Gadahn

do you suggest we nuke ourselves?

my reasoning is still good, nuke oregon, too ;)

(obviously i'm not serious about nuking the whole world, but those countries don't know that, and if we're lucky, it would be some shitty litte country like iran who would test us first... I could live with glassing iran to make a point about not bluffing.)

cali ain't ALL terrible. thats where the good chronic comes from, and its about to be legal there too.

other than that tho, its pretty wack.

it's kinda the polar opposite of NY, the people are all friendly as hell, but they can't drive worth a damn.