how do you conceal?

JStump

so i just got my ccw and have been thinking about how i want to use it, originally i was just going to throw my gun in my glove box and leave it at that but i realized that shit doesnt just go down in or around your car so now im looking for a holster to carry it. so my question is how do you guys conceal your guns? and what would the best option be for me? im 5'10" 135lbs so im not a big guy, i was thinking the tuck holster would be best but im not sure. what do you guys think?

Dream-Mousse-Concealer_open.jpg

That takes care of most of my issues, but I cake on the foundation. I digress...

5'10" 135lbs :eek: You should worry about getting food before you worry about holsters!

But seriously... what kind of gun do you have? Full frame you're probably looking at an IWB or shoulder for the best concealment. If you have a compact, you could get away with an in-the-pocket holster if it's small enough. Thats where I normally keep my LCP.

so i just got my ccw and have been thinking about how i want to use it, originally i was just going to throw my gun in my glove box and leave it at that but i realized that shit doesnt just go down in or around your car so now im looking for a holster to carry it. so my question is how do you guys conceal your guns? and what would the best option be for me? im 5'10" 135lbs so im not a big guy, i was thinking the tuck holster would be best but im not sure. what do you guys think?

I think I remember reading in some other thread that Ohio law says your gun MUST be in a holster regardless... I'm not positive though, just check to be sure!

I think I remember reading in some other thread that Ohio law says your gun MUST be in a holster regardless... I'm not positive though, just check to be sure!

so long as its in the glove box or the center console, it does not need to be holstered. The only other place you can legally have it in a vehicle is on your person in a holster.

Now this is what I learned before the resturant carry bill thing went through and I vaguely recall hearing that vehicle rules were going to be loosened but to what extent I don't know

so long as its in the glove box or the center console, it does not need to be holstered. The only other place you can legally have it in a vehicle is on your person in a holster.

Now this is what I learned before the resturant carry bill thing went through and I vaguely recall hearing that vehicle rules were going to be loosened but to what extent I don't know

From what I have been told it is required to be in a holster in a vehicle even if its in the glove box or console.

Edited by conn-e-rot
rewording

It is required to be in a holster in a vehicle even if its in the glove box or console

No. Only if it is on your person does it need to be in a holster.

2923.16 Improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle.

(A) No person shall knowingly discharge a firearm while in or on a motor vehicle.

(B) No person shall knowingly transport or have a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle in such a manner that the firearm is accessible to the operator or any passenger without leaving the vehicle.

© No person shall knowingly transport or have a firearm in a motor vehicle, unless the person may lawfully possess that firearm under applicable law of this state or the United States, the firearm is unloaded, and the firearm is carried in one of the following ways:

(1) In a closed package, box, or case;

(2) In a compartment that can be reached only by leaving the vehicle;

(3) In plain sight and secured in a rack or holder made for the purpose;

(4) If the firearm is at least twenty-four inches in overall length as measured from the muzzle to the part of the stock furthest from the muzzle and if the barrel is at least eighteen inches in length, either in plain sight with the action open or the weapon stripped, or, if the firearm is of a type on which the action will not stay open or which cannot easily be stripped, in plain sight.

(D) No person shall knowingly transport or have a loaded handgun in a motor vehicle if, at the time of that transportation or possession, any of the following applies:

(1) The person is under the influence of alcohol, a drug of abuse, or a combination of them.

(2) The person’s whole blood, blood serum or plasma, breath, or urine contains a concentration of alcohol, a listed controlled substance, or a listed metabolite of a controlled substance prohibited for persons operating a vehicle, as specified in division (A) of section 4511.19 of the Revised Code, regardless of whether the person at the time of the transportation or possession as described in this division is the operator of or a passenger in the motor vehicle.

(E) No person who has been issued a license or temporary emergency license to carry a concealed handgun under section 2923.125 or 2923.1213 of the Revised Code shall do any of the following:

(1) Knowingly transport or have a loaded handgun in a motor vehicle unless one of the following applies:

(a) The loaded handgun is in a holster on the person’s person.

(b) The loaded handgun is in a closed case, bag, box, or other container that is in plain sight and that has a lid, a cover, or a closing mechanism with a zipper, snap, or buckle, which lid, cover, or closing mechanism must be opened for a person to gain access to the handgun.

© The loaded handgun is securely encased by being stored in a closed glove compartment or vehicle console or in a case that is locked.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.16

It's a bersa 380, and it's fucking impossible for me to gain weight, trust me I have tried lol

how old are you? I said that in college too. I remember telling them to put 165 lbs. on my drivers license when I turned 21 (March of 2004), and thinking "it's cool - i'll get there soon."

I graduated about a year later weighing 187 (May of 2005). It takes lots of working out, protein powder, and consciously trying to eat tons of protein (mostly chicken, tuna, and freezer pizza), but if I can gain weight, anyone can.

PM me if you really want to have this discussion - I've been thinking about getting a carry permit, and the logistics of actually carrying are something I've been thinking about as recently as this morning. Definitely didn't want to derail the thread.

Bersas seem like nice guns. I've read good things.

Dream-Mousse-Concealer_open.jpg

That takes care of most of my issues, but I cake on the foundation. I digress...

5'10" 135lbs :eek: You should worry about getting food before you worry about holsters!

Props for not only being sarcastic and pointing out malnutrition but all on the first response

well done sir, well done

:bow::lol:

I have a t-shirt holster its like a cross between an under armor shirt and a shoulder holster. Downside it is not super easy to get to with a regular shirt over it. A big plus it holds my kel-tec .380 and my full size xd .45. Also it is great under my riding jacket.

What Chevy said about holsters in a vehicle. This includes motorcycles ie. saddle bags, but I normally carry in my t-shirt holster, my hip holster or in the pocket inside my riding jacket.

How does open carry work in Ohio btw

Strap it to your belt and go about your day... There should be no issues BUT you could have some depending on your local POPO even though it is perfectly legal.... Oh and don't be touching, checking or adjusting your gun in the local convenient store people tend to panic

Oh and no permit is required for open carry UNLESS you are in/on a vehicle (motorcycle is vehicle) then it is considered concealed.

• 2 weeks later...