So, I get an infraction for letting you all know about bikes...

Moto-Brian

Shitty-

If Someone had been nice enough to put it that way, I wouldn't be sitting here feeling like I need to defend everything I have ever said. I got Ben saying some side mouthed BS about that product I sell. I have people saying I caused a guy to get in trouble with Oakley, I have people STILL talking about shit that was stupid and over with by all parties involved.

I just feel like I am getting hammered and it is all BS.

I am going to say it here and now.

DELETE the thread here or put it in the "happy place" and let's forget about it. I am willing to see where it was wrong and have asked a couple of times to no answer (Unless posted after I read Shitty's post) as to the way it WOULD have been acceptable.

Is there ANY room for something like this where I can provide some insight? I'm not willing to pay to do editorials or product reviews.

I will talk to a few of my dealers, but doubt that is going to happen. I'll give it a shot.

Shitty, you need to be a mod. I am sorry to waste everyone's time.

Brian-

Why didn't you pm Ben or ask him why? No you jumped all over him with this thread.

• Upvote 1

Ben, I asked where it was when YOU mentioned it was not deleted. Saying it was not deleted after me telling everyone it was implied it was still up somewhere. Me asking where it was and then you going third grade PMS on me and using bold letters to make a condescending reply? Dick move.

you THEN suggesting something (you've since taken the liberty to avoid this topic) about the stuff I sell on here being somehow part of my job and to a point that you make it sound shady... Dick move.

I didn't know that Ohio Motorcycle dropped sponsorship. Since they have, it is a moot point.

The comparison to non profit is still the same. Non profit still requires people to spend money. They are being asked via advertising that they should do this or do that. You are doing it to generate money flow in. Whether or not the company is profit or non-profit makes no difference. It is still advertising. You take the liberty of making the decision that non-profit is allowed vs profit. That's your decision, but if they were to advertise in Cycle World, it would have cost money to do so and in fact, many companies that are non-profit use paid advertising as a selling tool to get people to come and donate money for their cause. It's not a dick move to talk about advertising in general and not the exceptions.

I am simply promoting a product that I believe in, sure. BUT, the difference here is that I am just sharing and not advertising. I provided info that had dealer names and prices. That not included, would it have passed? If it were simply text detailing the bikes with no pointing to a dealership or providing a price, would that have worked?

Again, acting civil here and asking. In an open and public forum, I am asking not only because I feel I was wronged to a degree, but also so everyone knows why it was deleted.

Call it a lesson...;)

Nothing was deleted. You keep saying that. There's a lot on this site you can't see. Doesn't mean it's deleted. We don't delete anything.

Pretty sure you told me before a lot of the stuff you sell on here are demo items given to you as a rep. They're great deals for the members, so they stay. Yeah I bought a pair of riding shoes/boots from you. Good deal. Half price new in the box. Pretty sure you said they were a demo.

Ohio Motorcycle didn't drop sponsorship. The never were an official sponsor. Again, as I've stated a couple times now, they're just a great shop that I support. They help us with events. Rick and Dave are great people. But they have never officially been a sponsor of Ohio Riders. They hook us up with food and a place to do events, and offer pretty good deals to OR members.

This non-profit thing is getting old. I'm on the board of directors for Ohio Motorcyclists for Children. We have ZERO paid positions. Everything is 100% volunteer. Every penny we raise goes to charity. You cannot compare that to you trying to advertise for KTM. You just can't. When it comes to advertising, we didn't pay for our TV and radio spots for Roll On Columbus last year. It was free. As for magazines, we had ads in three for free. We also had a spot in the dispatch, also free.

Dude, get your shit straight. I didn't do anything. In fact, I suggested him to a dealer that could help him out after. If you don't have facts, why post such BS that is only going to stir shit up? Seriously.

To be honest, he did suggest a dealer. (I didn't use it) As for him being the one that got me shut down.....the jury is still out.

For the record, I was not making any money what so ever off those glasses. I was quoting exactly what I was quoted.

