Where do you store your ammo?

Gump

Ammo cans

1. It's sealed and keeps air out. Lasts longer.

2. It's sealed and keeps water/humidity out. Lasts longer.

3. It's sealed and is safe in a fire. In a fire the springy top will let gas out without the trauma of pieces of metal flying all around.

good point. I was thinking plastic totes from dollar general and stick them in the basement since a fire, the fire department would just flood the basement. i need to hit up a army navy store. I have one ammo can but it's full and not very big.

In the guns, a few rounds next to the guns, ammo cans under my bed, and some military grade 12 gauge 00 buckshot on one of those belt thingies hanging on the back of my door

This is a chic?!?!? Awsome!!

I keep "extra" in ammo cans... Buckeye outdoors $8 bucks a piece!

Ammo cans

1. It's sealed and keeps air out. Lasts longer.

2. It's sealed and keeps water/humidity out. Lasts longer.

3. It's sealed and is safe in a fire. In a fire the springy top will let gas out without the trauma of pieces of metal flying all around.

I've found this to not be the case with some ammo. I now zip lock and spray the ammo with a light oil inside an ammo case to reduce corrosion. The boxes themselves get put in places where fire is least likely to reach them. Don't need a bunch of fire fighters running the other way while my house burns down.:rolleyes:

Doesn't that affect the springs after a while?:confused:

Loading a magazine while being shot at sucks.

I've heard both, that leaving them compressed hurts them. Or it's the loading, unloading and reloading of the springs that wears them out. I don't care to much. Like I said, an empty magazine does no good.

• Upvote 1

Modern mag spring are pretty tough. I have a couple dozen m16 mags for the M4's loaded at any given time. The failures in feeding that come from a "bad mag" are mote often the boby of the mag failing (broken weld on the back) or sticking follower. I store most ammo in .50 and .30 cal ammo cans like several other do here. My Federal Match for my .308 is mostly still in the origional boxes, not counting the 100 rounds or so in the drag bag and the rounds stowed on my rifle it's self.