Discount day at Nelson for Ohio Riders - May 14 2011

jbot

why do you have to change the gearing? is it that bad it HAS to be changed? i'm running on OEM stuff, it's fine, it won't make a difference unless you're redlining at like 120mph or something.

race/track bike suspensions are supposed to be stiff, mr. king of homoeroticism. did the guy who owned it before you weigh a lot more than you? just bring it to the track and somebody will help you set it. you probably don't know what to do with it anyway since all you know is how to make excuses and talk about other dudes penii.

.....:)

or hitting redline in 6th before the kink. :(

So will this before mentioned rainbow tent be there may 14th?

only in the restless wet dreams of Princess "Nelson's bumps might shake the sand out of my vagina so I can't ride there" R1crusher.

• Upvote 1

why do you have to change the gearing? is it that bad it HAS to be changed? i'm running on OEM stuff, it's fine, it won't make a difference unless you're redlining at like 120mph or something.

race/track bike suspensions are supposed to be stiff, mr. king of homoeroticism. did the guy who owned it before you weigh a lot more than you? just bring it to the track and somebody will help you set it. you probably don't know what to do with it anyway since all you know is how to make excuses and talk about other dudes penii.

.....:)

The chain has to be replaced, so I figured I'd just shorten the gearing while I was at it. But, no I don't have to change the sprockets but I do have the new ones. And I don't want to be wrenching on the bike at the track if I can avoid it. I'll get the suspension worked out before then for sure.

front or rear sprocket? have you tried an impact wrench yet?

It's the front, and yes an impact was tried along with a breaker bar and several additional feet of pipe on top of it.

I might just clean up the rear sprocket a little and throw on the new chain. Not what I want to do but if I can't get it done before then I will.

That's ridiculous for a front sprocket nut. I can do a front+rear sprocket change in 15min. (Did this at summit with nate watching!)

Big thing is not to use the tranny to hold the front sprocket. I just put a 2x4 wrapped in a towel between the tire and swingarm to prevent scratches and put the bike in neutral. Let the chain take the pressure and it comes right off. It shouldn't be on there that tight...the honda is at 40fl/lb.

Darius/Ohdaho,

You guys have any idea if you're down for the carpool or not? After this weekend, I've gotta start making plans and prepping the bike, so I want to get an idea of what my travel arrangements might look like.

Alright a feeler for the weekend. I plan on staying the night of the 14th. Party is at the "Trailer de Robo". I'll provide the tunes and cooking. I'm going to bring my charcoal grill and cook up a quantity of 9 made to order NY strip steaks at $10 a pop. There will also be a couple types of chips involved. BYOB. Let me know if your interested on a first come first serve basis. I'll have plenty of charcoal to keep it hot if you want to bring your on your own meat. Just let me know in advance.

Apch8r has tons of meat to go around? Wait, no homo. Nah messing, Im not sure what our arrangments will be, some of the Cbus guys are doing race school, personally I want to run Saturday, relax and chill Sunday and learn from the guys racing, then run again Monday.

Anyone staying for all that? If I am camping I will need a trailer spot, and bring my 28foot TT all inclusive style. Naturally I have some room for peeps to crash, obviously the one who hauls my bike, and then some people if they want, just ask for a few bucks for costs of the diesel, and generator/propane fuel. I have a 39 gallon fresh water tank and can bring 55 drums full if people want to use that shower but I think Nelson has those covered. Anyways, will know more closer to.

Sounds good guys, looks like we have the start of a plan.

We can wait for everyone to get done with work since it's not that far to drive. You guys want to go up Friday night and wake up there?

I figure we can do what I've done before, and we get together Thursday evening after work and pack up everyone's stuff in the van, and hook up the trailer if we want. We can take the van to each house and pick up any bike that isn't street legal to ride down to the house. I can take out a car and store everyone's bikes in the garage while we're at work Friday, so it's nothing left out during the day. After work, we all meet up, and get right in the van and hit it so we're there with some decent time to sleep before the morning.

That's just my suggestion, but if you guys would rather do anything else, we'll just do what works best for everyone.

unless the weather is total crap, I am for sure in on Saturday. Waiting ot see about racing on Sunday. my wife made plans with friends of ours, so if the race is early enough, I'm in - if not, I'm out. I can probably hang out at the track Saturday night regardless though.

I think count me, im gonna try and drop some weight off the bird and get the akra's on her before i head out. Also anyone selling a slightly used race suit/ gloves?