riding footwear for sportbikes

Jamez

its for all the squids who think flip flops are fine and may view this thread in the future ;)

sometimes you dont really realize what can happen until you see it.

You can't save em all. I just wear my gear, if someone asks me I'll tell them, wear the gear. Just sayin, at one point it's just instilling fear. Shit happens we all know this. If you don't know this your dumb.

• Upvote 1

I Have some Joe Rocket "big bang"boots...they are perfect for me because I have very wide feet plus they are styled for sport and cruiser...they were very stiff at first but wore in quickly..i think they are around $100 but I got mine for $50 on e-gay

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/image/path/5320/Default.jpg

Edited by 2talltim

Just bought Icon Field Armors - $125 from motosport.com

They were damn stiff out of the box, but the more I wear them the better they feel.

These cover your ankle and partial calf too - defintely a good buy for those of us less financially comfortable.

• Upvote 1

Its not that I don't want the gear, I have a nagging wife and a fat mortgage.

I know safety is first I was just asking about cheaper options. Pardon me if I have bills and can't drop 300 bucks at the drop of a hat everytime I think I need or want something.

That being said

How do riding boots normally fit size wise? I wear 10 1/2 adidas. Do they usually size the same or bigger/smaller

I Have no issues with wearing it, if the boots were 5 dollars I would have bought a pair for everyday of the week and never would have started this thread.

Thanks

Edited by Jamez

Its not that I don't want the gear, I have a nagging wife and a fat mortgage.

I know safety is first I was just asking about cheaper options. Pardon me if I have bills and can't drop 300 bucks at the drop of a hat everytime I think I need or want something.

That being said

How do riding boots normally fit size wise? I wear 10 1/2 adidas. Do they usually size the same or bigger/smaller

Thanks

Hell the boots I have for the street cost me $30 and are way nicer than work boots. Get the gear you can afford.

Depends on the brand, most run true to size.

my dumb what?

I wasn't saying you are dumb. I was saying if a person doesn't already know that a motorcycle comes with the potential of getting hurt then they are dumb.

Point being, we get it, you can get hurt, even more so if you don't wear your gear. Pic of someone's bone sticking out of their ankle unnecessary. That's all

I almost got them til I tried them on, didn't seem that much better than the work boots I was using which is why I took a step up to the A* SMX 2

How do alpine stars fit size wise? pretty true to sneaker size?

ill probably order boots online cause thats where they seem to be cheapest. last thing i want is to order boots that i cant wear. and i dont feel like driving an hour and 1/2 just to try on boots at a cycle shop

ill probably order boots online cause thats where they seem to be cheapest. last thing i want is to order boots that i cant wear. and i dont feel like driving an hour and 1/2 just to try on boots at a cycle shop

i wear 13 in Nike, Adidas and Rockports and my A* boots are 12.5 and fit great, I could probably even do a 12. I have wide feet so its hard to find a good fit in a lot of shoes but I have zero complaints on these

I found the AlpineStars to be about a 1/2 size small. I normally wear a 9 1/2 size tennis shoe and I had to buy a size 10 set of Alpinestar Ridge boots. I am not sure if they make them anymore but the price was pretty good ~130 at Iron Pony. I have had them for about 3 years and they have worn pretty well. They are no race boot but they offer good protection for street driving.

Shad

That much for a shoe? I'd drop the $31 more and get a boot like Sidi Fusion or something. Jeans go right over them and they make you feel more like 1 with the bike. I love riding boots.

I wear 13 in Nike's and 14 in Sidi's.

notice how the price keeps creeping upwards the longer the thread continues

J/K i appreciate the advise

also alpine stars have sizes 38,39,40,41...

wtf is that? cant be inches or mm, mabe centimeters?

retarded

Edited by Jamez

notice how the price keeps creeping upwards the longer the thread continues

J/K i appreciate the advise

also alpine stars have sizes 38,39,40,41...

wtf is that? cant be inches or mm, mabe centimeters?

retarded

48 is 12.5 i'm pretty sure. So every number down is a half size, ie 47=12, 46=11.5 and so on

go to google maps, type in your city, then look for "motorcycle" nearby. i guarantee you will find some dealer or shop within 30 minutes of driving distance that you could try on some gear at.

go to google maps, type in your city, then look for "motorcycle" nearby. i guarantee you will find some dealer or shop within 30 minutes of driving distance that you could try on some gear at.

where in "north cincy" might you be? A trip to Iron Pony is well worth it in my opinion, but I might know a shop or two in the area that may carry A* boots.