My new Bike!!! 99 Superhawk 996

Beegreenstrings

I am gitty with joy...

Tires are good for another year for sure. Paint is pretty much perfect for a 99. Sounds AWESOME with the dual Yoshi's (I believe are totally uncapped)... Sounds like a formula one race car. LOUD.

dislikes: no fuel gauge... just a light...

Dont pay too close attention to my garage... It is a disaster area since I have started working on my Lariat in the barn (total neglect)...

I tell you how happy I am.... :D... Spring is way too far away...

*I should say that the white on the rear cowl is frost... Man it got cold out last night on the way home?!

Edited by Beegreenstrings

looks good glad you finally decided on which bike to get

Was not too much deciding. I looked it over saw no problems. He fired it up, I was sold.

(I have wanted a V-twin sport bike since I first saw the RC's. I rode a few and the more I thought about it I just could not pull the trigger on one. I wanted something I could actually get on and ride and be comfy. The fit and feel of this won me over the 929. The sound sold me... Boing! It was like a symphany of everything you ever wanted to hear.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

I miss mine so much. 1 thing I did was remove the huge decal on the front fairing, and it make it look way sleeker. Looks great man. If you need help with fendor eliminator we had to custom make one for like 20 from Iron Pony with their general elimintor kit and then smaller signals. Also flush mounts of course. I still remember wat I did.

I miss mine so much. 1 thing I did was remove the huge decal on the front fairing, and it make it look way sleeker. Looks great man. If you need help with fendor eliminator we had to custom make one for like 20 from Iron Pony with their general elimintor kit and then smaller signals. Also flush mounts of course. I still remember wat I did.

I appreciate the offer. I will keep it in mind, I just want to ride right now... This is killing me. Had to push it into the corner last night and cover it up with the other bikes.

Its like giving a kid a new toy but telling them they can only look at it. :nono:

Was not too much deciding. I looked it over saw no problems. He fired it up, I was sold.

(I have wanted a V-twin sport bike since I first saw the RC's. I rode a few and the more I thought about it I just could not pull the trigger on one. I wanted something I could actually get on and ride and be comfy. The fit and feel of this won me over the 929. The sound sold me... Boing! It was like a symphany of everything you ever wanted to hear.

Good to hear you like it, I get to pick up my yellow baby this weekend pumped for the new bike.

Yeah I had mine with 22K I think when I sold it, and it was no where near falling apart. Not saying it couldnt happen, but a lot of that depends on how a bike or anything is taken care of. The dude that posted he has over 200K on his bike in another thread is a perfect example. I dont plan on ever having a bike anywhere near something like that so doesnt matter, but I take care of my stuff and I know it would last that long if someone did the same.

The twins have always been known to last. My buddy from Treadway honda had a Suzuki 400sm he had 50K on before he had any issues with it. 50K on a single cylinder. I was floored. Like previously posted, I wish I had the time to rack up 50K on anything. I am not worried about it. The care that has been taken of this bike, I have no worries.

Congrats, man!!! Welcome to the twin fraternity. Spring can't get here fast enough for any of us, let alone someone with a new toy.

And I wouldn't worry about it falling apart anytime soon. Bikes fall apart at 40k because they are not take care of. I don't foresee that being an issue here.

Thanks to all. I am exstatic that I got it! I still cant believe the sound that comes from those Yoshi's. AWESOME! A little on the illegal side I am thinking? But definately cool. My friends that have seen it think it is a brand new bike. I am definately happy I have the bike, but seriously disappointed that the weather is shit.