What's up with loud exhausts?

sporttour

ha!

I'm not trying to be an ass but I don't think that I've ever seen another group of people that get soo pissy or defensive soo quick. I mean I have no issue with true riders who like their Harleys but its just not my style.

I'm not trying to be an ass but I don't think that I've ever seen another group of people that get soo pissy or defensive soo quick. I mean I have no issue with true riders who like their Harleys but its just not my style.

you aint got to lie to kick it...haha!

• 2 weeks later...
Why do Harley guys get butt hurt soo easily?

Sorry for the late response but I'm working out of state and been away from a computer for a while.

While it may be true "we" Harley riders may get defensive,if you read the thread with an open mind,you might see a trend and realize why.

And just a reminder,I've owned many bikes over the years and in fact still own a Honda.

The thread is about loud pipes and no one mentioned anything about brand until the "Harley" rider posted.

First it was a "Ban" post from one and then a specific point made against shitbags on "Harleys".

5 pages of guys posting that their rides are loud but the first Harley poster gets everyone's ire up?

Glad the guys I ride with who still ride bikes other than Harleys aren't so quick to judge.

Or maybe it's because most of their bikes are louder than most Harleys.

• Upvote 1

Sorry for the late response but I'm working out of state and been away from a computer for a while.

While it may be true "we" Harley riders may get defensive,if you read the thread with an open mind,you might see a trend and realize why.

And just a reminder,I've owned many bikes over the years and in fact still own a Honda.

The thread is about loud pipes and no one mentioned anything about brand until the "Harley" rider posted.

First it was a "Ban" post from one and then a specific point made against shitbags on "Harleys".

5 pages of guys posting that their rides are loud but the first Harley poster gets everyone's ire up?

Glad the guys I ride with who still ride bikes other than Harleys aren't so quick to judge.

First I'd like to say, we're guys...we give each other shit. Thats just how we work. Find a man that doesn't show his friendship and comraderie by busting balls and I'll be shocked. Its supposed to be in good fun, except maybe IP. He loooooooooooves Harley's :D

Secondly, I'd like to point out that in 9 out of 10 cases people get butt hurt over a stereotype because they fall in that category. When this happens it furthers the stereotype and makes it easier to joke on them. If you'd take a look see, there are plenty of Harley riders here that enjoy OR and realize whats going on. They also don't get butthurt because they know they don't fall in the stereotype and laugh it off.

Hopefully this clears things up and you can move past this and enjoy your stay and get to know the place a little bit. Have a good day :)

Ban.

loud pipes are a personal preference just like paint color. And, again, like paint color, "yellow" might work on one car, but not another.

a loud Ducati is different than a loud EX500. A loud track bike is different than a loud touring bike. There's just a time and a place for any "style."

Personally, I don't like excessively loud pipes, even on race/track bikes. Whatever brand it is that offers the 'shorty' exhaust for the GSX-R's will NEVER be put on any of my bikes. It's just annoyingly loud, even at the track.

Similarly, my EX500 will probably never get a louder exhaust - when I ride it, it's usually commuting to work. I start the bike while my wife's still asleep, as is most of my neighborhood. Quiet is a nice feature at 7AM.

If cruiser guys want to put ape-hanger bars on their ride, then they may as well put a ridiculous exhaust on it too. Clearly actual performance and ridability isn't a priority for them. Sure it annoys me, but it's not my bike.

My exhaust (Vance and Hines 2 into 1) is a little louder than stock, but it also helps the performance quite a bit. Not too mention the stock pipes on Raiders are butt ugly.

I can be stealthy when I need to, or be almost obnoxious if I want when under load. That is how my GYTR exhaust on my FZ1 was too. High RPM's on that thing sounded bad ass.

Thanks Shoemaker. That is exactly how it sounds. I've heard lots of the others on Raiders too, but the V&H has the deepest sound. I agree with Yamaha getting it right. I've had lots of different bikes, and this is my favorite so far.

I have ridden loud sportbikes for about ten years and I have just always enjoyed the sound of a sport bike with a aftermarket exhaust on it. I have never had anyone come over on me on the freeway with my sportbikes with pipes. I just bought a fjr1300 and in the first two months I had 5 or 6 cars almost run me off the highway. I really have a much greater respect now for the Loud pipes save lives push now