Moto Series - Nelson Ledges - August 5-8

APCh8r

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT WILL NOT RAIN tomorrow. I can tell.

Leaving work by 12:30 today, heading to Dicks accross the st. to grab a rain suit ;) then to the track. Should be there by 4pm.

Blue, no homo but I will most likely need some help getting used to the new back protector and keeping it in place when Im getting my suit on, only used it once so far... Dont worry I just put a lock on the inside of my trailer so we can keep it hush hush.

Cant wait!

IT WILL NOT RAIN tomorrow. I can tell.

Leaving work by 12:30 today, heading to Dicks accross the st. to grab a rain suit ;) then to the track. Should be there by 4pm.

Works every time! Everyone go out and spend a lot of money on rain suits and rain tires, then it won't rain.

Okay....looks like I probably won't be working tomorrow. But I don't know if there are any openings in the I/O group. So I'm trying to decide if I want to try and pack shit up this evening and come out tomorrow.....in the rain. :D

Another great track day, the weather turned out good for us. I hit a few rain drops on my way back to Mentor. Would have been better if my bike didn't start overheating the 2nd session after lunch.

Its been a long evening but I think I got the overheating issue fixed. I was about ready to give up for the night but some searching through the triumph forums found the solution. The culprit? A bad radiator cap that wasn't making a good seal. I had 2 spares to choose from off of part-out bikes I've had. I topped off the water, put the cap on, and all is well. See you all back at the track in the am!

I don't do novice anymore. You'll have to just bite the bullet and move up to the I/O group. You're not supposed to do 10 novice days before moving up. I know you're good enough for I/O. Steve (RVT1000) has decided to bail on me for Mid-O so all you need to do is come out on the 15th and we'll see if we can get enough for a garage for 4 of us.

You must be the only person I know that likes to work period. :nono:

This was my third novice day and it felt real good. I will be moving up to Intermediate next time out. I am hoping to be at Beaverun and am going to sign up for STT so I can try and make putnam at the end of this month

I don't do novice anymore. You'll have to just bite the bullet and move up to the I/O group. You're not supposed to do 10 novice days before moving up. I know you're good enough for I/O. Steve (RVT1000) has decided to bail on me for Mid-O so all you need to do is come out on the 15th and we'll see if we can get enough for a garage for 4 of us.

You must be the only person I know that likes to work period. :nono:

I'm just kidding with ya. You always busted my balls for running novice. I've stepped up to I/O.

I don't necessary like work just do it to feed the addiction. Actually starting a new job the 15th so have to skip Mid O. Probably try to do Sept. 10@beaver. Hopefully we can get a big OR turn out.

Had a great day yesterday except I discovered my tires really do suck. They were getting a bit melty. I guess I'll just have to buy some trackday tires finally!

what kind of tires, and what pace at Nelson?

I hate seeing people spend money on equipment instead of seat time unless they really need the better rubber. Track riding is expensive enough without buying more tire than you can use.

Tyler, did you stop over to the OR banner bro? I didn't see ya if so. I was on the Red/Yellow GSXR 600 #539. I heard you were there, but I was in race school and Andrew gets a tad long winded at times, plus it was 1 on 1 work all day and I really learned a ton.

Friday's up there are AWESOME by the way, if anyone can make 1/2 days or what not to get up there after work, do it! 65bux split into 2 sessions now, and we got I think 5 sessions in before someone went down in the Caresoul. Jinu, hope you are okay buddy, you looked ok, heard your ankle was a bit bad, but the bike, well just get some zip ties bro.

Took 3 seconds off my times Friday following Craig around, thank you Craig for the tow, basically all night. It was really nice of you to take your time to help me out, plus you ran a 1.16.

Saturday was HOTT, my leathers have sweat marks all over and so does my seat. But race school was great, I didn't shave any time of IN school, but I learned a lot. I had 2 moments in the kink, but that was about it. Good day rode HARD. Mock starts are awesome, I got several people on the second and third, then got passed I am sure by all of them lol.

Sunday, wasn't going to race....... Did, so glad I did. No idea what my bank account looks like, but oh well, the experience was worth it. Took about another 1.5 seconds off my time, I was still LAST, I admitted it, but I only got lapped twice by KTM Brian, and tried to follow his line a few times through the caresoul to pick up the pace, but my god is he fast. Both clean passes and no worries there.

I learned a lot this weekend, can't wait to get back out and on the grid. The highlight of my weekend was saying I gridded 1 row behind KTM Brian, even if he did lap me twice. I could've used a little ass slap when he went around the second time, but that's okay.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out this weekend; Brandon, thanks for letting borrow the scooter, next time I want the HOG. Craig, thanks for everything man, not sure where to start there. Nick, you looked good man, keep your head high bro, and your lines definitely improved over last time I was there with ya. You'r right there man! Joe, hope your bike gets running soon, just a lot of bad luck there. May wanna try to run some more open days, and don't be afraid to ask for Mentors more often, I know having 1 on 1 track school helped me a lot.

Riding 3 days in a row, makes me feel like I just stayed my first night in prison.....