New Bike Recommendations. ideas...

accel_is_my_drug

A CBR1100xx,,, Never thought about the blackbird, time to do some research.....

Are these, size-wise, a big bike like the busa or ZX14?

Will they handle better than the VFR?

What sort of recalls or reliability issues does the SV1000 have? Any owners like to share some info?

Maybe I just need to spend more time looking for a 2001 VFR800. FI, and the cams are still gear driven.. save extra cash for suspension upgrades....

Size-wise they are not as big feeling as a busa, to me they feel more like a zx-10. You can get them pretty cheap too, they have really nuetral steering and are a very comfortable bike, my friends call mine the couch :p. I could do a long ride with her, or keep up with the fast guys, mine is now a tooth down in the front and it runs like a raped ape. It is a big bike but handles way better than a busa or a zx14. Honda knows there shit.

I think I may be sticking with a VFR, or perhaps a little set of risers on a CBR.....

The cbr is very comfortable if your talking about the blackbird. I ride mine with the stock bars and its comfortable and they make a different set of bars for an even more setup. First time i road the bike was on a 9 hour ride on a friends blackbird with the "comfy" bars and it was no stress or aches.

I think I may be sticking with a VFR, or perhaps a little set of risers on a CBR.....

good choice!

The cbr is very comfortable if your talking about the blackbird. I ride mine with the stock bars and its comfortable and they make a different set of bars for an even more setup. First time i road the bike was on a 9 hour ride on a friends blackbird with the "comfy" bars and it was no stress or aches.

adding stock VFR clip-ons are supposed to be a very common and comfortable upgrade for the blackbird

I like the SV1K more than I thought I would. The suspension is pretty good for twisties once you get it dialed in. Not full sportbike stiff, but good enough for spirited cornering. The motor is is strong across the whole rev range.

Size-wise they are not as big feeling as a busa, to me they feel more like a zx-10. You can get them pretty cheap too, they have really nuetral steering and are a very comfortable bike, my friends call mine the couch :p. I could do a long ride with her, or keep up with the fast guys, mine is now a tooth down in the front and it runs like a raped ape. It is a big bike but handles way better than a busa or a zx14. Honda knows there shit.

And conveniently trumped by a VFR 800 in almost every category except outright speed...

Yeah, Honda does know their shit.

Also, I know a large bear around here that rides a ZX-14. He would probably take you up on that bet that the ol' Bird can easily outhandle a 14. :lol: