So, I get an infraction for letting you all know about bikes...

Moto-Brian

It was move to a section you can't see

Again, no need to be condescending, but can others see it? If not, being moved is different than not being visible which is like being deleted...

Or, if being held to make a decision at a later date is fine too... Just asking.

Again, no need to be condescending, but can others see it? If not, being moved is different than not being visible which is like being deleted...

Or, if being held to make a decision at a later date is fine too... Just asking.

Threads like that are move to where ONLY mods and Admins can see them. We take a vote and if we feel it shouldn't be in PUBLIC view then it stays in the Mods/Admins section.

Remember when shit hit the fan with you and a another member and threads were moved?

The thread you are questioning went to the same happy place as those.

• Upvote 1

I gave it back to you earlier.

You creating this thread was the first dick move. Threatening to email Mid Ohio School and Ohio Motorcycle about your posts being deleted was another dick move. Comparing your shameless plugs for KTM to me supporting non-profits was another dick move. Should I keep going on?

Why don't you call him a douche too while you're calling people names or have you used that already today?

Where do we submit posts that mention businesses who are not sponsors for approval?

We like you, so no approval needed. :lol:

Seriously though, look at the amount of information on this site. 99.999999% what's posted is never touched, even things that could be considered spam (like new shops opening, tire changes, etc). It's only the glaringly obvious things we move/edit. Think about it, have you ever had a thread moved because of spam?

That's fine. If that is the case, the mods need to remove any signature that has companies not supporting the site and they need to treat every sponsor the same.

Including the services you're offering in your sig, that we've allowed for quite some time & have yet to delete??

The funny thing as that example is a good one to use is when you get people providing links to great deals that essentially go against the site sponsors.

Why don't the mods say that posting a link to Rider's Discount for a helmet is something of a conflict with Iron Pony advertising? Why do they allow people on here to have sigs that have links to companies that are not sponsors? That's a violation, correct? If they are going to treat everyone the same, they need to do just that.

Ben can correct me if I'm wrong, or speaking out of line here... But at it's core, O.R is still about members helping members. If I post up something I found cheap, that I have no monetary interest in/benefit derived from... Then my motivation for providing said info isn't questionable

The exclusivity IP is paying for, is that we won't let another Yamaha dealer come on here & advertise, unless they're also a paid sponsor. Case in point... We let Iceman advertise now, but only after he got Shiet's to agree to sponsorship. Prior to that... He posted quite a bit that we had to PM him about, &/or remove. While we appreciated his enthusiasm & the deals he was trying to provide to O.R members... Without the sponsorship commitment, it was unfair to the other O.R partners

I am not advertising anything that is a conflict to any sponsor. It is a detailed report on new bikes just like the Tenere link I provided. But, because I work for KTM, it is advertising. ???? I understand where the thought is, but again... I was simply providing info. Honest.

If you truly "understand where the thought is"... Then why do you continue to argue so hard for your point, even though several of us have now gotten involved trying to assuage your concerns, & you claim to understand our side?? Is it because you still want to get your own way?

And btw... Aren't you the same guy who shut Meanie down for offering discounts on Oakley's, because it was a competitive situation with your vendors, & you felt like he was taking advantage of the system?? :dunno:

You creating this thread was the first dick move. Threatening to email Mid Ohio School and Ohio Motorcycle about your posts being deleted was another dick move. Comparing your shameless plugs for KTM to me supporting non-profits was another dick move. Should I keep going on?

Ben, I asked where it was when YOU mentioned it was not deleted. Saying it was not deleted after me telling everyone it was implied it was still up somewhere. Me asking where it was and then you going third grade PMS on me and using bold letters to make a condescending reply? Dick move.

you THEN suggesting something (you've since taken the liberty to avoid this topic) about the stuff I sell on here being somehow part of my job and to a point that you make it sound shady... Dick move.

I didn't know that Ohio Motorcycle dropped sponsorship. Since they have, it is a moot point.

The comparison to non profit is still the same. Non profit still requires people to spend money. They are being asked via advertising that they should do this or do that. You are doing it to generate money flow in. Whether or not the company is profit or non-profit makes no difference. It is still advertising. You take the liberty of making the decision that non-profit is allowed vs profit. That's your decision, but if they were to advertise in Cycle World, it would have cost money to do so and in fact, many companies that are non-profit use paid advertising as a selling tool to get people to come and donate money for their cause. It's not a dick move to talk about advertising in general and not the exceptions.

I am simply promoting a product that I believe in, sure. BUT, the difference here is that I am just sharing and not advertising. I provided info that had dealer names and prices. That not included, would it have passed? If it were simply text detailing the bikes with no pointing to a dealership or providing a price, would that have worked?

Again, acting civil here and asking. In an open and public forum, I am asking not only because I feel I was wronged to a degree, but also so everyone knows why it was deleted.

Call it a lesson...;)

Why don't you call him a dueche to while you're calling people names or have you used that already today?
Spell douche right if you're going to make fun of me. And I <3 you.
All I can see is a blue Kawasaki that no one owns.

Am I allowed to say Kawasaki?

Only if you follow it with "Ninja" really loud so everyone can here you. Else, you could just type Kawasaki.

Including the services you're offering in your sig, that we've allowed for quite some time & have yet to delete??

Ben can correct me if I'm wrong, or speaking out of line here... But at it's core, O.R is still about members helping members. If I post up something I found cheap, that I have no monetary interest in/benefit derived from... Then my motivation for providing said info isn't questionable

I hate to agree with Fonzie but every dog has his day.

Brian, your FS threads are the best on this site. Cool shit awesome prices,you never try and rip anybody off. The eagerness you have when helping people get into track riding is admirable.

On the other hand your post was an infomercial. As soon as the word "We" was used it became a sales pitch

• Upvote 2

And btw... Aren't you the same guy who shut Meanie down for offering discounts on Oakley's, because it was a competitive situation with your vendors, & you felt like he was taking advantage of the system?? :dunno:

Dude, get your shit straight. I didn't do anything. In fact, I suggested him to a dealer that could help him out after. If you don't have facts, why post such BS that is only going to stir shit up? Seriously.

• Upvote 1

Brian, your FS threads are the best on this site. Cool shit awesome prices,you never try and rip anybody off. The eagerness you have when helping people get into track riding is admirable.

On the other hand your post was an infomercial. As soon as the word "We" was used it became a sales pitch

Shitty-

If Someone had been nice enough to put it that way, I wouldn't be sitting here feeling like I need to defend everything I have ever said. I got Ben saying some side mouthed BS about that product I sell. I have people saying I caused a guy to get in trouble with Oakley, I have people STILL talking about shit that was stupid and over with by all parties involved.

I just feel like I am getting hammered and it is all BS.

I am going to say it here and now.

DELETE the thread here or put it in the "happy place" and let's forget about it. I am willing to see where it was wrong and have asked a couple of times to no answer (Unless posted after I read Shitty's post) as to the way it WOULD have been acceptable.

Is there ANY room for something like this where I can provide some insight? I'm not willing to pay to do editorials or product reviews.

I will talk to a few of my dealers, but doubt that is going to happen. I'll give it a shot.

Shitty, you need to be a mod. I am sorry to waste everyone's time.

+1. brian is a wealth of knowledge and an asset to any forum (well, most apparently) but be honest... that was clearly a press release for KTM.

It's awesome that you work for them, and I think we're all glad to have your knowledge on them (I know I did when I was making my mind up about my motard) but sponsorship isn't that much. It'll make the ass ache go away. Unless you're just bored and looking for a multipage flame party. And who doesn't like those every once in a while?