2003 Honda RC51

wacky_woodchuck

****SOLD 6/24/11 ***

2003 Honda RVT1000R (RC51)

Currently has 16,042 miles on it (but due to previous owner that changed gearing, more like 14k). Bought from 2nd owner back in August of 2010 with 15,500 miles on it. Purchased to do track days and with a new job role, new baby, I do not have time. This is the only reason for selling.

Currently Has the following included, along with all stock items removed.

- 2002 Tail (previous owner changed it due to liking the black number plates better)

- Sato Titanium Low Mounts (Sound great, very light)

- Ohlins Rear Shock (Sprung for 225lb, just serviced this winter by Dan Kyle Racing)

- Dan Kyle Rear suspension Link (linear suspension action, better traction and drive)

- Stock forks revalved and resprung for 225lb by Dan Kyle back in 2009

- Scotts Steering Damper and mount

- Sargent Drivers Seat (no stock seat included)

- Woodcraft rearsets (stock rearsets included)

- Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator

- Circuit RC51 Aluminum Clutch Cover (just installed)

- Barnett Clutch (plates/fibers/springs) installed less than 500 miles ago

- Factory Pro Shift Star Kit (installed less than 500 miles ago) Give quicker shifts

- Power Commander IIIR with custom map

- TurnOne Carbon Airbox

- TurnOne Carbon Snorkle

- TurnOne Carbon Air Scoops (runs much cooler)

- SPAL 5.2" Pusher fan (replaces stock 4" puller fan)

- Frame sliders

- Stomp Grips

- Vesrah RJL Front Brake Pads (Installed less than 500 miles ago)

- Goodrich Stainless Steel Braided front Brake Lines

- Speigler Stainless Steel Braided Clutch Line

- 09 Yamaha R6 Brembo Radial Front Master Cylinder

- 15T Front sprocket (stock is 16T)

- Stock Rear Sprocket (40T)

- Speedo Healer

-05/06 Honda RC51 Gauge Face (protects from melting of stock 03 gauge)

-Apex Adjustable Clip-ons

- Proton Flush Mount LED front turn signals

- Michelin Pilot Pures (less than 500 miles) 120/70-17 Front and 190/50-17 Rear

This past winter (10/11) I did a full on service (down to frame and motor) and got the bike fully back to like new. Flushed all fluids (oil/radiator/clutch/brakes). Running Amsoil 10W-40 full syntetic, Engine Ice radiator coolant and running Motul RBF600 brake fluid in clutch and all brakes. Over this winter I installed the Ohlins shock, Dan Kyle Link, Sato's, Woodcraft's, Scott's, Proton's, Airbox, snorkle and radiator scoops.

Looking for $6,000 OBO as it sits. Will trade for the right supermoto. Title is free and clear.

Second Option: $4,500 cash. Will be in stock condition with these mods: a set of Jardine Aluminum dual slip-ons, Competition Werkes undertail, LED signals front and rear Factory Pro Shift Kit and Barnett Clutch kit.

. (added 6/21/2011)

P6181544.jpg

P6181543.jpg

P6181542.jpg

P6181541.jpg

P6181540.jpg

P6181539.jpg

P6181546.jpg

P6181545.jpg

P6181549.jpg

P6181547.jpg

Edited by wacky_woodchuck
Bike is sold

I never understood why some 03's had the SP1 tail and some the SP2 tail, never made sense to me. This is a sick bike, I know someone needs one in their lives right now. I miss mine :(

What you call the SP1 tail, was one the bike up to 2002. In 2003 they went to a reversed scheme. Instead of black number plates on a silver tail, it was silver number plates on a black tail. I like the 2003 tail better, but the previous owner did not. Finding a 2003 tail in good condition is a little harder than trying to make a diamond out of a lump of coal.

So, tell us the truth, the sexy sound of a vtwin is no match for the ugliness of the RC51, so the HOA is making you get rid of it. :p

#secretRC51crush #freebump

When you ride it, you don't have to look at it. Same cannot be said about the last girl at the bar that you take home.

The HOA might have with the old Erions on there. 4" Diameter cans with minimal packing. The Sato's sound and are much better.

Have a few things in the works, but looking at one more option as I'm waiting to hear back from a dealer on 2010 Husky left over.

Will sell in stock condition, will have a set of Jardine Aluminum dual slip-ons, Competition Werkes undertail, LED signals front and rear, Factory Pro Shift Kit and Barnett Clutch kit.

$4,500 cash.

Take a left kidney?

Listening to one of these blip and growl into a corner, eager to be unleashed and thunder down the straight at Mid-Ohio was enough to put one of these on my 'Will own someday' list. I was left yearning for more soundly reverberations to be felt in my chest!

GLWS!

Edited by Rctaylor