Ride and Camp 4/30 - 5/1

Casper

Going in for an interview for a job in a few days so not sure how my near future schedule is going to look, plus need to find a small tent thats packable and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.....need those to ride the scoot. :D

When we moved here I sold all my camping gear 'cept the huge bags we have, hardly packable on the bike. Need the whole kitnkiboodle...

I may be down. But as long as there's 50amp service so I dont have to run my gernerator all night, and fresh water hook up so I can use all that shit I can. Also needs to have a dump so I don't have to drive him with shit splish splashing around.

But seriously I bought a tent last year and I want to use the hell out of it this year. I just have to check and see if I can make this.

So go buy a bike already will ya. Is this ride starting on friday? Just trying to see if I need vacation for friday and saturday.

Out of the question. I bought a truck instead. Unless you all convince Carrie into buying me one for a wedding gift lol.

Is there a date and location set?

Date is set. Don't think a location has been.

So the weekend is picked, April 29 - May 1st. Now the question, where? SE Ohio or West Virginia? If WV, I was thinking the New River Gorge route that's been posted: http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=57535

As for food, we won't be too far from civilization no matter where we go. We can stop at a store near where we camp. We can all just chip in and buy stuff to cook for everyone, or however wants to do their own thing is more than welcome too.

id be down for going, well see how the money sitution is going in april. i got a question.. how much is just a 1 person tent and a cheap sleeping bag would run for? been a while since ive look, been for ever since ive gone camping.. any good places to get that stuff from?

id be down for going, well see how the money sitution is going in april. i got a question.. how much is just a 1 person tent and a cheap sleeping bag would run for? been a while since ive look, been for ever since ive gone camping.. any good places to get that stuff from?

if midgit todd goes, you won't have to buy a tent. Just be little spoon :D

Ok, I can take no more. A tarp and a piece of rope will make a mans shelter. If your camping with a woman buy a proper tent. The tarp and rope bivy take's less room, money and saves weight. We are a little too pampered in this day and age, it's good to get back to basics.

Alright, so looks like we have a decent group interested. I'm working on location.

To those asking about tents and such, like I said before I just use an old school Eureka A-Frame like this:

Timberline_2.jpg

I buy almost all of my camping stuff from www.rei.com or www.campmor.com.

Most anything will do for a trip like this. You'll be in a campground.

I have one like this. It's a 1 or 2 man tent. Think I got it at Cabela's or Gander Mountain. Very simple to set up, very lightweight and small. I use this when I go backpacking.

zrWd0eUbMfNWYKqEuvJFmXEdGc3s8FSZwvyofj4lPR1QJE0gYNZKz2OIt7I-aqxkPEq4ns0Cm5bkercsYzTVGEwHoXBreX7S_TeMKZJCadZ1fX-7tSKTWoVwDrVoQixniLP0DoDTBuKQsrMH5sQwFEgOYSdzYFOkyGaFnjfwtVQ9fnkKcqFu9NVEWV86fNoWDw

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=one+man+tent&hl=en&qscrl=1&biw=1366&bih=643&bav=on.2,or.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=698465524392389513&sa=X&ei=wuB3TbboCYnyrAGjk7n4CQ&ved=0CL8BEPMCMAk4KA#

We have the Eureka Timberline 2 and the Eureka Apex 2xt. Both are backpacking tents (timberline is very light), inexpensive, but very effective at doing what they are supposed to. The Timberline 2 would be my choice out of the two if it were me and a motorcycle.