Brian has been on my ignore list since the incident, but this thread is freakin awesome. his ignore has been revoked temporarily.

Carry on.

Shitty-

If Someone had been nice enough to put it that way, I wouldn't be sitting here feeling like I need to defend everything I have ever said. I got Ben saying some side mouthed BS about that product I sell. I have people saying I caused a guy to get in trouble with Oakley, I have people STILL talking about shit that was stupid and over with by all parties involved.

I just feel like I am getting hammered and it is all BS.

I am going to say it here and now.

DELETE the thread here or put it in the "happy place" and let's forget about it. I am willing to see where it was wrong and have asked a couple of times to no answer (Unless posted after I read Shitty's post) as to the way it WOULD have been acceptable.

Is there ANY room for something like this where I can provide some insight? I'm not willing to pay to do editorials or product reviews.

I will talk to a few of my dealers, but doubt that is going to happen. I'll give it a shot.

Shitty, you need to be a mod. I am sorry to waste everyone's time.

Non-profit is not the same as for profit. You know that right?

Whenever something is reported, the mods/admins review it. Lots of your posts get reported as spamming, but we usually let it slide. This one was over the top.

NESBA offered me a free track day too, that I didn't take. I don't remember you offering me the KTM VIP thing, but I wouldn't have accepted it either. I'd tell you the same thing I told NESBA, let us give it away to a member instead. See, this isn't my playground. This is everyone's playground. I look out for the best interest of the members of this site, not the sellers/advertisers and not myself. Successful sponsors on here take care of the members. Sponsors who don't aren't asked to renew.

Now if you want to work out a deal with Ohio Motorcycle for sponsorship, and advertise KTMs through them, that's A-OK.

Three or four pages back. Post number 41.

If you just want to do honest reviews of bikes, that's fine. I'd do one thread per bike, and not just bikes you sell. Else again comes the problem with being biased and spamming. Honest reviews don't include dealership info for your clients, and include other bikes than just KTM. You reviewed the 990s in that thread. Have you ever even been on a dual sport trip? Your "review" wasn't an honest review. It was just saying "hey our product rocks".

The Adventure 990s:

For 2011, we maintain our trusty 990 Adventure. This is the platform by which a LOT of other companies have now copied or have FINALLY stepped up and offered. We have been at the Dakar race since the start and have dominated the race series. These are bikes designed to be put through almost any extreme. I have personally ridden them on twisty roads, gravel roads, sand covered roads, slick rock and off road. They can handle anything and even though their size may intimidate some riders, the bikes are some of the most well balanced bikes I have ridden.

Very light on their feet, have GREAT protection against the issues facing off road riding, have great weight distribution and offer power when needed. Other features are included on some models, but I prefer the "R" model w/o ABS and softer seat.

In the end, we offer three models of Adventure 990.

First up, our trusty Adventure 990 Standard. Gloss white paint as the only color option and has retained such features as on/off ABS, 106 hp, fully adjustable WPS suspension, lockable storage compartments, 12V accessory socket.

Retail is $14,899.

Here, the Adventure 990 standard is equipped with hard shell KTM Power Parts luggage and crash bars:

90941071d.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Next, the Adventure 990 R. This year, we took and addressed the biggest issue with the R model - seat height. We had so many people wanting this bike for several reasons, but the biggest drawback was seat height. For 2011, we reduced the seat height almost 1/5 inches!

The thing with the R model is that it has a more powerful motor (115 vs the standard 106). We also reduced suspension travel, but it still is an increase over the standard. It now is 248mm of travel front and rear vs the standard's 210mm front and rear.It is also lighter than the standard.

The biggest thing for me is that the R model does NOT have ABS. If you are at all serious about off road, having ABS can hinder what you do. While the standard has selectable ABS, it will still kick back on when the bike is off the ground. The R Model will not have this issue. It has stiffer suspension and with the longer travel, this is a hard core machine that will take you places you had no idea.

Retail is $14,999.

2011ktm990adventurerdsm.jpg

Finally, the Adventure 990 Dakar Edition.

This has been a BIG hit in terms of colors and options. We have decided to acknowledge KTM's dominance of the Dakar series by offering a 2011 Dakar Edition Adventure. It retains all the same features and components that the standard has in terms of ABS, compartment locks, travel, seat height, etc., but adds in the R Model's hot motor.

Additional features are:

-Dakar blue paint

-KTM Orange crash bars

-Updated orange hand guards

-Rally style seat with non slip suede style cover

Retail on the Dakar model is $15,499

ktmadventure990dakardak.jpg

More in the next post....

There's not a single "review" in there.

I am officially not getting anything done at work now. I saw the OP come up before any replies and I have just been hitting refresh. This is better than Jersey Shore :p

haha I am doing the exact same thing...

Dude, get your shit straight. I didn't do anything. In fact, I suggested him to a dealer that could help him out after. If you don't have facts, why post such BS that is only going to stir shit up? Seriously.

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=60904&highlight=oakley&page=2

You are abusing the system that has been setup by Oakley, but it takes two to get that accomplished and they obviously are willing to do so.

I received an email tonight from the company I have been getting the Oakley's from stating they got word I was "reselling" the glasses and they would no longer offer the discounted prices. I have a real good idea who sent the message or made the call that ended the discounts. I just want to make this very clear, I made no profit off the glasses what-so-ever. The price I was quoted was the price that was offered. The only thing I asked was that everyone who placed an order paid $6 for shipping. I was offering it to help out other people from OR that were interested. But obviously someone was pissed because I was possibly taking away potential business from someone else.

Is my shit factually straight enough for you now Brian?

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=60904&highlight=oakley&page=2

Is my shit factually straight enough for you now Brian?

Cannot read your link for some reason. Yes, I stated that. But, to state that and for you to ASSUME that I called Oakley and directed them to this guy is a completely different story.

I gave him a heads up. You might want to think things through and look at the sponsors on here and put two and two together... Just an idea before you lay blame where it doesn't belong...

Nothing was deleted. You keep saying that. There's a lot on this site you can't see. Doesn't mean it's deleted. We don't delete anything.

Pretty sure you told me before a lot of the stuff you sell on here are demo items given to you as a rep. They're great deals for the members, so they stay. Yeah I bought a pair of riding shoes/boots from you. Good deal. Half price new in the box. Pretty sure you said they were a demo.

Ohio Motorcycle didn't drop sponsorship. The never were an official sponsor. Again, as I've stated a couple times now, they're just a great shop that I support. They help us with events. Rick and Dave are great people. But they have never officially been a sponsor of Ohio Riders. They hook us up with food and a place to do events, and offer pretty good deals to OR members.

This non-profit thing is getting old. I'm on the board of directors for Ohio Motorcyclists for Children. We have ZERO paid positions. Everything is 100% volunteer. Every penny we raise goes to charity. You cannot compare that to you trying to advertise for KTM. You just can't. When it comes to advertising, we didn't pay for our TV and radio spots for Roll On Columbus last year. It was free. As for magazines, we had ads in three for free. We also had a spot in the dispatch, also free.

You were making it sound a little different in the post when you first brought this up. Yes, when I was with Fox/SHIFT I provided a slew of stuff for everyone to take advantage of at MY COST of stuff. Demo isn't the right word as they were either samples at a reduced cost that I passed on to you guys to essentially simply cover my expenses.

Now, there are no samples. I have passed on my discount to a select few folks that needed some parts for their bikes, but you were making it sound like I was doing something sketchy. Not at all.

My helmets have all been used or if new, from someone that owed me money. Some stuff is new from sponsors that I have not used, but again... Passing along the deals.

I'm done arguing with you on the advertising. I'm tired of arguing over a deleted thread vs. hidden thread that nobody can see other than mods. Sorry to ruffle feathers.

Can it be done now or am I gonna need to keep defending the BS that is spewing from some people?