tricked out ducati...why???

scottie.harris

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would give my left testicle to own that....you would find me at the drag strip every weekend...not sure about that fat tire kit, but that could be fixed....even that isnt too bad....flame away, but thats the best looking duc ive ever seen

c7db402c33fa30255db4d391d878aba8.jpg?v=200732

Not for me, but I have seen much worse.

I do agree, if you are going to do this to a bike, nothing wrong with doing it to a Ducati, same effect, different bike.

But the whole reason to buy a ducati is for a perfect balanced handling machine. That's like putting a katana motor on a busa.

Not for me, but I have seen much worse.

I do agree, if you are going to do this to a bike, nothing wrong with doing it to a Ducati, same effect, different bike.

But the whole reason to buy a ducati is for a perfect balanced handling machine. That's like putting a katana motor on a busa.

The point being, it ruins the bike regardless of what it is, in my opinion, similar too your example...Agreed!!!:)

I think it looks beautifully done. Not saying its a great idea, but atleast it doesnt look half-assed.

Its not something I would do, but ppl buy bikes for different reasons and i understand that. Comments about riding twisties or practicality are retarded...some of you guys are just bandwagon internet posters. If it was about practicality, we'd all bang ugly chics.

Most of the stuff we play around with isnt about practicality.

or because you wanna look like an italian prick ?

I cringe at the sight of such wrecklessly abandoned purpose - I can understand to go where rarely anyone has gone before, but some custom sports make me sick - professionally done or not, how can one allow such a hack up of some of the best suspension/chassis engineering this planet can buy off the showroom floors? I'll never understand those that choose form over function when it comes to sportbikes, cruisers are another animal so go ruin one of those instead - they dont corner to begin with ;)

Like having a top-of-the-bloodline bull.......with a vasectomy

people make the same arguement about the s1000rr....if i had a s1000rr, i would stretch and slam it first thing...maybe hit some twisties once before doing so...then ide be at the strip that weekend

just because a bike isnt being used how you deem "the right way" doesnt mean it doesnt have function....."form over function" doesnt apply to bikes being used for a certain purpose if they are doing it well....that duc isnt a drag bike, you can tell by the goofy tire...but im sure you get the point im trying to make....i would have no problem modding a ducati or a bmw or an aprilia or whatever else into a drag bike if i knew it would do it well

people make the same arguement about the s1000rr....if i had a s1000rr, i would stretch and slam it first thing...maybe hit some twisties once before doing so...then ide be at the strip that weekend

just because a bike isnt being used how you deem "the right way" doesnt mean it doesnt have function....."form over function" doesnt apply to bikes being used for a certain purpose if they are doing it well....that duc isnt a drag bike, you can tell by the goofy tire...but im sure you get the point im trying to make....i would have no problem modding a ducati or a bmw or an aprilia or whatever else into a drag bike if i knew it would do it well

That Duc is doing NOTHING functional other than burning fuel, eating the middle out of that rear tire, and maybe winning show trophies........But, I can completely understand slamming and stretching an S1000RR, it's been proven on the dragstrip since it's inception, and is actually a really good platform to build an 8 second bike out of.......but what you don't see is anyone running a "functioning" dragbike down the strip with 300mm's of back tire, it's just a futile attempt at looking mean without performing to that degree. How many Duc's have been dragraced religiously? Rare at best.

I consider it like tubbing an 80's Chevette, just no rhyme or reason other than conforming to a showbike standard........afterall, this is NO daily rider for sale here.

That Duc is doing NOTHING functional other than burning fuel, eating the middle out of that rear tire, and maybe winning show trophies........But, I can completely understand slamming and stretching an S1000RR, it's been proven on the dragstrip since it's inception, and is actually a really good platform to build an 8 second bike out of.......but what you don't see is anyone running a "functioning" dragbike down the strip with 300mm's of back tire, it's just a futile attempt at looking mean without performing to that degree. How many Duc's have been dragraced religiously? Rare at best.

I consider it like tubbing an 80's Chevette, just no rhyme or reason other than conforming to a showbike standard........afterall, this is NO daily rider for sale here.

i realize that duc is a bike night bike - hence my comments about the goofy tire on it (although it does have potential with a proper rear tire and some spray)

but people talk about modding ducatis and other exotic bikes like its a sin....if you do anything with one other than twisties or riding at the track, you "ruined" it

for example:

http://www.ducatibunbury.com.au/999rTurbo.tpl

i would die on this thing, but it would be a great death

032109patto07.jpg

Edited by Steve Butters

i realize that duc is a bike night bike - hence my comments about the goofy tire on it (although it does have potential with a proper rear tire and some spray)

but people talk about modding ducatis and other exotic bikes like its a sin....if you do anything with one other than twisties or riding at the track, you "ruined" it

for example:

http://www.ducatibunbury.com.au/999rTurbo.tpl

i would die on this thing, but it would be a great death

032109patto07.jpg

Now this ^^^ is a completely different story - this Duc is truly built with a purpose and not just a show pony......I personally haven't seen a Duc like this before, and I'm assuming that reason is either Ducati's engine / chassis setup is hard to work with for milking more absolute power, or they're simply too expensive to get BMW type performance out of it on a dragstrip.

Here's my (personal) concensus, if somebody wants to dump tons of cash into a showbike - then so be it......but they're just taking ALL that the bike was built for away from it by trying to make it "look" like it's a drag machine.......so to me, this is simply a huge moneypit that does NOTHING it was intended for as far as performance goes. If the owner digs it, that's fine - I'm just voicing my opinion on this type of custom sportbike, I'm not force feeding anyone here -- but I do concur with what you'd do to a Beemer, because it works great on the strip right out of the box so that makes sense to me.......just don't have it airbrushed and chrome it out before you launch it!!

If its fast, it needs to be able to stop at the other end....but I'm betting its not that fast.

twin turbo sprayed liter bikes arent fast?

did you click the link and look at the pictures? theres nothing poser about that grey bike....it is a purpose built drag bike

launched with nitrous, and when the bike is spooling 10lbs of boost the nitrous kicks off and lets the turbos do the work....its probably not slow lol

020509dragbike00.jpg

Edited by Steve Butters

been under construction since 2006...last update on the site was 09, but it made magazines last year....supposedly still a work in progress....but then again, any fast bike/car is a constant work in progress

no doubt it will be wicked fast when its done...the other bikes that have come out of that shop have been nothing less (also ducati drag bikes)

this is theirs too.... 9.68@149.25

WESTERNATIONALS3.jpg

sure its no 8 second bmw...but that aint bad for a short wheel base bike from 2008

Edited by Steve Butters