So, I get an infraction for letting you all know about bikes...

Moto-Brian

Something like the benefit thing you do, Ben where the organization isn't a sponsor, but you promote it...

BTW... Are you seriously comparing your sales pitch for bikes you sell... To not for profit charitable organizations like Children's Hospital, Japanese Tsunami relief (Ben just gave up $275 of his site funds/sponsorships last week because he believes in this cause so much), & the muriad of soldier's charities Ben tries to support on here?? :wtf::nono:

The difference is, they don't have vested monetary interest in the promotion & sales of the bikes they're posting about Brian. You're too smart a guy to play that dumb, & have it be believable

Again, is it not an asset at times to have industry people on here giving detailed info on bikes that might interest riders? This site is SUPPOSED to be a motorcycle site even though it is packed with politics and gun talk. I just thought to share my thoughts. You guys know I do that with other brands.

Just because I work for a company doesn't mean I am not able to give an unbiased opinion. Is the RC8R the best sportbike I have ever ridden? No. But, how many people on this board can write a detailed report on almost any machine that is out there? I've ridden a ton of bikes and can provide detailed thoughts on every one.

Again, wanted to share and give some insight that isn't going to come from somewhere else. There were seemingly a lot of people on this board that are into Adventure type bikes and of course, sportbikes. Am I able to be more detailed towards KTM than others? Sure! But, shouldn't that be something that is wanted on a motorcycle site?

There are a few other sites that are very welcoming to that idea. Guess not here. People don't matter - it is more about money. That's all good I guess...

Again, is it not an asset at times to have industry people on here giving detailed info on bikes that might interest riders? This site is SUPPOSED to be a motorcycle site even though it is packed with politics and gun talk. I just thought to share my thoughts. You guys know I do that with other brands.

Just because I work for a company doesn't mean I am not able to give an unbiased opinion. Is the RC8R the best sportbike I have ever ridden? No. But, how many people on this board can write a detailed report on almost any machine that is out there? I've ridden a ton of bikes and can provide detailed thoughts on every one.

Again, wanted to share and give some insight that isn't going to come from somewhere else. There were seemingly a lot of people on this board that are into Adventure type bikes and of course, sportbikes. Am I able to be more detailed towards KTM than others? Sure! But, shouldn't that be something that is wanted on a motorcycle site?

There are a few other sites that are very welcoming to that idea. Guess not here. People don't matter - it is more about money. That's all good I guess...

:nono:

That's pretty much my feeling about you, trying to pass off a detailed sales pitch for a product you sell as an honest non-biased review.

How about all of those new products you're always selling?

BTW... Are you seriously comparing your sales pitch for bikes you sell... To not for profit charitable organizations like Children's Hospital, Japanese Tsunami relief (Ben just gave up $275 of his site funds/sponsorships last week because he believes in this cause so much), & the muriad of soldier's charities Ben tries to support on here?? :wtf::nono:

Yeah, didn't you know I'm just all about the money?? :nono:

Don't use the soldier card, dude. That's total bullshit if you are going that route. The idea is that it shouldn't matter. The idea is that if you aren't going to allow promoting unless they are a sponsor, that's not fair. Equal playing field here...

What I am saying is that if it is his playground and he gets to make the rules as he goes, that's fine. I think it is unfair. Thus, the examples I provided and the signatures I listed. If they are going to go through and clean house, by all means.

All I am saying is that the rules need to be followed by everyone at every moment and no exceptions. If exceptions are made, my pitch is that I am someone that can provide some cool insight on what is going on in the industry.

Everyone is against it all until something cool comes around that they can take advantage of because they know I have a connection...

For example, I am willing to provide a VIP slot to Ben for our Race Orange Events at Mid-Ohio. He never took me up on that. That's more than a year's sponsorship.

I have also invited some to come ride for free at certain venues we are at and that too is money out of my budget that I get no return from.

The idea you all miss is that I want to share my experiences. I want to provide some details from the inside that you can't usually get until way later in the process.

But, again... If it is fair, I am OK with it. I am bummed as I thought it was cool to share, but now at this stage, you are making it sound I am anti-military. Crazy.

Big font since you aren't reading:

Nothing was deleted.

I have no problem with events being posted.

The majority of the thread (easily 90%) was advertising for KTM products.

Ohio Motorcycle is not a sponsor. Just a great shop we help out when we can, and they help us out with events.

Again, big fonts so you can read also - WHERE WAS IT MOVED? I DID A SEARCH AND FIND NOTHING...

No need to be a dick, Ben. I've been pretty fine in this thread. But, you want to go that route and be condescending, that's cool. But, that is you - not me...

So let's look at this from the other side of the table... How is it fair if we let you post about your product for free, when other dealers have felt O.R a valuable enough advertising avenue, to become partners with us & invest to become a sponsor? How is that a level playing field for our other corporate/dealer/site partners?? :dunno:

They pay a premium to partner with us, & in return, expect some exclusivity for their advertising investment

:nono:

That's pretty much my feeling about you, trying to pass off a detailed sales pitch for a product you sell as an honest non-biased review.

How about all of those new products you're always selling?

What are you freaking talking about? What, because I buy some stuff or stuff I have gathered along the years in the industry? Or, maybe it is stuff that people gave to me due to the fact they owe me money?

You bought some "new product" from me, remember? That was fine then and now I don't want to know what you are suggesting, but tell us more.

What are you trying to say?

As for the non biased opinion, where was there any bias? In that article, it was detailed info. There was some suggestion that people think KTMs are more expensive and cost more to operate and I used examples of how they are not that far off as people think... That's education, Ben. Not opinion...

Again, big fonts so you can read also - WHERE WAS IT MOVED? I DID A SEARCH AND FIND NOTHING...

No need to be a dick, Ben. I've been pretty fine in this thread. But, you want to go that route and be condescending, that's cool. But, that is you - not me...

It was moved to a section you can't see

So let's look at this from the other side of the table... How is it fair if we let you post about your product for free, when other dealers have felt O.R a valuable enough advertising avenue, to become partners with us & invest to become a sponsor? How is that a level playing field for our other corporate/dealer/site partners?? :dunno:

They pay a premium to partner with us, & in return, expect some exclusivity for their advertising investment

That's fine. If that is the case, the mods need to remove any signature that has companies not supporting the site and they need to treat every sponsor the same.

Ohio motorcycle USED to be a sponsor I guess. I thought they still were. The only OEM dealer is Iron Pony.

The funny thing as that example is a good one to use is when you get people providing links to great deals that essentially go against the site sponsors.

Why don't the mods say that posting a link to Rider's Discount for a helmet is something of a conflict with Iron Pony advertising? Why do they allow people on here to have sigs that have links to companies that are not sponsors? That's a violation, correct? If they are going to treat everyone the same, they need to do just that.

I am not advertising anything that is a conflict to any sponsor. It is a detailed report on new bikes just like the Tenere link I provided. But, because I work for KTM, it is advertising. ???? I understand where the thought is, but again... I was simply providing info. Honest.

Don't use the soldier card, dude. That's total bullshit if you are going that route. The idea is that it shouldn't matter. The idea is that if you aren't going to allow promoting unless they are a sponsor, that's not fair. Equal playing field here...

What I am saying is that if it is his playground and he gets to make the rules as he goes, that's fine. I think it is unfair. Thus, the examples I provided and the signatures I listed. If they are going to go through and clean house, by all means.

All I am saying is that the rules need to be followed by everyone at every moment and no exceptions. If exceptions are made, my pitch is that I am someone that can provide some cool insight on what is going on in the industry.

Everyone is against it all until something cool comes around that they can take advantage of because they know I have a connection...

For example, I am willing to provide a VIP slot to Ben for our Race Orange Events at Mid-Ohio. He never took me up on that. That's more than a year's sponsorship.

I have also invited some to come ride for free at certain venues we are at and that too is money out of my budget that I get no return from.

The idea you all miss is that I want to share my experiences. I want to provide some details from the inside that you can't usually get until way later in the process.

But, again... If it is fair, I am OK with it. I am bummed as I thought it was cool to share, but now at this stage, you are making it sound I am anti-military. Crazy.

Non-profit is not the same as for profit. You know that right?

Whenever something is reported, the mods/admins review it. Lots of your posts get reported as spamming, but we usually let it slide. This one was over the top.

NESBA offered me a free track day too, that I didn't take. I don't remember you offering me the KTM VIP thing, but I wouldn't have accepted it either. I'd tell you the same thing I told NESBA, let us give it away to a member instead. See, this isn't my playground. This is everyone's playground. I look out for the best interest of the members of this site, not the sellers/advertisers and not myself. Successful sponsors on here take care of the members. Sponsors who don't aren't asked to renew.

Now if you want to work out a deal with Ohio Motorcycle for sponsorship, and advertise KTMs through them, that's A-OK.

• Upvote 1

Brian The info was all about KTM. If you want to post stuff like that maybe talk to one of your dealership that is a sponsor and post the information under their section. Problem solved.

• Upvote 1

Don't use the soldier card, dude. That's total bullshit if you are going that route... you are making it sound I am anti-military. Crazy.

I included several other examples too, but this is the one you balk at? :confused:

And... You're the one who brought up the NFP charities that Ben likes to support for free, or at his cost, on his site... Not me

If you're gonna open the door... Be prepared for someone to walk through it

I promise not to tell anyone of the myriad ways my company can add value to a 20ton coil of steel you may have sitting around, e.g. annealing it, galvanizing it, slitting it to your specs; nor will I extol the virtues of the great cylinder products we make, and how they're A LOT better than that other company's crap cylinders.

I promise.

;)

• Upvote 1

I promise not to tell anyone of the myriad ways my company can add value to a 20ton coil of steel you may have sitting around, e.g. annealing it, galvanizing it, slitting it to your specs; nor will I extol the virtues of the great cylinder products we make, and how they're A LOT better than that other company's crap cylinders.

I promise.

;)

I would like to hear more about this, can you start a new thread?

• Upvote 1

You creating this thread was the first dick move. Threatening to email Mid Ohio School and Ohio Motorcycle about your posts being deleted was another dick move. Comparing your shameless plugs for KTM to me supporting non-profits was another dick move. Should I keep going on?

That's fine. If that is the case, the mods need to remove any signature that has companies not supporting the site and they need to treat ev.

We do. That's why my magical box is so full! I don't think you realize how many times we have asked people to remove stuff or just moved it and sent a notification like we did with you. You are just the first person to get this butt hurt over it. Normally we he back a my bad sorry ill look into a sponsorship thanks.