What is the rarest bike you have ever owned/seen?

Ringo

Never owned anything rare, but I've had some close encounters with a couple cool bikes:

1968 Norton Commando 750. My ex's parents had a friend in CA who restored it. Had it up to 95 with me riding bitch! It burned just a little bit of oil until it warmed up, and then ran flawlessly.

2008/09(?) Ducati Desmosedici. It was right when they had first come out, and some guy had it at my 3rd & 4th trackday ever. This was at BeaveRun in early May of 2008. He was really cool about people dropping by the garage to eye the bike up. I guess anyone willing to actually RIDE something that expensive at any kind of pace probably figures "they can't screw it up by looking at it."

I saw a cool MV at Mid-Ohio last year too. The one that's in 'The Dark Knight.' The M4 or something? I never looked up the model. The little engineering 'differences' are what make MV's kind of neat to me. Things like the front axle releasing through the bottom of hinged forks rather than sliding out the side.

I remember the Desmo at Beaver, he really wasn't taking it easy on that thing either.

I thought I overheard someone say that it actually belonged to a friend of his. The owner was there, but not riding the bike.

I need friends like that.

I had an '85 Honda VF1000F that I ended up having to sell after losing my job back in 2001. Had never seen another one in person until Mid-Ohio races last year somebody rode one in. Spent almost 20 minutes staring at it trying to figure out if it was my old one or not, don't think it was. I couldn't find any of the scratches I knew mine had. :D

My current bike, the Ducati SportClassic is not quite as rare but still something that you almost never see anywhere. I know of at least 6 in Columbus but only 1 other in the same color.:cool:

owned? 01 XX

88968053903441428863508FF0A770F5.jpg

ridden? Henderson KJ

Henderson-KJ-1929-HK%40P2P-Ken-013.jpg

seen? toss up between Y2K @ bike night in columbus georgia or bimota tesi on the way back from LA.

Y2K_Bike-500x357.jpg

2007-Bimota-Tesi-3D1.jpg

unless you consider this a bike (which I don't) I think there is only one, and i've seen it on a trailer on my way to marysville.

IMG_0957.JPG

Edited by magley64

Seen a pair of Ariel Square Fours touring British bike shops on a weekend, looking for parts.

I don't think they found anything they could use...

I forgot I had seen one of those up at the vintage weekend in 09 at Mid-O. That and a turbocharged Honda CBX. I could only wish to have ridden or owned either machine. :bow:

PICT4666.jpg

PICT4662.jpg

I forgot I had seen one of those up at the vintage weekend in 09 at Mid-O. That and a turbocharged Honda CBX. I could only wish to have ridden or owned either machine. :bow:

PICT4666.jpg

PICT4662.jpg

That cbx is called dog and we helped build it. Its actually pretty quick now but the owner is an asswhole lol.

you the guy who couldnt keep up otw to gahanna? :p

the guy who waited for the rest of our crew. make sure you get my# i'll be around you can get a piece of the r1 if you like.:D im always game but hopefully my bike isnt fucking around this next time. :mad: