Two people stabbed to death at VIP in Hilliard

Casper

Not if you can't. Should be obvious. If you can't draw and fire your weapon, you can't draw and fire your weapon. If the situation presented means you won't have time to draw and fire your weapon, still trying to probably isn't the best option.

In my job, if you are close enough to be assaulted in a deadly force situation, your tactics suck.

Yup. Except in some situations you don't have time to pull your weapon...hence over simplified.

Dude, do you were a cape?

Seriously?? The way you're talking you are the baddest mother f-er on the planet. I used to think that way too until about 20 years ago...when I hit puberty. So either your head is the size of Mount Rushmore or you're 10 years old.

• Upvote 1

Dude, do you were a cape?

Seriously?? The way you're talking you are the baddest mother f-er on the planet. I used to think that way too until about 20 years ago...when I hit puberty. So either your head is the size of Mount Rushmore or you're 10 years old.

Seriously, do you think you always have time to pull your weapon? Did you want to reply to what I wrote or did you truly have nothing intelligent to say?

Seriously, do you think you always have time to pull your weapon? Did you want to reply to what I wrote or did you truly have nothing intelligent to say?

Meanie raises a valid point. Your sitting here, arguing with someone in law enforcement about tactics.

What do you do for a living?

Meanie raises a valid point. Your sitting here, arguing with someone in law enforcement about tactics.

What do you do for a living?

I don't make movies but I know shitty movie when I see one.

And he raised no point what so ever.

Well ah snap it's time to go home. I'll leave this here for those who haven't seen the discussions and don't realize how much space you need between you and an assailant in order to be able to fire your weapon to stop them:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tueller+drill

Oh, and thanks for the bites. You made a slow day at work feel like I've actually accomplished something. :D

In the situation of the bar stabbing, yes you would have had time to pull your weapon,. The attacker was focused on a certain person, and as stated before if you are too close in this situation your tactics suck. Also as mentioned before I would not be in this situation as I no longer go to bars.

All situations aside, everyone can say they would have done this or that. None of us were in the situation and therefore don't know what they would have done. Remember, no matter how skilled or prepared you think you are, there is someone more prepared and more skilled.

Pulling a gun in a crowded bar is probably not the best solution either, since you are ultimately responsible for every round fired. With multiple people attempting to disarm the threat, the chances of a clear shot would have been near zero. But, believing your "training" would have allowed you to neutralize the threat is ridicules, there are way to many unknowns. Actually, the best would have probably been a dose of pepper spray or mace, it's non lethal and would have disrupted everyone in the bar, patrons and the attacker.

That close enough would be 21 feet. You must be some sort of super hero.

Even at 21', which I know is extremely close for a knife assault, you are still going to fight off the attack, clear your attacker, n draw your weapon. If you don’t, you are going to die!

In the situation of the bar stabbing, yes you would have had time to pull your weapon

how can you say that, then say this

None of us were in the situation and therefore don't know what they would have done.

you're absolutely right, none of us were there. including you, so how would you know that one would have had time?

Even at 21', which I know is extremely close for a knife assault, you are still going to fight off the attack, clear your attacker, n draw your weapon. If you don’t, you are going to die!

Seriously though since I still have a minute before I can leave work. That's different than just saying your going to draw and fire, which was the impression you left me with (and I was playing with). You still have to clear the attacker which means more than likely going hand-to-hand or retreating to fire.

you're absolutely right, none of us were there. including you, so how would you know that one would have had time?

I think Meanie meant that you would likely have had time to draw, being one that was not directly involved in the altercation.

In that situation, non-lethal force would have been the best solution for stopping it. Lethal force would have had too much of a chance of killing the wrong person. Stop the altercation, then sort it out I can imagine would be the best way for LEO to take care of this one, as I'm sure there were a bunch of people gathered in a small area, from what I remember of any fights that I've seen in bars. It's rarely just the 2 involved.

Because common sense dictates, if you are not being attacked, therefore not the focus of the attacker, you would have the time to pull your weapon. I've never been to that VIP, but I'm positive the room is bigger than a 20' x 20'.

Because like fusion we are all masters of tatics and could have stopped this had we not been in a cubical at a office somewhere trolling all day. I am glad I don't go to bars and ha e to worry about knife crazed people like the one here.

:D Hey it was a REALLY slow day and even after Ben called me out people were still giving me material. :p

So, Chevy and I were just talking FTF about this, let me pose this question:

Would you rather have been there, had your firearm and not needed it, or needed it and not had it? Sure, in this instance, it sounds like there were too many people in too small of a place to have a clear shot. Since we're just playing armchair quarterback anyway, whatif?

Same as was said above, Tom Cline is a friend of a friend. He's one of the guys who got stabbed trying to help subdue the guy with the knife. Ended up being one of the lucky one's, he's alive.

I was wondering about that, cause they play there every sunday. So both tom and george are ok?