Ride and Camp 4/30 - 5/1

Casper

You guys tell me where you want to go and I'll get everything setup.

4/30 and 5/1 is the WERA round at Nelson Ledges. I think it's $20/person at the gate, which kind of blows, but I planned on being there before a date was settled for the ride & camp event.

There's also a shooting range near Nelson if people want to do that before, after, or during the WERA races.

4/30 and 5/1 is the WERA round at Nelson Ledges. I think it's $20/person at the gate, which kind of blows, but I planned on being there before a date was settled for the ride & camp event.

There's also a shooting range near Nelson if people want to do that before, after, or during the WERA races.

That doesn't sound like a fun ride. Not many decent roads up there.

As much fun as the big loop looks, I'm feeling most people don't wanna ride so far and possibly be cold sleeping at night.. maybe we can put that one on the back burner til its warmer at night?

Salt fork any good to camp at? never been there..

I don't care.. up for whatever!! Even if we just get together for the day and ride!

Maybe someone has a farm/some land we can camp at?

Salt fork any good to camp at? never been there..

Their camp ground is very clean and the sites are a decent size.

the roads in the park are GREAT, but they are Nazis about the 30mph speed limit. I would honestly stop one of the rangers and ask where some better riding roads would be, "because we don't want to disturb the campers or have to worry about kids running around."

No alcohol is allowed at Salt Fork, but unless you're under-age, they're not going to be dicks unless you're being loud or obnoxious.

The short version of that story is that I've got 2 citations from the Guernsey County Sheriff's department... 1 for underage consumption when I was 19 (they made us pour out 300 cans of beer... not cool) and 1 for drunk and disorderly conduct (or something similar) when i was 22. One of my friends actually got taken to the Guernsey County Jail that second time for being a smart ass with one of the rangers.

I know, right?

I was pissed off when we were 19 because it was still fucking daylight and we had barely cracked into our 2nd case (between 10 of us). We were getting arrested for drinking beer out of solo cups (i.e. not flaunting it, and definitely not being a-holes yet) while the family at the site next to us was drinking wine in plain view.

They fucked with us because we were a group of 19 yr old males.

The second time was in October. It was literally our group of 12 people, and ONE other occupied camp site about 200 yards away. The rangers stopped by "to let us know the power was out." We were camping - why the fuck would we care?

It was probably about 10:00 by then, and we were absolutely piss drunk. They threatened to fine us PER CONTAINER. Thankfully they just confiscated what was out and said "we better not have to come back."

The tense part was that 2 of us had our wallets (with ID) in the trunk of one of the cars. Problem was, we also had about 15 cases of beer in the same trunk, so we couldn't open it in front of the rangers!

i've drank plenty at mohican with no issues but I highly doubt the riding is any good around there
Actually there's lots of good riding up there. Apple Valley is a blast.
Hahaha oh man.. I guess SF is out then.. where are all the lax' campgrounds? :-/
You can drink in all WV state campgrounds. :D And most private ones here.

Was the spot picked out yet?

There is Guilford lake with Marks landing and pinkys bar. Apparently bikers hang out there. I'm not sure how strict the camping is.

Is Mohican the boyscout camp or some other Mohican?

There is also Muskingum park u can rent a teepee get drunk and canoe.

Or Dalvin lake near marlboroman country.

Edited by Gump

Cabrewing, drinking and canoeing, has really gotten cracked down upon. Seems like the majority of my friends in the last 3 years have gotten ticketed for open container. That being said floating down the river with a 30 case of PBR is pretty unbeatable.

...all that said, where are we going?