A short description of the different rides

Likwid

Uncle Pink was a PI Marine? I musta missed that but it explains many things. :D

2nd Battalion. Platoon 2071 for me. Quite a few years later though. 0311 soon after and a few more after that.

Recon Run:

ride solo

only stop for gas

no peeing unless stopping for gas

no water unless stopping for gas

gas tank range 200-320 (idiot light to empty)

repeat

ambush group rides by hiding along the route where possible

if tired, slab home on freeway and sleep on tank

I thought all Marines spent a tour on Okinawa, or nearby. Most of them, anyway.

Edited by ReconRat

Old because we are close to the same age, I might even be a few months older. I kind of remember the three of us being in boot camp about the same time, but I have slept since then so I am not responsible for how I remember things. I went in a year after I graduated in August 1981, 1st battalion right on the parade deck, platoon 1071. I wasn't an air winger though, 2111 small arms repair/armorer.

You don't need my endorsement about your riding skills they will be quite evident if anyone rides with you and your next ride is a great route, I hope you have a good and safe turnout.

You are correct, went in October 1981, 1st Battalion Platoon 1095 but I was on the other coast. Hollywood Marine :cool:

I trailered down to a CSBA ride last summer and cannot recommend enough to anyone that has a chance to ride with them to do it. I will probably make it down to do a 10/22 ride this year but I don't know if it will be with the AFJ, those guys sound crazy.

All are welcome at CSBA and we want all to attend....... Tod if you do a 10/22 ride I'll meet ya somewhere and trailer with ya an split the gas. I think we should do it with the AFJ just to see too.
I've been wanting to ride the the CSBA guys' date=' but I'm concerned that the lightning strikes that will ensue might injure an innocent. The last time I was in a church, lightning hit the steeple. No bullshit. The Reverend said there was a lighting rod inside of it, but still... I know it was because I was there. :eek:[/quote']

Come with us Paulie

Old because we are close to the same age, I might even be a few months older. I kind of remember the three of us being in boot camp about the same time, but I have slept since then so I am not responsible for how I remember things. I went in a year after I graduated in August 1981, 1st battalion right on the parade deck, platoon 1071. I wasn't an air winger though, 2111 small arms repair/armorer.

You don't need my endorsement about your riding skills they will be quite evident if anyone rides with you and your next ride is a great route, I hope you have a good and safe turnout.

Wow, you guys ARE OLD!!! :lol:

Both of you guys are great riders and leaders. I just hope you never plan a different ride on the same day. I would have to flip a coin, love riding with both

Tod if you do a 10/22 ride I'll meet ya somewhere and trailer with ya an split the gas. I think we should do it with the AFJ just to see too.

I could stop on the way down but I think if I do go down I will leave late the night before and get a room. It's probably a four hour drive for me pulling a trailer, even longer heading your way first. I'll pick you up no problem but you have to get your own room, I hate sharing a room with people.

Both of you guys are great riders and leaders. I just hope you never plan a different ride on the same day. I would have to flip a coin, love riding with both

There is a difference, he plans a lunch stop. I don't to help keep out the riffraff but it doesn't always work.

or my personally favorite.... EVERY stop "Guys.... it's not raining in [insert any random city name]... we could be there in '4 hours"

It was amazing, no matter WHERE it was, it was only 4 hours away :)

:lol: