What is the rarest bike you have ever owned/seen?

Ringo

Why do we keep posting in his threads...?

Entertainment.

From Howard Stern's movie, regarding why people listen to his show:

Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.

Pig Vomit: How can that be?

Researcher: Answer most commonly given? "I want to see what he'll say next."

Pig Vomit: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?

Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.

Pig Vomit: But... if they hate him, why do they listen?

Researcher: Most common answer? "I want to see what he'll say next."

I have no clue what year but some guy I bought some stuff from in Germantown had one of these along with a vespa

3486697849_8e7589b231_b.jpg

I'm not an old-bike guy, nor a BMW guy, but theres a place called Scooter Source near me, and he had one of these in the shop. I think he later had it on consignment for the owner (trying to sell it). It has/ had a sidecar. Absolutely beautifully restored. I'm not a good collector, worrying about scratches, mileage on the clock, etc.

Edit: Whoops. Not as old. $3500?? Hmmmm. Maybe I can become a collector... Nothing about a sidecar, though. Probably for the best. I'd forget about it, and ride with the passenger across the yellow line. Whats that old joke? "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather did. Not screaming like the rest of the people in his car"?

http://scootersourceinc.com/?paged=2

Edited by YSR_Racer_99

That's def'ly a 60's, prolly 67-69 'Slash 2'.

I used to be big into the /5's. By no means rare, this was my '71:

picture.php?albumid=745&pictureid=8026

I've not owned anything I consider 'rare', but all of my bikes seem(ed) to be a bit more uncommon to come across on the road...

Earlier Hinckley Speed Triple (carburated):

picture.php?albumid=745&pictureid=13805

aprilia V4 (V2 Tuono and V2 Mille):

picture.php?albumid=745&pictureid=13752

^^^ Thats a sweet looking ride - I like rare bikes, makes ownership that much more proud.

My last bike was a '97 YZF1000R ( U.S. daddy to R1 ) and for the 6 years I had it, only knew of 3 others this side of Ohio.

Gorgeous bike with timeless look, stripped it of all badges and most guys swore it looked alot newer than it was - it was almost as big as my ZX14 and a comfy ride for its class. Bike of the year in '97 and after seeing it new then, had to have one.

Rare bikes aren't all their cacked up to be when you need parts though;) Most parts needed shipped in from UK - they made this bike up through '03 I believe - it was way popular overseas.