WTB: Motorcycle Alarm under $300

Jst2fst

There was a thread on here about someone using a cell phone powered off the bike and stuck under their seat. Then a website used for tracking the cell phone. I can't for the life of me remember the website or thread. Maybe someone else will.

Free services:

http://www.mologogo.com/

http://buddyway.com/

Pay-as-you-go service:

http://www.accutracking.com/

Yea, each one of the LCD remotes is a 2-Way pager that alerts you when the alarm triggers a sounds and vibrations go off to alert you of trouble.

...and so there you are. You got your paging alarm all set and you go into Wally World for some clearasil and the latest Tiger Beat. All is good with the world. Then the wind rocks your bike and you go clomping through the whole store at full speed with your bots and jacket and helmet - all for nothing.

Seriously, though, I would not have a siren or LED. You don't want them to hurry up...or leave:D

Yea, each one of the LCD remotes is a 2-Way pager that alerts you when the alarm triggers a sounds and vibrations go off to alert you of trouble.

skip to 3:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D96QM-lzLM8

guy doesnt touch the bike until 3:14, and by 3:34 they are closing the door on the van .....they stole this bike in 20 seconds flat...a 2 way pager would not help you at all...you wouldnt get to your bike in time to stop them....hell, i bet theres at least a 5 second transmit time, minimum...just like making a phone call... call someones phone who is in the room with you, and from when you hit send to when it actually rings, is easily 5-10 seconds

that leave you 10-15 seconds to get to your bike, and stop them from taking it....

just give up man...carry full coverage and say fuck it, if it gets stolen it gets stolen, just have insurance buy you a new one...they always give you more than its worth anyways

skip to 3:00

guy doesnt touch the bike until 3:14, and by 3:34 they are closing the door on the van .....they stole this bike in 20 seconds flat...a 2 way pager would not help you at all...you wouldnt get to your bike in time to stop them....hell, i bet theres at least a 5 second transmit time, minimum...just like making a phone call... call someones phone who is in the room with you, and from when you hit send to when it actually rings, is easily 5-10 seconds

that leave you 10-15 seconds to get to your bike, and stop them from taking it....

just give up man...carry full coverage and say fuck it, if it gets stolen it gets stolen, just have insurance buy you a new one...they always give you more than its worth anyways

Yea, I've seen this video before. I'm still deciding on what to do I like the cell phone gps idea as an alternative as well

Trac phones have gps?

I hope so they are cheap phones if not I'll find something else

In the first 30 seconds, yeah the bike will be stolen, but in the next 10 minutes whole you're still probably oblivious, they are tearing into the bike looking for any signs of Lo-Jack, tracking devices, etc. Which will be promptly disabled.

If someone wants your shit, and you're not around. They will get it, plain and simple. Don't waste the money.

Better yet buy$ 300 worth of cheap wine let the homeless guy live in your garage and watch your bike. When the bike is missing at least you'll know who stole it.

Yea, I'm gonna say no to that idea. Have a homeless person live in the garage not gonna work out as well as you think it might.

Yea, not gonna buy either. A waste of money plus their cheaper at Home Depot and Lowes. I'm trying to do the cell phone gps thing just gotta but a cheap phone I can abuse.

Yea, not gonna buy either. A waste of money plus their cheaper at Home Depot and Lowes. I'm trying to do the cell phone gps thing just gotta but a cheap phone I can abuse.

if you are any good at fixing phones i can give you my old blackberry pearl. Its just fickle about recharging

if you are any good at fixing phones i can give you my old blackberry pearl. Its just fickle about recharging

Thanks, I can probably fix it up to get it to work for this only need to download the programs to get the gps function to work.

Thanks, I can probably fix it up to get it to work for this only need to download the programs to get the gps function to work.

let me make sure i still have it, if i do its all yours since I have no use for it. It was a Verizon phone so it may need some fancy unlocking to do what u want it to do but i have no idea how that stuff works.

I might be in Marysville this weekend to pick up a new bike, not sure how close that is to you

let me make sure i still have it, if i do its all yours since I have no use for it. It was a Verizon phone so it may need some fancy unlocking to do what u want it to do but i have no idea how that stuff works.

I might be in Marysville this weekend to pick up a new bike, not sure how close that is to you

Sorry forgot about this, just let me know about it and if its not to far I'll take if off your hands.