Dream Big group ride: can it be real? State Wide?

NinjaDoc

I'm still way slower than most guys I ride with. I'm fairly certain I'm running about 80-90%' date=' and their barely pulling 60%. :dunno:[/quote']

Haven't ridden with you much recently, but you always look comfortable through the corners. Are you wanting to go faster?

Yes. This is what I want. ;)

I need to get the rotors on the MTS replaced' date=' though. I always scare myself if I need to scrub speed, because I forget that they are bent. Every time.. I forget. Then, I squeeze the lever, the front end does the "Harley Dance", I shit myself for a few seconds and then remember to let go of the lever before I completely miss the turn.

:lol: :stupidfuckingdeer:[/quote']

At least once a year, I reevaluate my entire riding technique. Bad habits and laziness can creep in. It helps a lot. At least for me :cool:

Sorry Bro, we were late because of her. She totally came unprepared, we had to put air in her tires, to only discover she left the house without a plate on her bike. She waited there for about four hours, to her friend could bring the plate out to her.

Just bustin' chop where chops are to be busted. :cheers: It really wasnt a big deal for me, I wasn't on a schedule per se, like some others

my returning demon has been not looking far enough thru a corner and body positioning.. When I first started riding, not turning my head and looking far enough was a real problem.. Exaggerated look thru seemed so bogus.. But after some serious miles, I felt I had corrected that and noticed a difference in smoothing out my corner entry. It was good for a while but my last trip to down to Deals Gap and riding with some less experienced riders quickly brought out a pucker moment and when I reflected on it I realized had I looked further thru the corner I may have had more time to emergency correct my line and been less of a pucker.

My last ride with couple rides with Doc also made me self conscious about it and I realized I was getting lazy. I also find that by not looking far enough ahead that I'm losing my ability to hold corner speed to the exit.

^ hahahahahahahah :lol:

inya it was fun in its own way, certainly memorable, if you ask us happy go lucky riders we certainly say would do it again, not sure about the fast group who had to wait out for us etc

We didn't wait, we hopped on our bikes and stared at the walrus and penguin for the next 3 hours...

The GS500 is an awesome bike... learning' date=' or not. Light, flickable, good on gas, comfortable. What's not to love?

[/quote']

Gas capacity and top speed are my only peeves with one :) And I'll be honest, I strongly thought about buying one, and if I could've found as good a deal on a gs500 as my blast, that would've been my first bike :)

I gotta give mad props to those of you who spanned the state from the lake to the river and back.... you guys are beasts for real....

TY! Ride down was made easier because I was behind a beautiful Green versys, and the ride home was made easier because I was behind a beautiful, um, er... sv650 ;) (Inside joke ;))

Josh' date=' you need better riding gear and tires. When you're in Columbus, swing by Iron Pony and check their clearance section for some leather pants/ballistic pants. Something with armor. Jeans are not proper street gear.

/gear nazi[/quote']

Tires might not happen until the spring, but riding pants are a definite possibilty for this fall. Actually, that's a good reminder about Iron Pony... I'll take my leftover cash with me and and if I find a pair that fits and isn't TOO expensive, I'm all over it. PFloydgad posted and I responded, but then never heard back... They're padded, and certainly better than nothing, and also dirt cheap.

It was the east part of the group, me, hawnut, green versys me and conne, We were going through that wet, leaf ridden part of road and was going slow and i see this bike pull up behind us, was thinking he gonna be mad at our pace :)

u always ride close and around us why never join us :nono:

LOL ...not being unsociable, just got a late start yesterday (12:30). BTW, your pace showed good judgement. The roads were shit in that area.

Hey I got a rear tire you can use to get thru the rest of this season if you don't mind it being a bit squared down the middle. Just sayin.
The YZF runs a 160' date=' right? If so, I have a set of tires I pulled off the Monster. ContiRoadAttacks. Decent tread in the center and definitely usable tread on the edges. Not really flat-spotted at all.

Josh, they're yours if you want them. Take 'em with you, or you can pay me to install them. ($60, for both)[/quote']

Whichever will take care of me better... Pauly saw my tires, so if whatever you have is in better shape, it sounds like a win. You have all the equipment to mount 'em & all that?

A quickie search says 160/60 ZR17 for the rear and a 120/60 on the front

The ideal thing is to buy fresh tires' date=' but mine will do. However, the front is a 120/70. I tend to disregard the 120/60 fronts, as the 70 gives you more contact patch when you're leaning. To each his own, I guess.[/quote']

And on some bikes a 70 corrects the speedo some or all.

The YZF runs a 160' date=' right? If so, I have a set of tires I pulled off the Monster. ContiRoadAttacks. Decent tread in the center and definitely usable tread on the edges. Not really flat-spotted at all.

Josh, they're yours if you want them. Take 'em with you, or you can pay me to install them. ($60, for both)[/quote']

160/60/17 rear, 120/60/17 front.. 120/70 usually fits but is tight.. side effect with the 70 is it happens to correct the ambitious speedo .. Josh take it!

I havn't had many opportunities to ride with others (and I missed this one damit).

However for a new rider I found reading the book "Proficient Motorcycling" very helpful. I really found myself using many of the techniques in the book and using the information learned to help ride more smoothly.

That and actually riding curvy roads. Kinda hard to do around Cleveland but one trip down to Marietta and back made a huge difference.

Hearing about the fuel stops makes me appreciate my Vstrom. On that 450 mile ride to Marietta and back I only stopped for fuel once. Granted I don't ride really hard but I still got about 230 miles before the fuel warning light went on. That and there is no stress on the shoulder/arms as you sit much more upright on that bike. Ofcourse the downsides are it is tall and heavy compared to a supersport and has much less power.

Craig

The Thundercat pro says take it, so consider it taken!

Schedule is crap w/ work, but I might be free Saturday? (Hopefully this seller can meet me at the title Bureau early to square away some shenanigans.......)

And if you're riding on Saturday and can't do tires, then I understand completely ;)

Come to think of it' date=' I had a little rear slip on 556. I'm not sure what that was about, but the back slid and then grabbed. Scared the piss outta' me, but I wasn't about to let Justin pull away. I just winced and hoped for the best.. and opened a bit more throttle.

He's a quick sum'bitch. :lol:[/quote']

That's crazy, I heard he was fast. Those wide black tar strips were slippery, not sure if you hit one of those? Your bike should have been on rail, with the Öhlins.:D I wish I could of rode in your group. I hung back to make sure the wife was ok. Still had a blast though.