Your ultimate bike night?

ninjascott

A long time friend just purchased a bar on the westside, he asked me what things he could do to make a successful bike night? Aside from moving from the westside of course and illegal things. If you could imagine a super cool spot what would it be like?

Entertainment something to do other than grunt at each other drinks that cater to the drunks and the ones smart enough not to drink while on two wheels and free or cheap food and too bring in the HD group, a poker run from bar to bar so by the time they get back there shit faced and it does not matter what he has going on.

Every bar in town is trying to get business and offering a "Bike Night" to do it.

Posting up a few signs and saying you have one isn't going to cut it.

Bars make money selling drinks, bikers crash bikes after drinks. This is a problem.

I've heard many a bar owner complain that the bikers just have a beer or two and leave.

Food might be a draw, but again the bar has to make a buck or it just isn't worth it.

BW&R had a good turn out for bike night but it was more of a band+menu specials+bike friendly event.

.99 cent wings was good. Free bands was good. But most of all it was seeing people from the board and sharing the good time.

Build a community and the rest will follow.

Good luck!

Every bar in town is trying to get business and offering a "Bike Night" to do it.

Posting up a few signs and saying you have one isn't going to cut it.

Bars make money selling drinks, bikers crash bikes after drinks. This is a problem.

I've heard many a bar owner complain that the bikers just have a beer or two and leave.

Food might be a draw, but again the bar has to make a buck or it just isn't worth it.

BW&R had a good turn out for bike night but it was more of a band+menu specials+bike friendly event.

.99 cent wings was good. Free bands was good. But most of all it was seeing people from the board and sharing the good time.

Build a community and the rest will follow.

Good luck!

About the best advise you could give. If it is just a bar skip the bike night, but if they have good food, music and even pool tables it could work.

Wet tshirt contest. Burnout contest. Just tell him to watch a few episodes of full throttle saloon.

^ ^ This :lol:

Don't forget the midget wrestling, human cannon, stripper poles, slutty dancers, overpriced drinks, etc ;)

About the best advise you could give. If it is just a bar skip the bike night, but if they have good food, music and even pool tables it could work.

Agreed...

I don't go to any bike night because they are boring. Good food and pool tables would get me there. I did go to QS&L one night to check out the bikes and eat, but that was plenty for me for the year. I don't drink so bars don't attract me in the first place.

$20 dyno pulls

dyno shoot out

poser, I mean pretty bike contest(s)

raffle for bike related crap or even an IP gift card. 5 buck raffle for a 50 buck gift card should make him some dough

Bike nights don't seem to work out here in CA for many of the reasons listed above. The true riders would rather ride instead of drink and talk about riding. One of the favorite places for riders to meet up is a place named "Alice's". It's in the middle of about 10 miles of nice twisty riding and has exceptional food. The place makes killer money off both riders, exotic car rallies, and Joe Public as well.

If your friend puts together a good menu and opens early enough for folks to break off and do lunch before continuing their riding or even breakfast, he'll have a winner

Its a pretty big club,he has had bands play there one71 was the biggest band so far.has a 6 pool tables,a full kitchen but yet to hire a kitchen manager or put together a menu, one Idea he is working with is to put an above ground pool in the bar to have a pool party a new twist on the wet t-shirt contest.. He has three super hot bar tenders so far looking to hire 2 or 3 hotties to be servers.

What I look for in a bike night is drunken shenanigans to entertain me while I drink my beer. Guys doing burnouts and falling over on their way out of the parking lot. Stuff like that.

I was highly disappointed the one time I went to QS&L and everyone was well behaved.

one Idea he is working with is to put an above ground pool in the bar to have a pool party a new twist on the wet t-shirt contest

what kind of floors does the place have? The reason I ask is because the pool inside idea could be an extremely costly one in regards to water damage as well as weight. One of my asshole friends decided it was a good idea to do this in our fraternity house and it was a big issue

I usually spend less then 10 minutes at any bike night. I'll make a quick lap around the parking lot then hook up with others to ride.I dont drink when i ride, so "beverage" specials do not appeal to me. I have seen the Coors Light and Jager girls at one event, that was ok, but after seeing all the umbrella girls at AMA races, beer girls are no big deal.

I noticed that when leaving said bike night location, it is mandatory to hammer on the throttle to let other know you are leaving.

I would stick around if there was good food and reasonable free space to be social.

Bikini contest, bike show with gift certificates for the winners, and beer and food specials. I like checkin out all the customized bikes at bike nights. No, it's not a ride night, but just to see what others are doing to make their bikes their own.