Discount day at Nelson for Ohio Riders - May 14 2011

jbot

you're going to a track with a fresh repave, and then expecting not to hate Nelson?

...not solid logic :D

On a somewhat related topic, I just watched the 1985 documentary on the 24 hours of Nelson.

I swear parts of the track haven't been repaved since this footage.

http://www.theriderfiles.com/ (scroll down a bit)

that was a great video. nice find.

My dad used to race 24 hour endurance races there.

your dad is certifiably insane and awesome. I can't imagine riding at night.

I have heard stories from spectators of the 24 hour event, but not riders. Scott Rosey (coaches at BeaveRun with NESBA, and a few other orgs. Also wicked fast on an SV, and his 675...) was telling me how the teams used to mount lights on either fork, and have the beams cross so you could actually throw some light on the track while leaned over.

The result was that the light facing the outside of the turn would illuminate the trees 40 feet in the air as the bikes went through the carousel.

I wish there had been more paddock footage. What was that building everyone was sitting in, and when did it collapse, lol?

For the record, I'm signed up for novice, and I'm a bit upset that once I got on the list, we're no longer calling it the "ballers". I've never been a baller before, and I was counting on finally making it. You guys are jerks.

Also, I will be bringing the morning coffee for a certain azn instructor in hopes of winning him over enough to not let me kill myself on this plumber's-ass track surface. It's probably not everyone's taste, but you have to know your audience.

Puppy-cup_1382052i.jpg

• Upvote 1

just to take up half the page for shits and giggles:

Ballers list

jbot

blue03636

apch8r

mykill (Novice)

madcat (novice?)

2wheeler (intermediate)

JCMathis (Intermediate)

grapesmuggler27 (Novice)

Hutch (Novice)

rubbersidedown - Novice

Dubguy (Advanced??)

Jarvis (Novice?)

cbrbrent (Novice)

Ducati Guy (Going Fast)

Termin8er (Intermediate)

bmmw - (novice?)

non-ballers, or possibly ballers list:

Standout-?

tyler524 - ?

redkow97 - advanced?

r1crusher - has a fancy track bike, has no more excuses, but still won't commit

SJC1000rr (Advanced) - Waiting to register after WERA round

Edited by APCh8r

it's unlikely I will register for this until the bike and I survive WERA's "meat grinder" class at the end of the month.

I will register 5/2 though, and yeah, unless my times are over 1:20 with WERA, i'll be in Advanced. Definitely looking forward to meeting up and hanging out. I will have JUST finished finals when this event rolls around, so even if I don't race on Sunday for some reason, I will stick around for some good times Saturday night. Hope everyone likes Highlife.

Can put me on the pending/adv list for the moment. Im not going to confirm until after WERA the last weekend also. Red, whats your race #? Will try to find you since I'll be in C-SS an C-Sbk.

524, and you can't miss my bike... I may try to ride Friday evening as well if the weather's good. Will probably pit with my friend Brad (Ex 213 I think).

Well I emailed todd the other day asking about race school for this day and to use my credits (prepaid before discounts) so I'm picking up my skirt and doing race school this day...I hope I'm not in over my head

Just listen to Andrew (assuming he is leading the race school) and you should be fine. Run your pace and the rest will come to you. Any racing on sunday for you?

Well I emailed todd the other day asking about race school for this day and to use my credits (prepaid before discounts) so I'm picking up my skirt and doing race school this day...I hope I'm not in over my head

that's awesome. race school is fun. i'm guessing your bike is fully prepped already (Moto Series tech is almost the same as WERA).

ask lots of questions and be open minded when the race school guys give feedback. they have very good info.

are you gonna race the sunday after?