Cruiser Tires.....Thoughts?

Cdubyah

Yeah I know there are alot of tire threads. Well here is another....so suck it.

Looking for new rubber, but not sure what to look for.

Want something with comparable grip, good tread life, and good in the water.

I don't like to ride in a straight line, but need something that's gonna hold up well until I can get to a curvy road. On the flip side, I'm not riding a sportbike, so I don't need the greatest compound tire ever made.

Front is 130/90x17

Rear is 170/60x17

What has worked well for you? Need your thoughts.

My stock Dunlop's have lasted almost 7000 miles. So I'm hoping to get around the same, if not more life from the new.

Thank you.

i had Metzler ME880s on the vmax and it was the best thing i ever did to that bike

they supposedly get great mileage (i didnt wear them out, they looked brand new after 2-3k miles when i sold it)....they were plenty sticky, i could lean the bike over until the footpegs scraped and they took it perfectly....awesome tires

i also got caught in quite a few thunderstorms and never had them slip or anything, which says a lot on such a torquey bike....even rode a thunderstorm at 80ish on the freeway just fine

• Upvote 1

^ i also heard good things about these...the avon venom and the me880s are the two options i looked at for my bike, and the two main tires i saw pop up everywhere as being the best choice....i would say you cant go wrong with either ...i forget why i decided on the me880s over the venoms, might have been price or availability or something, i dont know lol

Had both ME880s and Z6 RoadTec from Metzler, loved them both. Great handling, rode well. Also heard great things about Avon. Plan to run ME880s or RoadRiders on the Virago. I wouldn't go cheap on tires - you only have two. Save money on car tires, spend money on your bike.