Took my boy for his first street ride today...

600ZZ4eb

What up guys! I'm happy to report that my 9 year old just took his first trip out on public roads with my wife and i. Wifey was on her vulcan and me and the youngster were on the zzr. We did about 20 mile in town on back roads and broad st and main st getting up to about 55. He had a ball! We'll probably go out tomorrow mid-day.

Next is my daughter (10), hopefully tomorrow when she comes back from her moms house. I'm excited! :-)

How we can get more miles as a family on the bikes.....btw, we've had my wifes vulcan for 4 months i think and it only has (now) 320 miles on it...bringing the kids along will help with that :-)

You RIDE that bike? I didn't know! I thought you drove the toaster everywhere! :lol:

Glad to hear that you're confident enough in your riding to take them with you, and they're at the point where you're ok with them being on the bike! I may get a helmet and some gear to fit the 2 older boys, and let them ride with me sometime. (I'm not so sure that their mom is cool with that, though.)

You RIDE that bike? I didn't know! I thought you drove the toaster everywhere! :lol:

Glad to hear that you're confident enough in your riding to take them with you, and they're at the point where you're ok with them being on the bike! I may get a helmet and some gear to fit the 2 older boys, and let them ride with me sometime. (I'm not so sure that their mom is cool with that, though.)

gotta give my toaster a break some time. LOL!!! He did great, waiting this long was me going back and forth if it was a good time, but i'm ok with it now...at least for short trips. I'll have to see how my daughter will do and then it will be the wifeys turn to have one of the kids on back. She's not sure about it yet so we'll give her more time on her own bike first....but i'll get more time on the bike now that at least one of the kids is on board. :-)

My kids love to ride...they r 11 and 8...we take them on trip at least once a month last one was 120miles

thats awesome! Hopefully i'll be able to take them on some of the CSBA rides we do every month next year....got crawl before we walk or run :-)

My 7yo loves to ride on the back of my bike (see my avatar - that's me and him on my old Volusia before I bought the wee-strom)

Unfortunately I broke / sprained my ankle and my riding season is done. We'll be back next year though.

My mom and dad both had bikes when I was growing up. Mom had a Kaw, Dad a Suzuki. Don't remember much more that that. I used to love to ride, and was riding when I was their age. The only bikes I have owned are 4 Ninjas and my current Busa. Be careful, your kids might end up with a Kawasaki fetish!

Anyone else notice he didn't add any pictures to Prove he wasn't driving the toaster, with his head hanging out the window? It was talked about. He might have confused them.

Stay safe, and good luck!

:busa:

• Upvote 1

Awesomesauce!! Isaac has done a handful of trips with me on the FZ6' date=' but nothing on the new bike. I am planning on taking him to Columbus one of these weekends. I bought a Givi trunk that he can lean against if he feels inclined. Also, it gives him a little bit more comfort knowing there is something back there to stop him from calling backwards.

Honestly, the trunk is more for my peace of mind. He doesn't care, either way. LoL

I feel the same way. LOL!!! I was able to take my daughter out for the first time last night. She's a lot taller then my son and is able to easily reach around me to hold her hands together. She said she enjoyed herself which makes me happy, but she moved a couple times in the middle of a turn so i had to get on her about that, but it was her first time so we'll get that worked out and we'll be good to go. Both of them did really well and i hope they continue to enjoy it so we can go for some rides together. I have to get my wife a sissy bar for her bike so she will feel comfy with my son on the back of her bike, then a givi for me...$$$ in due time....:cool: