Help me choose a bike... VFR vs SV1000 vs Superhawk vs ???

accel_is_my_drug

Hey all,

I am still struggling to find a replacement to my 97 VFR. Since the 1998-2001 VFR in my price range seems to be impossible to find or too far away, I have started looking outside the Honda family.

What does everyone think this bike is worth... 15k miles at 4500 seems like a lot, but there are a lot of extras..

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/2434741220.html

Any advice?

Link does not work!..arghhh... also forgot my log in to VFRD.....

Looks like Miguel made the VFRD classifieds members-only

Not much info in the ad, just:

Northeast Ohio, excellent condition fully serviced 17k miles.

OR looking to trade for Zrx1200 around same year.

but worth looking at for sure.

Never ridden a FZ1, but they seem to have a loyal fan base... how do they compare to a VFR? more sporty, less sporty,, little more hp?

Lots more power with the gen 2 FZ1. Don't know handling wise since I've never ridden a VFR, but I think they are about the same weight.

I'm a diehard 5th gen VFR crazy, but that SV has about everything on it that you could want to upgrade on the thing.

Still a VFR will do anything you want it to do long distance, twists and local commuting. I guess it depends what are you up for and what bucks you want to spend.

This one is an unfared version. Looks clean. I don't know the SVs but the seating position looks similar to, if not more comfortable than, the VFR. If I was looking for a bike locally, I'd probably pick this one.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/2391300490.html

Edited by DAC

Just for fun, the VFRD site also has a 3rd Gen VFR750 for $2k (Dallas Fort-Worth though). Know you don't want to travel, but those 3rd Gen VFRs are the shit. Great looks and the SSSA with the 8-spoke rear wheel is cool.

After Extensive research I think I have narrowed down my choices..

Its between a 2000+ VFR800 and a 2006+FZ1.

I miss my 97 VFR750 dearly, she was the last year for gear driven cams, 750cc, and carbs. I wonder if any newer VFR can be held up to her standards. I think I would like to try to avoid the Vtec models, which leave we with a 2000 or 01 VFR...

However,

I think I'm leaning towards a newer FZ1...... Now all I need to do is find one... 2006+ (with the Aluminium frame...) Anybody know of any available?